Howlong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not high speed rail.

That's rail on crystal meth.
i know! :drool: by the time you get in your seat...you've already arrived at your destination.

I've found when this place has gone dead-thread on me, I may have a 12 post page, then I'll refresh a few minutes later and suddenly the last 2 have bumped over to a new page.
oooh, interesting. i've never refreshed the thread when it's dead (i'll just switch over to the ooc page and refresh that) so i didn't know.

Exactly. Money is important....but i'd rather flip burgers for it than risk my life for it.
exactly. for that boyfriend/girlfriend i was talking about, he should just get another job like she has. or they can cut expenses somehow. and as for the couple i know who are getting married today, well for starters, they didn't have to buy a house next to her sister which costs more than her sister's house does. just because she wanted to live next door to her :doh:

Good/Bad.

The last thing we need is people flying planes or operating guns just because someone else is.

Hanger-on was a bit mentally unstable. He would've started firing missiles just for the fun of it. They were extremely quick to reject him.

He now spends his days either working at his parent's shop or getting stoned while having unprotected sex with women who probably have STDs.

i know! :drool: by the time you get in your seat...you've already arrived at your destination.

exactly. for that boyfriend/girlfriend i was talking about, he should just get another job like she has. or they can cut expenses somehow. and as for the couple i know who are getting married today, well for starters, they didn't have to buy a house next to her sister which costs more than her sister's house does. just because she wanted to live next door to her :doh:

Not even time to put you ticket in your wallet :hmm:

If they wanted to be close...why not just move in together?

I don't suppose they need this money due to a stupidly expensive wedding?
ha, probably not. tradition states the bride's family pays for the wedding, so i'm sure they are. they're so naive about it though, they expect their house to just magically sell once he officially gets deployed, and i've read that the housing market here is so bad, homes bought via va loans aren't even selling as fast at they used to. and she told me she'd be in germany i guess while he trains or something, so it's not like they can just keep the house.

when i first saw the "girl" in quotes, i figured she was a blow-up doll and thought to myself "oh, he must be talking about liam" :lmao: and hairy? ewww, that's why god invented wax.

haha, that's hilarious. thank god the kid was rejected, the last thing this world needs is more unqualified people joining the armed forces of the world. unless it's in iraq, am i rite! :der:

:laugh:

Actually, that makes two friends in relationships, since Liam genuinely is in a relationship, as much as I say it's with a blow-up doll or a potato. But I can imagine his kind of wedding would just be going to a prog concert, so that's fine.

Motherfucker, yes.

Now, let's get compacting the North Island by about 300 kilometres.

Well, we could get some space quickly by wiping out the nasty parts around Huntly and Palmerston North.

Though that coal around Huntly is kind of economically significant, so we better make sure we relocate it somewhere sensible. Like Manukau. Then we can just rip up that hellhole so we can mine the coal!

Hanger-on was a bit mentally unstable. He would've started firing missiles just for the fun of it. They were extremely quick to reject him.

He now spends his days either working at his parent's shop or getting stoned while having unprotected sex with women who probably have STDs.
oh god. thank god he got rejected.

:lmao:

I now want rail to start doing crystal meth.
me too :drool:

Not even time to put you ticket in your wallet :hmm:

If they wanted to be close...why not just move in together?
exactly :giggle:

they already did :doh:

While waiting in the queue for departure at Frankfurt, all aircraft were advised of a 20 minute delay.

One unidentified aircraft replied "Bullshit".

The tower was irate, and demanded to know which aircraft had sworn over the airwaves.

No-one replied, but after a while, this BA pilot clicks his mike:

Frankfurt Tower, Speedbird 206, Negative on the Bullshit"

Followed by every other aircraft in the queue repeating

ha, probably not. tradition states the bride's family pays for the wedding, so i'm sure they are. they're so naive about it though, they expect their house to just magically sell once he officially gets deployed, and i've read that the housing market here is so bad, homes bought via va loans aren't even selling as fast at they used to. and she told me she'd be in germany i guess while he trains or something, so it's not like they can just keep the house.

Oh, you gotta love people who don't have a clue trying to plan complicated stuff.

Heartbreak's a-comin' for them.

Well, we could get some space quickly by wiping out the nasty parts around Huntly and Palmerston North.

Though that coal around Huntly is kind of economically significant, so we better make sure we relocate it somewhere sensible. Like Manukau. Then we can just rip up that hellhole so we can mine the coal!

:hi5:

It's a plan! We start Monday.

Uh....bring a shovel.

Actually, that makes two friends in relationships, since Liam genuinely is in a relationship, as much as I say it's with a blow-up doll or a potato. But I can imagine his kind of wedding would just be going to a prog concert, so that's fine.
:lmao: ahh yes, the potato jokes :giggle: and yes, i think that'd suit him well.

me? if i were to marry, i'd probably just go down to justice of peace and bring my parents with me. i don't want a huge wedding. i don't even want a big reception. just a small party with only my closest friends, and an awesome deejay.

me? if i were to marry, i'd probably just go down to justice of peace and bring my parents with me. i don't want a huge wedding. i don't even want a big reception. just a small party with only my closest friends, and an awesome deejay.

My idea is to find somewhere scenic, invite about 30 people at most, and play awesome music. Fuck the traditional bullshit.

I wonder if any woman crazy enough to marry me would also be crazy enough to let me choose the music? :hmm: Because I'd just choose GOOD music, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't for a wedding ...

i know! i mean, i'll feel bad for them if everything doesn't work out like they've planned, but it's ridiculous to just assume everything will fall into place.

See, I'd just tell them up-front that they're being daft, it probably won't work, and when it all falls to pieces, don't come crying to me for sympathy because I'll have four words for them: "I told you so."

My idea is to find somewhere scenic, invite about 30 people at most, and play awesome music. Fuck the traditional bullshit.

I wonder if any woman crazy enough to marry me would also be crazy enough to let me choose the music? :hmm: Because I'd just choose GOOD music, regardless of how appropriate it is or isn't for a wedding ...
:lol: i can picture lots of death metal and prog :hmm:

See, I'd just tell them up-front that they're being daft, it probably won't work, and when it all falls to pieces, don't come crying to me for sympathy because I'll have four words for them: "I told you so."
:lol: i'm blunt, but i'm not THAT blunt. instead, two of my friends and i talk about them while we're at work :uhoh:

And nobody actually likes Hamilton anyway.
:hmm: the only thing i know about hamilton is that i have a split enz concert filmed in hamilton, ontario and tim mentioned during said concert that they had a hamilton in new zealand as well.

:lol: i can picture lots of death metal and prog :hmm:

Damn straight, though the death metal would just be for the lulz value.

:lol: i'm blunt, but i'm not THAT blunt. instead, two of my friends and i talk about them while we're at work :uhoh:

My friends come to me when they want a blunt assessment. When they want somebody to make them feel better about their stupid decisions, they have this habit of avoiding me. Funny how I usually find out anyway and give them a blast. :laugh:

:hmm: the only thing i know about hamilton is that i have a split enz concert filmed in hamilton, ontario and tim mentioned during said concert that they had a hamilton in new zealand as well.

Hamilton's not far from their Te Awamutu hometown, actually.

I FOUND THE NIMBY POST I MENTIONED EARLIER!

God, I love this.

RTT_Rules on Railpage Australia said:
NIMBY's guide to buying a house that won't be affected with time
1) If you like the area, its likely others soon will too.
2) If you like to live in a green valley, ask yourself why hasn't it yet been dammed and if not when will it.
3) If someone is flying a Cessena to a grass strip near by once a week, ask yourself could it become an international airport one day?
4) If someone built a large industrial plant, nuclear research station etc in the middle of the bush, ask why before you buy the cheap land near by.
5) Just because access is via a dirt road to nowhere, could this one day be a 6 lane hwy to 250,000 homes
6) If believe anywhere with sand and water is not attractive to developers, check yourself into a phsyc hospital.
7) A railway that runs past the house following the national hwy route will only get busier.
8) Today's quiet sleepy village is tomorrow real estate bargins hunters paradise
9) If you don't want to live in a capital city, don't buy next to one, it will find you sooner or later.
10) There are no gareentees in life that everything will stay the same and sometimes you just have to move.

#9 in particular = :lmao:

Damn straight, though the death metal would just be for the lulz value.
:lol:

My friends come to me when they want a blunt assessment. When they want somebody to make them feel better about their stupid decisions, they have this habit of avoiding me. Funny how I usually find out anyway and give them a blast. :laugh:
:hmm: i doubt any of my friends want me to really blunt with them. because there'd be a lot of things i could say that they wouldn't want to hear. plus, i'm sure they'd say stuff i wouldn't want to hear :giggle:

Hamilton's not far from their Te Awamutu hometown, actually.
that's what i thought :cute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom