Howlong, New South Wales Superthread - Page 57 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-21-2008, 09:35 AM   #841
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I FOUND THE NIMBY POST I MENTIONED EARLIER!

God, I love this.



#9 in particular =


BRILLIANT!
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 09:37 AM   #842
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I FOUND THE NIMBY POST I MENTIONED EARLIER!

God, I love this.

#9 in particular =
fuck, that is all kinds of awesome
__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 09:38 AM   #843
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i doubt any of my friends want me to really blunt with them. because there'd be a lot of things i could say that they wouldn't want to hear. plus, i'm sure they'd say stuff i wouldn't want to hear
Oh, one of my friends in particular loves calling me to talk things over because he knows that I don't exactly moderate my opinions and just say exactly what I think. I won't say anything that'll make somebody feel really bad just for being themselves, but if they're thinking of doing something daft, I figure they need to be called out ahead of time.

Usually these phone calls just descend into us piling shit onto things we didn't like back in high school.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 09:39 AM   #844
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Oh, one of my friends in particular loves calling me to talk things over because he knows that I don't exactly moderate my opinions and just say exactly what I think. I won't say anything that'll make somebody feel really bad just for being themselves, but if they're thinking of doing something daft, I figure they need to be called out ahead of time.

Usually these phone calls just descend into us piling shit onto things we didn't like back in high school.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #845
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
What shitted me off was when Kate would chide me after these calls for apparently being "bitter" and not getting over things I didn't like at high school. No, the topic just came up, so we spoke about it, and we don't believe in just discussing positive things. The fact it comes up regularly is not a sign of bitterness, just sign of a topic we have in common!
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 09:46 AM   #846
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
What shitted me off was when Kate would chide me after these calls for apparently being "bitter" and not getting over things I didn't like at high school. No, the topic just came up, so we spoke about it, and we don't believe in just discussing positive things. The fact it comes up regularly is not a sign of bitterness, just sign of a topic we have in common!
bitter? lol, that's hilarious! sometimes people want to bitch about something. it doesn't necessarily have to be a recent event. the only way i would think someone is bitter about something is if THEY constantly brought it up. otherwise, who cares? a lot of people think high school sucked, it's not like the day you graduate you can't talk about it unless it's a positive memory.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 09:49 AM   #847
Blue Crack Distributor
 
LarryMullen's POPAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Posts: 53,698
Local Time: 11:56 AM
Morning
__________________
LarryMullen's POPAngel is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #848
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 10:56 AM
hey april
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #849
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 10:56 AM
fuck, i'm fading fast...time for some caffeine
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #850
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
bitter? lol, that's hilarious! sometimes people want to bitch about something. it doesn't necessarily have to be a recent event. the only way i would think someone is bitter about something is if THEY constantly brought it up. otherwise, who cares? a lot of people think high school sucked, it's not like the day you graduate you can't talk about it unless it's a positive memory.
Yeah, exactly. It was as if since she had positive memories, everybody else had to as well. I loathed high school. It was terrible on most levels. And when I talk to some of my friends who had similar experiences - well, it's something we've got in common, and it's a topic that easily comes up if we start reminiscing about anything. "Remember when Johnno did this ...?" "Oh yeah, that was funny, I can't believe the school let him get away with that!" "Yeah, they were usually such arseholes about that sort of thing." And the shit-slinging begins.

Plus, I've got to admit, we kind of enjoy it.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #851
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post
Morning
Evening.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 09:55 AM   #852
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 05:56 AM
I'm falling asleep. Night
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 09:56 AM   #853
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yeah, exactly. It was as if since she had positive memories, everybody else had to as well. I loathed high school. It was terrible on most levels. And when I talk to some of my friends who had similar experiences - well, it's something we've got in common, and it's a topic that easily comes up if we start reminiscing about anything. "Remember when Johnno did this ...?" "Oh yeah, that was funny, I can't believe the school let him get away with that!" "Yeah, they were usually such arseholes about that sort of thing." And the shit-slinging begins.

Plus, I've got to admit, we kind of enjoy it.
i have some good memories of high school, but for the most part i didn't like it either. then again, nothing was as bad as middle school was when i moved here, but still.

and exactly. it's something you all share in common, so it's bound to come up. i don't know about her, but i find i talk about the things i share in common with my friends. i wouldn't ask you "so yeah, it sucks to get traffic tickets doesn't it?" because that would be a fucking retarded thing to say.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 09:57 AM   #854
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
I'm falling asleep. Night
night

wow, i just noticed you stayed up past 11!
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 09:59 AM   #855
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,039
Local Time: 03:56 AM
Have a good one, Ian!
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com