Howlong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can honestly say he's a really lovely guy.

I can honestly say he's one of my least favourite people in music and I wish he'd become a hermit in the woods. I would be happy if he quit U2.

:shocked: Those damn Aussies!!! Bastards :tsk:

23-7 to us. 53mins

A few years ago, they at least showed the All Blacks vs Springboks fixtures in the Tri-Nations on free-to-air, but now the only free-to-air rugby are games involving the Wallabies. Bah. :down:

I can honestly say he's one of my least favourite people in music and I wish he'd become a hermit in the woods. I would be happy if he quit U2.

I'll take note of that opinion the day you learn to play drums and stick it out with a hugely successful band for 30+ years. :giggle:

I'll take note of that opinion the day you learn to play drums and stick it out with a hugely successful band for 30+ years. :giggle:

Actually, I can play drums. So can my father. Long line of drummers here, actually. Larry's complete shit. U2's just lucky they have Edge, or they'd be nobodies.

With McGuine$$, in a shack, made of candy, where they lure unsuspecting musicians, waiting for the day they will form V3, and take out that prick Bono once and for all

As for Larry, he wasn't always all bad. His early eighties stuff is quite worthwhile. But for at least the last 15 years, he has been one of the most unimaginative drummers in rock music. There are pub bands out there with more talented and creative drummers. The only people who actually think present-day Larry Mullen is actually worth a damn are overly defensive U2 fans who think U2 have to be good at absolutely everything. They're not. Deal with it. It doesn't make you any less of a fan.

That's my piece.

/rant

As for Larry, he wasn't always all bad. His early eighties stuff is quite worthwhile. But for at least the last 15 years, he has been one of the most unimaginative drummers in rock music. There are pub bands out there with more talented and creative drummers. The only people who actually think present-day Larry Mullen is actually worth a damn are overly defensive U2 fans who think U2 have to be good at absolutely everything. They're not. Deal with it. It doesn't make you any less of a fan.

That's my piece.

/rant

Actually it's called me not giving a fucking shit about the pendantic rants of this sort. I don't give a flying fuck about each members individual skill or ability, whether it's musical or the tone of their farts. I like the band as a whole. Those four guys make up the entity called U2. It's not about being defensive or hero-worshipping, and I have grown to expect nothing more from you. It's become as repetitive as your bashing of the band.

I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK WHAT YOU THINK. I have my own individual reasons for liking the music that U2 as a whole make. I have more important things to do with my time than worry about they guys abilities.

You can say your piece but that doesn't make it right. You have your opinion and others have theirs. Deal with it and get over it.

Goodbye for now...can't be fucked with crap like this tonight.

Er, on more tranquil notes I've just been looking at photos taken on the Isle of Man. And I can't wait to get out of this country I'm in and return home.

earycushlin07_450.jpg

:drool:

glenmaye02.jpg

:combust:

castlerushen.jpg

Hopefully they'll let me live here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom