Howlong, New South Wales Superthread - Page 62 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #916
Blue Crack Addict
 
DreamOutLoud13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hell For Certain, Kentucky
Posts: 15,088
Local Time: 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
Please, do go on.
Okay, well. Achtung Baby already sort of tells a story on its own, of the man who goes out and chooses the nightlife over his spouse, and then has to suffer the consequences. I'm expanding on that, and by the way, this is not gonna be a cheesy Broadway type thing with exaggerated dance numbers, this is more like.. a movie which just happens to be told through music, ala Across the Universe or Moulin Rouge.
So it's Berlin 1990, and we open with a train, the U-Bahn line, headed to Zoo Station, and appropriately the song begins. This is our introduction to Johnny (I stole his name from Mysterious Ways), who's ready to go out for the night and experience every aspect of the rapidly changing world around him.
He meets his best friend at the station, and its revealed that Johnny is married, and that he had a fight with his wife (who may or may not be pregnant, I haven't decided), because he wanted to go out and she wanted him to stay home. He thinks she just doesn't understand, and we see him remove his wedding ring and hide it in his pocket.
So they go to the club, where Johnny's ex girlfriend just happens to be, and through EBTTRT, he dances with various women, leading up to her, and then they talk about their relationship and why they broke up (gonna stick UTEOTW in here actually, as a duet), and they manage to make up... and the seduction ensues.
She ends up leading him out to a parked car in the street where they begin making out. But meanwhile, his wife, still upset from their fight, gets fed up and goes out to look for him, she ends up at the club, where she sees him and his ex girlfriend in the car. She turns away, hurt, but doesn't confront him. Love is Blindness is her song as she slowly walks home. The big clencher in the song comes at the 'a little death; a dangerous idea' part, where she stops on a footbridge and climbs halfway up the railing, contemplating jumping over, but ultimately doesn't.

Of course, the rest of the movie goes on, and more stuff happens. Mysterious Ways will be his friend convincing him to go back to his wife. The Wanderer is his walk home, Ultra Violet-Acrobat are the arguments once he gets there, and One being the bittersweet ending, as they stay together and try to make it work. Also, I kind of want to throw Zooropa in there near the beginning. It's all a work in progress


Please to not be stealing my ideas, internets
__________________

__________________
DreamOutLoud13 is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 11:57 AM   #917
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
So, do you good folk rate Orange Crush by REM or not?
It's okay, not a favourite. Would keep it on if it came on the radio. Unless Africa by Toto was playing on another station (which it almost always is).

What's your favourite track from Automatic? I think mine's Ignoreland.
__________________

__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #918
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,027
Local Time: 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
It's okay, not a favourite. Would keep it on if it came on the radio. Unless Africa by Toto was playing on another station (which it almost always is).

What's your favourite track from Automatic? I think mine's Ignoreland.
Orange Crush is the first favourite song I ever had, back when I was three, so it always seems special to me.

On Automatic, my favourite is quite strongly Drive. Ignoreland's definitely in my top five, maybe even top three.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 12:02 PM   #919
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,607
Local Time: 03:07 PM
i didn't know what wdiagw meant

i hate that song.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 12:02 PM   #920
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
It's okay, not a favourite. Would keep it on if it came on the radio. Unless Africa by Toto was playing on another station (which it almost always is).


My friends love techno, and play it all the time in the car. Africa is one of the big hits.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 12:04 PM   #921
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,027
Local Time: 08:07 AM
Agh, Bonnie, why don't we have any definite plans for the coming week?
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 12:07 PM   #922
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
It's okay, not a favourite. Would keep it on if it came on the radio. Unless Africa by Toto was playing on another station (which it almost always is).

What's your favourite track from Automatic? I think mine's Ignoreland.
Find the River is my favorite from Automatic, for the record.

I'd put Ignoreland towards the bottom, and that was re-confirmed having just heard it LIVE a few weeks ago. Ugh, please no.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #923
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,027
Local Time: 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Find the River is my favorite from Automatic, for the record.
Find The River took forever to click with me, but when it did, it clicked in a big way and is now my #2 on the album.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #924
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
Okay, well. Achtung Baby already sort of tells a story on its own, of the man who goes out and chooses the nightlife over his spouse, and then has to suffer the consequences. I'm expanding on that, and by the way, this is not gonna be a cheesy Broadway type thing with exaggerated dance numbers, this is more like.. a movie which just happens to be told through music, ala Across the Universe or Moulin Rouge.
So it's Berlin 1990, and we open with a train, the U-Bahn line, headed to Zoo Station, and appropriately the song begins. This is our introduction to Johnny (I stole his name from Mysterious Ways), who's ready to go out for the night and experience every aspect of the rapidly changing world around him.
He meets his best friend at the station, and its revealed that Johnny is married, and that he had a fight with his wife (who may or may not be pregnant, I haven't decided), because he wanted to go out and she wanted him to stay home. He thinks she just doesn't understand, and we see him remove his wedding ring and hide it in his pocket.
So they go to the club, where Johnny's ex girlfriend just happens to be, and through EBTTRT, he dances with various women, leading up to her, and then they talk about their relationship and why they broke up (gonna stick UTEOTW in here actually, as a duet), and they manage to make up... and the seduction ensues.
She ends up leading him out to a parked car in the street where they begin making out. But meanwhile, his wife, still upset from their fight, gets fed up and goes out to look for him, she ends up at the club, where she sees him and his ex girlfriend in the car. She turns away, hurt, but doesn't confront him. Love is Blindness is her song as she slowly walks home. The big clencher in the song comes at the 'a little death; a dangerous idea' part, where she stops on a footbridge and climbs halfway up the railing, contemplating jumping over, but ultimately doesn't.

Of course, the rest of the movie goes on, and more stuff happens. Mysterious Ways will be his friend convincing him to go back to his wife. The Wanderer is his walk home, Ultra Violet-Acrobat are the arguments once he gets there, and One being the bittersweet ending, as they stay together and try to make it work. Also, I kind of want to throw Zooropa in there near the beginning. It's all a work in progress


Please to not be stealing my ideas, internets
That sounds pretty cool. Not really my sort of thing, but I like what you've described of the development.

You know, it's funny, because I've been writing a movie script for a U2 biopic.

Actually I haven't really but wouldn't it be funny if I were!
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 12:10 PM   #925
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Find the River is my favorite from Automatic, for the record.

I'd put Ignoreland towards the bottom, and that was re-confirmed having just heard it LIVE a few weeks ago. Ugh, please no.
I liked Find the River but now I find it pretty boring and AOR. Doesn't help that my mum loves it and used to play it all the time.

Hi, though!
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 12:11 PM   #926
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Find The River took forever to click with me, but when it did, it clicked in a big way and is now my #2 on the album.
I will not bore you and everyone else in here, so I will try to keep this short:

U2 are my favorite band, by a lot, but REM are my 2nd, by a lot, and this goes back to 1983/1984, when I was a kid and they were only getting played on college radio.....so, they mean a lot to me......anyway, Find the River is my favorite song of theirs and I never had heard it LIVE....until the concert a few weeks ago....so it was a pretty amazing moment for me to finally hear it. Anyway, sorry, carry on.....
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #927
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
I liked Find the River but now I find it pretty boring and AOR. Doesn't help that my mum loves it and used to play it all the time.

Hi, though!
It's all good, just as long as love for REM is felt.

Hi there!
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #928
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,607
Local Time: 03:07 PM
hey mike, sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I will not bore you and everyone else in here, so I will try to keep this short:

U2 are my favorite band, by a lot, but REM are my 2nd, by a lot, and this goes back to 1983/1984, when I was a kid and they were only getting played on college radio.....so, they mean a lot to me......anyway, Find the River is my favorite song of theirs and I never had heard it LIVE....until the concert a few weeks ago....so it was a pretty amazing moment for me to finally hear it. Anyway, sorry, carry on.....
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 12:14 PM   #929
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Agh, Bonnie, why don't we have any definite plans for the coming week?
I don't know.

Think I could have the numbers for the others? Also, I just sent you a message.
__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 12:15 PM   #930
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,691
Local Time: 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
It's all good, just as long as love for REM is felt.

Hi there!
And indeed it is.

What's up?
__________________

__________________
The Sad Punk is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com