Howlong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. :sigh:

Think I could have the numbers for the others? Also, I just sent you a message.

I'm impressed, somebody else who uses proper grammar in texts. :up: (My own suffer from a lack of capitalisation because my phone sucks and I can't figure out how to make any letter but the very first of the message a capital!)

I'll e-mail you the numbers I have.

As for plans, since I've got nothing on past my exam, name any time and date and I can be there. Which has been part of the problem, since it seems none of us are able to say "only this day is good for me". We need things to plan around!

I'm impressed, somebody else who uses proper grammar in texts. :up: (My own suffer from a lack of capitalisation because my phone sucks and I can't figure out how to make any letter but the very first of the message a capital!)
ugh, i hate when people turn illiterate when they text. i see shit get abbreviated so badly, sometimes even i can't figure out what they're saying.

Not a lot...after going to sleep at 3am, I just woke up about 30 minutes ago.

Debating about how to spend my afternoon, need to decide in the next 45 minutes.

Exciting stuff, if exciting means "not very exciting". :)

3am, ouch - I'm afraid I'll be having such a night, too. The day's gone by too quickly. What time is it there, now?

Seriously, sleep is a bitch.

I accidentally stayed up later than I meant to. It was probably at least 4:30 before I got to sleep. And I woke up at like... 9 AM. WHAT THE HELL, BRAIN. It's Saturday! I wanted to sleep until noon!

As for plans, since I've got nothing on past my exam, name any time and date and I can be there. Which has been part of the problem, since it seems none of us are able to say "only this day is good for me". We need things to plan around!

My texts are always done with proper spelling, grammar, etc. My IM's, too. I'm way too anal in that regard to operate in any other manner.

3am, ouch - I'm afraid I'll be having such a night, too. The day's gone by too quickly. What time is it there, now?

Here in Chicago, it's 11:23am. It's not like I was out galavanting around town or anything (I'm too old for that now, sadly) :)....I just am a night owl, and it's more pronounced when I've not got work the next day.

ugh, i hate when people turn illiterate when they text. i see shit get abbreviated so badly, sometimes even i can't figure out what they're saying.

It irritates the daylights out of me. Even people who spell properly in IMs seem to go to shit in texts.

Though I must admit I sometimes omit apostrophes if I'm trying to avoid going over the character limit. I figure I'd rather omit an apostrophe than go one character over the limit and get charged for a second text!

My texts are always done with proper spelling, grammar, etc. My IM's, too. I'm way too anal in that regard to operate in any other manner.

I don't know any other way to write. The way my brain is wired, I could not consciously choose to make a spelling or grammatical error. What I mentioned in my last post about cutting apostrophes to save on sending multiple texts pains me each time I do it, but I need to watch my credit since I'm on pre-paid rather than any kind of neat plan.

Haha, thanks. It's okay, my phone doesn't believe there's such a thing as an apostrophe, which can be frustrating.

I agree, we need to figure something out. That's why I want the numbers badly. Also it'd be good if we could have one last chat here to figure things out. I think on Wednesday afternoon/night my brother will be seeing some of his friends, so it'd be good if we could plan something then. Could be either Wednesday or Thursday. I wanted to spend the first day or two getting used to everything, maybe meet up with another friend for lunch, nothing big.

The only changes for me in grammar in IM is that I generally stop capitalizing. I still use commas and apostrophes, and I don't use shortening things for the most part. I don't say "lol," I say "haha."

In texts, I also stop using apostrophes and instead of commas I use dashes to separate thoughts.

You know, I've observed a disturbing phenomenon. I have online friends that type perfectly well in IMs with me... but in IMs with their real life friends, they type in chatspeak, to match their friends' chatspeak, as though ashamed of their ability to use proper grammar. WHAT THE HELL.

You know, I've observed a disturbing phenomenon. I have online friends that type perfectly well in IMs with me... but in IMs with their real life friends, they type in chatspeak, to match their friends' chatspeak, as though ashamed of their ability to use proper grammar. WHAT THE HELL.

Put a stop to it.

It irritates the daylights out of me. Even people who spell properly in IMs seem to go to shit in texts.

Though I must admit I sometimes omit apostrophes if I'm trying to avoid going over the character limit. I figure I'd rather omit an apostrophe than go one character over the limit and get charged for a second text!
i know what you mean. luckily the people i text on a regular basis don't do any of that shit.

and i usually don't pay attention to character limits, only because i get unlimited texts and so do said people. however, if i'm texting someone who i'm not sure if they get unlimited texts or not, of course then i'd try to condense it to one text.

I will not bore you and everyone else in here, so I will try to keep this short:

U2 are my favorite band, by a lot, but REM are my 2nd, by a lot, and this goes back to 1983/1984, when I was a kid and they were only getting played on college radio.....so, they mean a lot to me......anyway, Find the River is my favorite song of theirs and I never had heard it LIVE....until the concert a few weeks ago....so it was a pretty amazing moment for me to finally hear it. Anyway, sorry, carry on.....

Does it please you that I am running through their discography?

Haha, thanks. It's okay, my phone doesn't believe there's such a thing as an apostrophe, which can be frustrating.

I agree, we need to figure something out. That's why I want the numbers badly. Also it'd be good if we could have one last chat here to figure things out. I think on Wednesday afternoon/night my brother will be seeing some of his friends, so it'd be good if we could plan something then. Could be either Wednesday or Thursday. I wanted to spend the first day or two getting used to everything, maybe meet up with another friend for lunch, nothing big.

Ick, that is annoying. What I hate about mine is how hard it is to get the number 1. I often type out "one" because that takes less time.

Wednesday for Greek I think has been a bit of a tentative plan for a bit, so I'm good with that. Let's try and round everyone up for that. And whenever you want to do the National Gallery is good by me.

Hope we can fit in that Indian place (Thursday?) and a piss-up.

I have no texting plan whatsoever, and my parents have said they want no parts of it.

Naturally, even despite trying my best not to text, I end up receiving about 30 in a month and sending about 20. Paying per text, no less.

Ick, that is annoying. What I hate about mine is how hard it is to get the number 1. I often type out "one" because that takes less time.

Wednesday for Greek I think has been a bit of a tentative plan for a bit, so I'm good with that. Let's try and round everyone up for that. And whenever you want to do the National Gallery is good by me.

Hope we can fit in that Indian place (Thursday?) and a piss-up.

By my calculations on my phone, 1 is 11 hits of the 1 button and 0 is 12 hits. Question mark is 3 hits, dash is 5 hits. There is no apostrophe.

Does it please you that I am running through their discography?

It would be more pleasing if you meandered through it, and took your time, but, yes, they're, to me, true alternative music pioneers and their music impacts me in ways few other bands ever can. So, yes, am glad that you're giving them a listen and I hope you like what you hear. Their two albums prior to Accelerate are not all that good, but I like or love everything else.

I dunno... I'm a bit afraid of the person in question. She's a very violent nursing student. Though thus far, most of her violent outbursts have been directed toward various insects that find their way into her house. But she did hit a little girl with her car once (not on purpose though... I think)

I am not afraid of her. Let me know how I can help. This has to cease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom