Howlong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AND .... he has a lucky midget. The rest of you behemoth bastards can have your midget testicles. He has a fuckin' midget WITH testicles. Genius.

That's a great photo, him with his little buddy celebrating in the locker room.

Dalton, seriously...in this juiced ball and juiced player era....the man has a sub 2.90 ERA for his career....with a .694 winning %. What the fuck?

I only ask because while not nearly on your level, I adore train travel. I got to ride a Bullet Train in Japan and was smiling the whole time. Also, rode the Train from Salzburg to Vienna and was like a little kid.....not to mention train trips here in the States.....

Ah, awesome. The bullet train sounds like it must be an absolute dream to travel on. The Japanese sure as hell know how to run a quality railway. All I really know are the somewhat rundown Australian and Kiwi networks that urgently need to be brought into the 21st century.

Ah, awesome. The bullet train sounds like it must be an absolute dream to travel on. The Japanese sure as hell know how to run a quality railway. All I really know are the somewhat rundown Australian and Kiwi networks that urgently need to be brought into the 21st century.

I also have ridden the Tokyo Subways, which were on time, but pure chaos and awfully crowded. Still, loved it.

Yes, the bullet train is fantastic. Quiet as a mouse, clean, fast, etc. I was on it for about 90 minutes. :drool:

My temperature dealy shows 25.3 degrees. Despite passing clouds.

Dear god! Has New Zealand moved to the Northern Hemisphere or something?

But this is illustrative of why it's totally useless to try to plan anything in New Zealand around when it's meant to have good weather for what you want to do. Plan a trip for December in the hope it'll be sunny and warm and you'll probably spend the entire time sheltering from deluge after deluge. Or do what I did when I was younger and spend 2.5 weeks driving around the South Island in early spring - we expected regular rain, yet had only two or three wet days the entire time, and when we were on the West Coast, the Wet bloody Coast itself, it was blue skies as far as the eye could see the entire time!

I also have ridden the Tokyo Subways, which were on time, but pure chaos and awfully crowded. Still, loved it.

Yes, the bullet train is fantastic. Quiet as a mouse, clean, fast, etc. I was on it for about 90 minutes. :drool:

It's interesting comparing Japanese attitudes to running a commuter railway/subway to those here in Australia, and presumably those in the US too. I've seen numerous arguments between people who can't appreciate the other's perspective. Australians seem to fear crowded trains and want to be sure of a seat for the ride to work, while Japanese seem to think you're wasting space and resources if the train is running with any less than a full crowd. Personally, I don't have a problem with not getting a seat, but I do like some measure of personal space when I'm standing.

During rush hour, some Japanese sleep while standing. They lean against each other and fucking fall asleep. It's unreal. Like you, I do not need a seat, but I do not need to feel like a Sardine either. I'll likely not ride a train in India anytime soon.

oh, and re: trains. riding the public transportation (lmao, i'm saying that like we have some) here is awesome if you need space. why, riding the trolleys downtown, there are times when you have the whole damn thing to yourself! :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom