Howlong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd make a list of films I need to see, but it would be easier just to list the ones I have seen, to be honest.

Thank you.

I can't recommend Dog Day enough, it's arguably Pacino's greatest performance apart from his work in The Godfather Part II, to me at least.

Gonna try and watch Blue Velvet in the next couple of days, that high on your Lynch list?

My dad is always recommending Dog Day too.

Blue Velvet is a great film. Not for everyone though. There are some beautifully human moments in there.

Wow, I didn't know you liked Brazil LMP. I love that film. :drool:

Pretty bizarre, but one of the better sci-fi flicks I've seen. The ending was a total mindfuck, to say the least. Terry Gilliam's one of those guys whose movies I enjoy, but he's not one of my faves.

My dad is always recommending Dog Day too.

Blue Velvet is a great film. Not for everyone though. There are some beautifully human moments in there.

That's cool.

Everything I've seen and heard about Lynch and his films makes me think he's a total wankjob. I'd like to see some more first before I solidify that assessment.

I think I'm gonna start working on my DIV list tonight. Haven't touched it in months.

That's cool.

Everything I've seen and heard about Lynch and his films makes me think he's a total wankjob. I'd like to see some more first before I solidify that assessment.

I think with Lynch and his films you have to understand that he isn't trying to be out there. I just think that some people's imaginations and point of view are so unique that it comes off like they are an arrogant son of a bitch. I think he honestly can't help make and be the way he is.

MUST SEE MOVIES by Dalton

1. Gleaming the Cub
2. Rad
3. Pump Up the Volume
4. Flight of the Navigator
5. Strange Brew

Flight of the Navigator is the shit, one of my favorite movies growing up. Love that Pee-Wee's the voice of the robot, too.

Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo didn't make the cut?

I was going to get some constructive work done tonight but, fuck, I pulled something in my shoulder a couple hours ago and can't really move much at all. I think this is a good night for movies.

Goodfellas up first.

Hi June,

A little less heat please. Thank you.

What's the temperature like over there? We've been in the mid-teens here and it's pissing me off. I want some colder weather! The observations for the last few days show we haven't even dropped into single digits at night. WTF. May was colder than this; we got below zero at a couple of points.

Some winter this is. I had to laugh when some guy on Railpage Australia was bitching about how cold it was on his visit to Melbourne last week and how happy he is to have gone home to a warmer climate.

Axver:

When did your passion for trains/trams first really take hold of you?

It's been constant my entire life. Some of my earliest memories are of playing with my toy trains and watching Thomas The Tank. I had toys of trucks and planes and such too, but I always loved the trains the most.

I suppose it was kind of inevitable too. I grew up in a part of New Zealand with a lot of trains and trams; you could barely go 10 minutes from my house in any direction without running into a rail line or a tram heritage museum or a model railway. My family's history is mixed up in railway disasters, and I was born with enough distance between myself and the disasters that they are a source of curiosity and interest rather than repulsion.

whatdy0.jpg

What.

It's been constant my entire life. Some of my earliest memories are of playing with my toy trains and watching Thomas The Tank. I had toys of trucks and planes and such too, but I always loved the trains the most.

I suppose it was kind of inevitable too. I grew up in a part of New Zealand with a lot of trains and trams; you could barely go 10 minutes from my house in any direction without running into a rail line or a tram heritage museum or a model railway. My family's history is mixed up in railway disasters, and I was born with enough distance between myself and the disasters that they are a source of curiosity and interest rather than repulsion.

I only ask because while not nearly on your level, I adore train travel. I got to ride a Bullet Train in Japan and was smiling the whole time. Also, rode the Train from Salzburg to Vienna and was like a little kid.....not to mention train trips here in the States.....

What's the temperature like over there? We've been in the mid-teens here and it's pissing me off. I want some colder weather! The observations for the last few days show we haven't even dropped into single digits at night. WTF. May was colder than this; we got below zero at a couple of points.

Some winter this is. I had to laugh when some guy on Railpage Australia was bitching about how cold it was on his visit to Melbourne last week and how happy he is to have gone home to a warmer climate.

My temperature dealy shows 25.3 degrees. Despite passing clouds.

Mo is the best reliever, but, yeah, Pedro is the best. His winning % is the highest all-time for a pitcher with over 200 decisions. His lifetime ERA is under 2.90. That's fucking insanity.

AND .... he has a lucky midget. The rest of you behemoth bastards can have your midget testicles. He has a fuckin' midget WITH testicles. Genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom