Howlong, New South Wales Superthread - Page 63 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2008, 12:17 PM   #931
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
And indeed it is.

What's up?
Not a lot...after going to sleep at 3am, I just woke up about 30 minutes ago.

Debating about how to spend my afternoon, need to decide in the next 45 minutes.

Exciting stuff, if exciting means "not very exciting".

Old 06-21-2008, 12:17 PM   #932
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:48 PM
Quote:
I don't know.

Think I could have the numbers for the others? Also, I just sent you a message.
I'm impressed, somebody else who uses proper grammar in texts. (My own suffer from a lack of capitalisation because my phone sucks and I can't figure out how to make any letter but the very first of the message a capital!)

I'll e-mail you the numbers I have.

As for plans, since I've got nothing on past my exam, name any time and date and I can be there. Which has been part of the problem, since it seems none of us are able to say "only this day is good for me". We need things to plan around!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #933
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 08:48 PM
Quote:
Unless Africa by Toto was playing on another station (which it almost always is).
africa
Old 06-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #934
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

ugh, i feel like i shouldn't even bother trying to navigate this thread on such little sleep. maybe it's time for another pill
Old 06-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #935
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Orange Crush is the first favourite song I ever had, back when I was three, so it always seems special to me.

On Automatic, my favourite is quite strongly Drive. Ignoreland's definitely in my top five, maybe even top three.
I love Orange Crush.

But I really dislike Automatic For The People.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:20 PM   #936
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I'm impressed, somebody else who uses proper grammar in texts. (My own suffer from a lack of capitalisation because my phone sucks and I can't figure out how to make any letter but the very first of the message a capital!)
ugh, i hate when people turn illiterate when they text. i see shit get abbreviated so badly, sometimes even i can't figure out what they're saying.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:20 PM   #937
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Not a lot...after going to sleep at 3am, I just woke up about 30 minutes ago.

Debating about how to spend my afternoon, need to decide in the next 45 minutes.

Exciting stuff, if exciting means "not very exciting".
3am, ouch - I'm afraid I'll be having such a night, too. The day's gone by too quickly. What time is it there, now?
Old 06-21-2008, 12:20 PM   #938
Blue Crack Addict

Seriously, sleep is a bitch.

I accidentally stayed up later than I meant to. It was probably at least 4:30 before I got to sleep. And I woke up at like... 9 AM. WHAT THE HELL, BRAIN. It's Saturday! I wanted to sleep until noon!
Old 06-21-2008, 12:21 PM   #939
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

As for plans, since I've got nothing on past my exam, name any time and date and I can be there. Which has been part of the problem, since it seems none of us are able to say "only this day is good for me". We need things to plan around!
My texts are always done with proper spelling, grammar, etc. My IM's, too. I'm way too anal in that regard to operate in any other manner.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:22 PM   #940
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
3am, ouch - I'm afraid I'll be having such a night, too. The day's gone by too quickly. What time is it there, now?
Here in Chicago, it's 11:23am. It's not like I was out galavanting around town or anything (I'm too old for that now, sadly) ....I just am a night owl, and it's more pronounced when I've not got work the next day.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:22 PM   #941
Vocal parasite

Bonnie, just sent some numbers to you.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #942
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
ugh, i hate when people turn illiterate when they text. i see shit get abbreviated so badly, sometimes even i can't figure out what they're saying.
It irritates the daylights out of me. Even people who spell properly in IMs seem to go to shit in texts.

Though I must admit I sometimes omit apostrophes if I'm trying to avoid going over the character limit. I figure I'd rather omit an apostrophe than go one character over the limit and get charged for a second text!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 12:25 PM   #943
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:48 PM
Quote:
My texts are always done with proper spelling, grammar, etc. My IM's, too. I'm way too anal in that regard to operate in any other manner.
but its so easy just to let go of your grammar and shit nsw

am i right?
Old 06-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #944
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I don't know any other way to write. The way my brain is wired, I could not consciously choose to make a spelling or grammatical error. What I mentioned in my last post about cutting apostrophes to save on sending multiple texts pains me each time I do it, but I need to watch my credit since I'm on pre-paid rather than any kind of neat plan.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #945
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:18 PM
Quote:

Haha, thanks. It's okay, my phone doesn't believe there's such a thing as an apostrophe, which can be frustrating.

I agree, we need to figure something out. That's why I want the numbers badly. Also it'd be good if we could have one last chat here to figure things out. I think on Wednesday afternoon/night my brother will be seeing some of his friends, so it'd be good if we could plan something then. Could be either Wednesday or Thursday. I wanted to spend the first day or two getting used to everything, maybe meet up with another friend for lunch, nothing big.

Tags
superthread