Howlong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'd really love is for America to restructure our rail system (and the public transport system in general) and heavily encourage people to use them.

It's a pity that for all the trains that go through my city, none of them are passenger trains. If I want to take a train to Chicago, for example, I have to first drive nearly a third of the way there. Sucks.

It's always worth it for takeoff and landing.

Runway 23 approach at Auckland - where when you're coming from the west it requires overflying the city, turning over my suburb and then a long final with great views of either the city or towards the Waikato.

Well, yeah, that's a bloody good point, especially when I'm lucky enough to come into Wellington from the north. But 3 hours of ocean? Snooze.

And Ian, I swear to god, you absolutely must do Wellington - Nelson one day soon. Totally worth it for passing over the Marlborough Sounds.

Once Delta and Northwest have merged i wouldn't bet on Memphis still being a hub.....perhaps you could package yourself up and go FedEx.
yeah, when they first started talking about the delta/northwest hub, one of the things they mentioned on the news was whether or not it stays a hub. delta said their hub in atlanta (i think they said atlanta) was far enough away to where memphis could stay a hub too, but it wouldn't be the first time companies merging have lied.

like the company i work for...why yes nothing will change during the merger! or the merger we have the year after this! yeah right :rolleyes:

yeah, when they first started talking about the delta/northwest hub, one of the things they mentioned on the news was whether or not it stays a hub. delta said their hub in atlanta (i think they said atlanta) was far enough away to where memphis could stay a hub too, but it wouldn't be the first time companies merging have lied.

like the company i work for...why yes nothing will change during the merger! or the merger we have the year after this! yeah right :rolleyes:

I'll bet the CVG hub is screwed too.

And yeah, it's a hub in Atlanta. I think Memphis is destined to have a shitload of flights to Atlanta and connect on from there.

Well, yeah, that's a bloody good point, especially when I'm lucky enough to come into Wellington from the north. But 3 hours of ocean? Snooze.

And Ian, I swear to god, you absolutely must do Wellington - Nelson one day soon. Totally worth it for passing over the Marlborough Sounds.

God, i remember my last trip to Wellington. Perfect visibility, no cloud in the sky and we came into Wellington from the north.......and i had the aisle.

Wellington - Nelson is on the list.

What I'd really love is for America to restructure our rail system (and the public transport system in general) and heavily encourage people to use them.

It's a pity that for all the trains that go through my city, none of them are passenger trains. If I want to take a train to Chicago, for example, I have to first drive nearly a third of the way there. Sucks.

You guys got seriously fucked over by the road lobby in the fifties to seventies and it's going to take a long time to recover from it - especially if free market fundamentalists remain powerful in politics. Australia and New Zealand unfortunately followed the US lead, since at the time we were fairly disenchanted with Europe and were looking for a new example. Because, of course, it'd be just too much to ask to go our own way. :|

oh god.

i'm gonna throw this out there: worst airport i've ever been in: miami international.

Coolangatta Airport on the Gold Coast for me. Now there's an airport that didn't upgrade fast enough. I can't believe you still have to walk out onto the tarmac to board any flight departing from there.

Can't say I much liked Washington Dulles either. My flight from Boston landed in a terminal that wasn't bad, but then I had to transfer to another terminal for my flight to Nashville and it seemed like some hangar that had just been converted into a terminal out of desperation. It was nasty, over-crowded, uncomfortable, shitty PA, and barely any facilities.

O'Hare is a nightmare.
i've been in a chicago airport, but i can't remember if it was o'hare or midway. it's been years, though, and it was just during a layover. but i'll definitely remember if i ever want to fly to chicago, to pick midway :hmm:

and wow axver, that sucks. it's been a long time since i've been in dulles (early 00) but it wasn't bad. then again, i didn't have a makeshift gate either :hmm:

I need some help for U2 Heaven. I'm doing the Aussie Posse now. The thing is I don't know anything about Ali, all I know about Cin is that she loves Red Dwarf and that Jen belly dances. I need to know more about them.

If you know nothing of these people, how can you know that you'd meet them in U2 Heaven?

Dear food prices,

Please stop rising. $3 of hot Hungarian salami from the deli used to get enough to last me about two weeks. Now I've run out in under a week, and haven't even been using excessive amounts of it. :down:

No love,
Ax

The delays out of that monstrosity alone draw my ire. Worst part of living here, the weather/O'Hare.

Hah, yeah, my first time through O'Hare was marred by delays. And this guy who was guiding me through the place who barely seemed to have a clue where he was going ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom