Howlong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Vagina Superthread (I think that's the one anyway) has to go down as a forum classic simply because we finished it in under 10 hours. I imagine no other thread has ever gotten to 1,000 so fast, and only the setlist parties for the new tour will challenge (and likely pass) its record.

at least the first 14 pages (30 page view) of Uranium City has been my favorite Superthread moment so far

U2 Feedback - View Single Post - Uranium City, Saskatchewan Superthread

I'm trying to think of favourite Superthread moments, but it's just been four months of absolute insanity (four month anniversary in a couple of days!) that it's really hard to single things out.

It's a shame there isn't some kind of tally breaking down my posts in the last four months between superthreads and all other threads. It'd probably be about 20,000 to 200. :laugh:

I'm trying to think of favourite Superthread moments, but it's just been four months of absolute insanity (four month anniversary in a couple of days!) that it's really hard to single things out.

It's a shame there isn't some kind of tally breaking down my posts in the last four months between superthreads and all other threads. It'd probably be about 20,000 to 200. :laugh:

If only I felt like counting :p

I'm wondering if that stat is blown out by search engine robots and shit?

Will be interesting to see how the forum explodes when the album leaks.

As long as I've been a member of this website, the most visited occured at some time in 2004 or 2005, but I feel like it wasn't around the album release

50 posts per page when you search by user, I went back ten pages, and just skimmed for anything that wasn't superthread :wink:

It gives you 50 posts per page? That makes it a bit easier then! And wow, I really thought there might be more than FOUR, heh.

Yay, Even Better Than The Real Thing just came up on the radio

Goddamnit, why is it that on the rare occasions I listen to the radio and they play some U2, it's just boring choices like BD and Vertigo? Caught WOWY on the bus to Moonee Ponds once, which was cool but still very predictable. And yet you got UF last night or something!

UF!

I've never heard that on the radio and didn't think any station would still be playing it. EBTTRT, I used to hear regularly, but it seems to have faded since ATYCLB.

I have a sneaking suspicion i may have passed Vazzas post count this evening.

Most likely.

I hope she's having a rockin' time in Bosnia. Did she show up during my hiatus at all? I got an AIM message from her during the first day of my hiatus.

Goddamnit, why is it that on the rare occasions I listen to the radio and they play some U2, it's just boring choices like BD and Vertigo? Caught WOWY on the bus to Moonee Ponds once, which was cool but still very predictable. And yet you got UF last night or something!

UF!

I've never heard that on the radio and didn't think any station would still be playing it. EBTTRT, I used to hear regularly, but it seems to have faded since ATYCLB.

U2 i've heard on Hauraki

WOWY
EBTTRT
I Will Follow from UABRS
TUF

I've probably caught a bit more, but it is 3:30am so i could be forgiven for forgetting a bit.

Edited to say i haven't heard anything overly U2 cliched, although the rest of their playlist seems to be a walking cliche.

Last edited:
Most likely.

I hope she's having a rockin' time in Bosnia. Did she show up during my hiatus at all? I got an AIM message from her during the first day of my hiatus.

I suspect she is. She made one post about a day after she arrived - i think you were still posting at that time. I saw she'd made some changes on Facebook and was on AIM last night so she's kicking around but probably has more important things to do.

I really want to do me some travelling.

I suspect she is. She made one post about a day after she arrived - i think you were still posting at that time. I saw she'd made some changes on Facebook and was on AIM last night so she's kicking around but probably has more important things to do.

I really want to do me some travelling.

No, I don't think she appeared online until I went on my hiatus. Bit of a pisser really, as I miss her being around.

I know you probably mean international travelling (and I share the feeling), but I am very seriously thinking of actually getting my shit together and organising a jaunt around New Zealand for the next summer holidays. In 10 days, I will have spent the majority of my life outside New Zealand. That's getting to me a bit. I need to come back and really see some of the country properly. I'm sick of just going to my father's place and looking at Porirua Harbour, as nice as the view may be.

I know you probably mean international travelling (and I share the feeling), but I am very seriously thinking of actually getting my shit together and organising a jaunt around New Zealand for the next summer holidays.

I mean a bit of both. I'm a bit bugged by the fact that i've seen Auckland, Wellington and some of Christchurch, as well as a quick walk around Greymouth and a few stops when driving Auckland-Wellington.

I'd love to see more of New Zealand to actually do the place justice.

U2 i've heard on Hauraki

WOWY
EBTTRT
I Will Follow from UABRS
TUF

I've probably caught a bit more, but it is 3:30am so i could be forgiven for forgetting a bit.

Edited to say i haven't heard anything overly U2 cliched, although the rest of their playlist seems to be a walking cliche.

Huh, IWF from UABRS? That's cool. I've heard SBS from UABRS myself, but we're talking back in the early to mid-nineties on Wellington or Kapiti Coast radio. I know it had to be UABRS because I remember knowing the refrain long before I ever had copies of UABRS myself.

Funnily enough, I remember songs like WLCTT and AOH being on Gold Coast radio in 1997-99, but I honestly cannot say I remember hearing a single song from Pop on the radio ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom