Howlong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just isn't my cup of tea. It doesn't interest or make me laugh.

His writing then? That's cool.

You'd really dig Interiors though, it's his ode to Bergman. I'm close to finishing my Top lists, just to see. Could only dig up 5 noteworthy ones for the '60s though.

I listened to three new albums in the past two days. This summer is starting off successfully. I'm feeling like possibly another one this evening since I can sleep in tomorrow because I'm not working anymore.

I love it.

I think Dylan's got a lot of stuff that blends together, but he's got some FANTASTIC tracks in his back catalogue. I'm really digging Tangled Up in Blue as of late.

To me, Dylan's generally an artist whose songs are better covered by other people.

Oh shit. Now I'm taking a movie compatibility test and I haven't seen 1/3 of these films. :lol:

The MCT is shit. Just go to your profile and start finding/rating stuff.

You found me pretty quick, so that's good. You can spit feedback on the decades' list over here if you want.

To me, Dylan's generally an artist whose songs are better covered by other people.

I think this holds true quite a bit. It's part of what happens when you make primarily acoustic music. He's a great writer, all can agree to that.

Still, to say he's no more than a great poet I think isn't giving him enough credit. He's done some pretty great things musically.

I listened to three new albums in the past two days. This summer is starting off successfully. I'm feeling like possibly another one this evening since I can sleep in tomorrow because I'm not working anymore.

I love it.

I'm trying to do the same with movies. Got a bunch torrenting right now to watch later and a Scorsese Netflix mini-marathon that temporarily superceded Hot Rod and The Monster Squad - two movies I've promised people I'd watch.

I haven't seen nearly enough films to do anything like that. I'm still working on catching up musically.

I'm trying to do the same with movies. Got a bunch torrenting right now to watch later and a Scorsese Netflix mini-marathon that temporarily superceded Hot Rod and The Monster Squad - two movies I've promised people I'd watch.

I will enjoy swapping Hot Rod quotes with you when the time comes.

I love it.

Right now, I could really go for some new music but I have a hard time deciding where to start.

This current discussion has made me think I need to dig more into 1950s-70s music.

I will enjoy swapping Hot Rod quotes with you when the time comes.

Me too, good sir.

I'm pretty happy with my lists, but I've still got loads of "landmark" films to see. I've pretty much covered most of the '90s ground, but there's a great dea before I need to get to, not to mention this decade.

Axver: Is Steven Wilson playing a banjo in the middle of the song "Trains?"

Well, the album credits don't list him - or anybody else - as playing a banjo, and I haven't heard of him using one, so I'd say it's just guitar.

I think I might try REM's second album now. I really enjoyed Murmur.

Reckoning? Awesome. The first half is quality, especially So. Central Rain. I haven't got into the second half quite so much, though.

Michael Clayton, Be Kind Rewind, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, and Cloverfield (which I've already seen and will watch/compare to The Host) are all on the torrent queue, waiting to join Eyes Wide Shut, Taxi Driver, and both Kill Bill flicks.

Michael Clayton, Be Kind Rewind, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, and Cloverfield (which I've already seen and will watch/compare to The Host) are all on the torrent queue, waiting to join Eyes Wide Shut, Taxi Driver, and both Kill Bill flicks.

The only one of those I've seen is Taxi Driver. It wasn't without its moments, but didn't care for it all that much. I recall giving it a 7/10.

The only one of those I've seen is Taxi Driver. It wasn't without its moments, but didn't care for it all that much. I recall giving it a 7/10.

It's part of the ongoing Scorses-athon. Goodfellas, Gangs of New York, and The Departed are all fucking awesome, hope this is the same.

I remember reading your review of it a few months back.

Diving Bell was fantastic. Eyes Wide Shut very unfairly maligned. Taxi Driver is fucking phenomenal.

Taxi Driver is a great film. :up:

You had a lot of great movies on your 70's list. I really need to see Dog Day Afternoon. You totally covered the great comedy movies of the 70's. :up:

It's part of the ongoing Scorses-athon. Goodfellas, Gangs of New York, and The Departed are all fucking awesome, hope this is the same.

I remember reading your review of it a few months back.

I want to watch Goodfellas next. Love that kind of film, and Scorsese is a brilliant director (though Taxi Driver wasn't quite to my taste, it looked amazing).

Taxi Driver is a great film. :up:

You had a lot of great movies on your 70's list. I really need to see Dog Day Afternoon. You totally covered the great comedy movies of the 70's. :up:

Thank you.

I can't recommend Dog Day enough, it's arguably Pacino's greatest performance apart from his work in The Godfather Part II, to me at least.

Gonna try and watch Blue Velvet in the next couple of days, that high on your Lynch list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom