Howlong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Failpage Australia seriously has the worst search feature EVER. It seems to be unaware of the previous year. I couldn't get any results for NIMBY more recently than last June, even when I told it to search only the last month's posts.

So I told it to search the last month's posts for "train".

No threads or posts met your search criteria

:lmao:

god i wish :drool: i could go to sleep right about now.

ugh, tell me about it! luckily, this is the only friend of mine who is close to getting married. everyone else is in relationships (seriously, i'm the "single friend") but none of them seem like they're going to get engaged for a while. i just thank god she didn't ask me to be in her wedding, because i wouldn't have been able to afford it, and i'd probably make a shitty bridesmaid.

I bloody well hope none of my friends ask me to be their best man or any of that shit. I've no idea what to do. And I hope if I ever get married, it's to somebody who has similar ideas to me about how a wedding should be small, done on the cheap, and nice and easy. Fuck relatives who expect to be invited to some huge event.

As it stands, all my good friends are single. I'm the only one who's been in a really long term relationship. Actually, I tell a lie. One close friend in Georgia is actually engaged, she's six months younger than me, and I'm skeptical the marriage is a good idea, but hey, at least I don't have to go.

Your new longest post?

Personally, it just strikes me as ridiculous for a city the size of Auckland to have two airports, so working with the existing one would obviously be much more ideal. It also has good potential for rail access, which I simply had to bring up.

And don't worry, whatever plan they choose will be staggeringly illogical and daft. It's the way of the world.
yeah. the memphis metro area (combining all adjacent cities) is as big as auckland, and we don't have two airports. in fact, the one we have is so small, it's laughable. imo.

when i think of cities "deserving" of two airports, i think of huge cities. stuff like chicago, new york, and london.

Failpage Australia seriously has the worst search feature EVER. It seems to be unaware of the previous year. I couldn't get any results for NIMBY more recently than last June, even when I told it to search only the last month's posts.

So I told it to search the last month's posts for "train".

No threads or posts met your search criteria

:lmao:

Could it be the inverse of Interference? Everyone secretly hates trains and talks about U2 and Coldplay instead?

Could it be the inverse of Interference? Everyone secretly hates trains and talks about U2 and Coldplay instead?

Well, that would explain all the threads bashing the Public Transport Users Association!

when i think of cities "deserving" of two airports, i think of huge cities. stuff like chicago, new york, and london.

Yeah. New Zealand's the kind of country that if it were a little more compact, you could just about serve ir with just one major airport on each island.

If Auckland and Wellington were 400km rather than 700km apart, you could just whack some huge fucking airport halfway between them and put in high speed rail from each city to the airport. :laugh:

Yeah. New Zealand's the kind of country that if it were a little more compact, you could just about serve ir with just one major airport on each island.

If Auckland and Wellington were 400km rather than 700km apart, you could just whack some huge fucking airport halfway between them and put in high speed rail from each city to the airport. :laugh:
high speed rail :drool:

that would be a good idea, though.

I bloody well hope none of my friends ask me to be their best man or any of that shit. I've no idea what to do. And I hope if I ever get married, it's to somebody who has similar ideas to me about how a wedding should be small, done on the cheap, and nice and easy. Fuck relatives who expect to be invited to some huge event.

As it stands, all my good friends are single. I'm the only one who's been in a really long term relationship. Actually, I tell a lie. One close friend in Georgia is actually engaged, she's six months younger than me, and I'm skeptical the marriage is a good idea, but hey, at least I don't have to go.

Two of my friends have been in a long term relationship since 2005. For a number of reasons, i don't really think they have a real future together, so i'm not worried at all about being involved in a wedding. Especially because he's planning on joining the Army (i'm still WTF on that) and he doesn't really put up with her shit.

Otherwise the rest of them are just as great with the opposite sex as i am.

But because of that extra size, we're very dependant on air travel.

Fine with me. I'd hate travelling 200kms to do any plane spotting!

Two of my friends have been in a long term relationship since 2005. For a number of reasons, i don't really think they have a real future together, so i'm not worried at all about being involved in a wedding. Especially because he's planning on joining the Army (i'm still WTF on that) and he doesn't really put up with her shit.

oh geez. that reminds me of the couple that are getting married tomorrow. he was in the army (i guess? it could've been the air force for all i know) a couple years ago and has reenlisted for active duty or whatever because they need more money. he's going to get himself deployed to iraq (he already knows he's going back there) for MONEY. i'm sorry, but putting my life at risk like that isn't worth the extra bucks to me. i could elaborate on the stupid things i think they've done, but there's no point.

oh geez. that reminds me of the couple that are getting married tomorrow. he was in the army (i guess? it could've been the air force for all i know) a couple years ago and has reenlisted for active duty or whatever because they need more money. he's going to get himself deployed to iraq (he already knows he's going back there) for MONEY. i'm sorry, but putting my life at risk like that isn't worth the extra bucks to me. i could elaborate on the stupid things i think they've done, but there's no point.

That's madness.

It's a safe move in New Zealand - you might get deployed to build roads in Afghanistan at the most dangerous.

One of my friends blew a great opportunity he had with a "girl". She was hairier than any man I knew, hence "girl", but the two suited each other well. He just never made a move despite her being obviously interested, and now she has another boyfriend.

And oh god, one of my friends decided to join the air force, which would've kind of suited him, so our dear hanger-on friend decided he had to as well. Let's just say he failed abysmally, while my actual friend was only rejected on obscure medical grounds.

it's weird. i wonder why it does that. like, if that one post hadn't been made that kicked everything over to the next page, would those seven posts just stayed on the other page? or would they have eventually been pushed over?

I've found when this place has gone dead-thread on me, I may have a 12 post page, then I'll refresh a few minutes later and suddenly the last 2 have bumped over to a new page.

One of my friends blew a great opportunity he had with a "girl". She was hairier than any man I knew, hence "girl", but the two suited each other well. He just never made a move despite her being obviously interested, and now she has another boyfriend.

And oh god, one of my friends decided to join the air force, which would've kind of suited him, so our dear hanger-on friend decided he had to as well. Let's just say he failed abysmally, while my actual friend was only rejected on obscure medical grounds.
when i first saw the "girl" in quotes, i figured she was a blow-up doll and thought to myself "oh, he must be talking about liam" :lmao: and hairy? ewww, that's why god invented wax.

haha, that's hilarious. thank god the kid was rejected, the last thing this world needs is more unqualified people joining the armed forces of the world. unless it's in iraq, am i rite! :der:

But because of that extra size, we're very dependant on air travel.

Fine with me. I'd hate travelling 200kms to do any plane spotting!

How long does it take you to get to the airport?

Because high speed rail running at an average speed of 300km/h including stops will get you to the airport in 40 minutes.

Good/Bad.

The last thing we need is people flying planes or operating guns just because someone else is.

I don't suppose they need this money due to a stupidly expensive wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom