Howlong, New South Wales Superthread - Page 62 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #916
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Please, do go on.
Okay, well. Achtung Baby already sort of tells a story on its own, of the man who goes out and chooses the nightlife over his spouse, and then has to suffer the consequences. I'm expanding on that, and by the way, this is not gonna be a cheesy Broadway type thing with exaggerated dance numbers, this is more like.. a movie which just happens to be told through music, ala Across the Universe or Moulin Rouge.
So it's Berlin 1990, and we open with a train, the U-Bahn line, headed to Zoo Station, and appropriately the song begins. This is our introduction to Johnny (I stole his name from Mysterious Ways), who's ready to go out for the night and experience every aspect of the rapidly changing world around him.
He meets his best friend at the station, and its revealed that Johnny is married, and that he had a fight with his wife (who may or may not be pregnant, I haven't decided), because he wanted to go out and she wanted him to stay home. He thinks she just doesn't understand, and we see him remove his wedding ring and hide it in his pocket.
So they go to the club, where Johnny's ex girlfriend just happens to be, and through EBTTRT, he dances with various women, leading up to her, and then they talk about their relationship and why they broke up (gonna stick UTEOTW in here actually, as a duet), and they manage to make up... and the seduction ensues.
She ends up leading him out to a parked car in the street where they begin making out. But meanwhile, his wife, still upset from their fight, gets fed up and goes out to look for him, she ends up at the club, where she sees him and his ex girlfriend in the car. She turns away, hurt, but doesn't confront him. Love is Blindness is her song as she slowly walks home. The big clencher in the song comes at the 'a little death; a dangerous idea' part, where she stops on a footbridge and climbs halfway up the railing, contemplating jumping over, but ultimately doesn't.

Of course, the rest of the movie goes on, and more stuff happens. Mysterious Ways will be his friend convincing him to go back to his wife. The Wanderer is his walk home, Ultra Violet-Acrobat are the arguments once he gets there, and One being the bittersweet ending, as they stay together and try to make it work. Also, I kind of want to throw Zooropa in there near the beginning. It's all a work in progress

Please to not be stealing my ideas, internets

Old 06-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #917
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
So, do you good folk rate Orange Crush by REM or not?
It's okay, not a favourite. Would keep it on if it came on the radio. Unless Africa by Toto was playing on another station (which it almost always is).

What's your favourite track from Automatic? I think mine's Ignoreland.

Old 06-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #918
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:07 AM
Quote:
It's okay, not a favourite. Would keep it on if it came on the radio. Unless Africa by Toto was playing on another station (which it almost always is).

Orange Crush is the first favourite song I ever had, back when I was three, so it always seems special to me.

On Automatic, my favourite is quite strongly Drive. Ignoreland's definitely in my top five, maybe even top three.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 12:02 PM   #919
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

i didn't know what wdiagw meant

i hate that song.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:02 PM   #920
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:07 PM
Quote:

My friends love techno, and play it all the time in the car. Africa is one of the big hits.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:04 PM   #921
Vocal parasite

Agh, Bonnie, why don't we have any definite plans for the coming week?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 12:07 PM   #922
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:07 PM
Quote:

Find the River is my favorite from Automatic, for the record.

I'd put Ignoreland towards the bottom, and that was re-confirmed having just heard it LIVE a few weeks ago. Ugh, please no.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #923
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Find The River took forever to click with me, but when it did, it clicked in a big way and is now my #2 on the album.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #924
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
Okay, well. Achtung Baby already sort of tells a story on its own, of the man who goes out and chooses the nightlife over his spouse, and then has to suffer the consequences. I'm expanding on that, and by the way, this is not gonna be a cheesy Broadway type thing with exaggerated dance numbers, this is more like.. a movie which just happens to be told through music, ala Across the Universe or Moulin Rouge.
So it's Berlin 1990, and we open with a train, the U-Bahn line, headed to Zoo Station, and appropriately the song begins. This is our introduction to Johnny (I stole his name from Mysterious Ways), who's ready to go out for the night and experience every aspect of the rapidly changing world around him.
He meets his best friend at the station, and its revealed that Johnny is married, and that he had a fight with his wife (who may or may not be pregnant, I haven't decided), because he wanted to go out and she wanted him to stay home. He thinks she just doesn't understand, and we see him remove his wedding ring and hide it in his pocket.
So they go to the club, where Johnny's ex girlfriend just happens to be, and through EBTTRT, he dances with various women, leading up to her, and then they talk about their relationship and why they broke up (gonna stick UTEOTW in here actually, as a duet), and they manage to make up... and the seduction ensues.
She ends up leading him out to a parked car in the street where they begin making out. But meanwhile, his wife, still upset from their fight, gets fed up and goes out to look for him, she ends up at the club, where she sees him and his ex girlfriend in the car. She turns away, hurt, but doesn't confront him. Love is Blindness is her song as she slowly walks home. The big clencher in the song comes at the 'a little death; a dangerous idea' part, where she stops on a footbridge and climbs halfway up the railing, contemplating jumping over, but ultimately doesn't.

Of course, the rest of the movie goes on, and more stuff happens. Mysterious Ways will be his friend convincing him to go back to his wife. The Wanderer is his walk home, Ultra Violet-Acrobat are the arguments once he gets there, and One being the bittersweet ending, as they stay together and try to make it work. Also, I kind of want to throw Zooropa in there near the beginning. It's all a work in progress

Please to not be stealing my ideas, internets
That sounds pretty cool. Not really my sort of thing, but I like what you've described of the development.

You know, it's funny, because I've been writing a movie script for a U2 biopic.

Actually I haven't really but wouldn't it be funny if I were!
Old 06-21-2008, 12:10 PM   #925
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I'd put Ignoreland towards the bottom, and that was re-confirmed having just heard it LIVE a few weeks ago. Ugh, please no.
I liked Find the River but now I find it pretty boring and AOR. Doesn't help that my mum loves it and used to play it all the time.

Hi, though!
Old 06-21-2008, 12:11 PM   #926
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Find The River took forever to click with me, but when it did, it clicked in a big way and is now my #2 on the album.
I will not bore you and everyone else in here, so I will try to keep this short:

U2 are my favorite band, by a lot, but REM are my 2nd, by a lot, and this goes back to 1983/1984, when I was a kid and they were only getting played on college radio.....so, they mean a lot to me......anyway, Find the River is my favorite song of theirs and I never had heard it LIVE....until the concert a few weeks ago....so it was a pretty amazing moment for me to finally hear it. Anyway, sorry, carry on.....
Old 06-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #927
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I liked Find the River but now I find it pretty boring and AOR. Doesn't help that my mum loves it and used to play it all the time.

Hi, though!
It's all good, just as long as love for REM is felt.

Hi there!
Old 06-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #928
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

hey mike, sup

Quote:
I will not bore you and everyone else in here, so I will try to keep this short:

U2 are my favorite band, by a lot, but REM are my 2nd, by a lot, and this goes back to 1983/1984, when I was a kid and they were only getting played on college radio.....so, they mean a lot to me......anyway, Find the River is my favorite song of theirs and I never had heard it LIVE....until the concert a few weeks ago....so it was a pretty amazing moment for me to finally hear it. Anyway, sorry, carry on.....
Old 06-21-2008, 12:14 PM   #929
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Agh, Bonnie, why don't we have any definite plans for the coming week?
I don't know.

Think I could have the numbers for the others? Also, I just sent you a message.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:15 PM   #930
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
It's all good, just as long as love for REM is felt.

Hi there!
And indeed it is.

What's up?

Tags
superthread