Howlong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On an actual shirt, how readable would the setlist on the back be?

We totally need to get a bunch of these made, though. Like Ian, I'd get more than one and wear them all the time.

When I full screened it it seemed readable

I was thinking. We could make it a series of three and split of the set list

collect 'em all :wink:

I was thinking. We could make it a series of three and split of the set list

collect 'em all :wink:

:laugh:

We could also do two versions of each of the three: one with LM's Flower Child sig image, and one with his "U2 was here" image.

COLLECTION MANIA!

I'd love one dressed up like a real U2 advertising poster.

Just the front, something like U2 Save The Whalers
The Kunstmuseum Leitchtenstein
Date 3AM
Special Invite Only

And an external shot of the Kunstmuseum...or better, an internal shot!

1) Flower Child
2) U2 was here
3) Special design by ElMel (done with Windows paint of course)

We should also take the design of an actual U2 shirt and modify it to be Kunstmuseum-appropriate.

If we want to be subtle, use a shirt from the fifth leg of Vertigo and just add the Kunstmuseum list to the list of shows on the back.

OK, so I just made a post on WTAHNN where I mentioned Paul McGuinne$$. Every time his name comes up, I'm reminded of a comment by somebody here (lazarus, maybe?) that it's very telling that we can actually name U2's manager. He's central to numerous discussions and even the more casual fans amongst Interference's membership can name him.

Think about any other band you like a lot. Can you name their manager? No, didn't think so. I've no fucking clue who manages Porcupine Tree or Pure Reason Revolution or Crowded House or Dream Theater or Pink Floyd or whoever, nor do I care. Whoever made the post I'm thinking of mentioned that they couldn't name Radiohead's manager either. The managers people tend to know are those who are ... less than ideal people. And have a look outside the U2 fandom. When non-fans bring up McGuinne$$, it's routinely just to slam the guy for being a complete fool. We've discussed it before: the guy does the band more harm than good nowadays. He should have quit while he was ahead and passed the reins to somebody whose brain has managed to move beyond the 1980s.

/random

OK, so I just made a post on WTAHNN where I mentioned Paul McGuinne$$. Every time his name comes up, I'm reminded of a comment by somebody here (lazarus, maybe?) that it's very telling that we can actually name U2's manager. He's central to numerous discussions and even the more casual fans amongst Interference's membership can name him.

Think about any other band you like a lot. Can you name their manager? No, didn't think so. I've no fucking clue who manages Porcupine Tree or Pure Reason Revolution or Crowded House or Dream Theater or Pink Floyd or whoever, nor do I care. Whoever made the post I'm thinking of mentioned that they couldn't name Radiohead's manager either. The managers people tend to know are those who are ... less than ideal people. And have a look outside the U2 fandom. When non-fans bring up McGuinne$$, it's routinely just to slam the guy for being a complete fool. We've discussed it before: the guy does the band more harm than good nowadays. He should have quit while he was ahead and passed the reins to somebody whose brain has managed to move beyond the 1980s.

/random

Sometimes I dream at night that Larry and McGuinne$$ run off together to live on a farm.

I wake with a smile on my face

Sometimes I dream at night that Larry and McGuinne$$ run off together to live on a farm.

I wake with a smile on my face

There are probably PLEBAns who have the same dream, but in different directions. :wink:

Personally, I think they should just go deep into the jungle, build a shack, and spend the rest of their lives as hunter-gatherer hermits.

PS Can you name Springsteen's manager?

My brother... on the front

Then bullet points of some of the thread ideas we came up with way back in Passengers survivor (i think) on the back.

Collect the set again!

I think the "my brother.." thing came up just after Andrew first suggested the whole Kunstmuseum thing.

My favourite was always "...'s name is Mittens."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom