Howlong, New South Wales Superthread - Page 57 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2008, 09:35 AM   #841
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I FOUND THE NIMBY POST I MENTIONED EARLIER!

God, I love this.

#9 in particular =

BRILLIANT!

Old 06-21-2008, 09:37 AM   #842
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 10:56 AM
Quote:
I FOUND THE NIMBY POST I MENTIONED EARLIER!

God, I love this.

#9 in particular =
fuck, that is all kinds of awesome

Old 06-21-2008, 09:38 AM   #843
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i doubt any of my friends want me to really blunt with them. because there'd be a lot of things i could say that they wouldn't want to hear. plus, i'm sure they'd say stuff i wouldn't want to hear
Oh, one of my friends in particular loves calling me to talk things over because he knows that I don't exactly moderate my opinions and just say exactly what I think. I won't say anything that'll make somebody feel really bad just for being themselves, but if they're thinking of doing something daft, I figure they need to be called out ahead of time.

Usually these phone calls just descend into us piling shit onto things we didn't like back in high school.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 09:39 AM   #844
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Oh, one of my friends in particular loves calling me to talk things over because he knows that I don't exactly moderate my opinions and just say exactly what I think. I won't say anything that'll make somebody feel really bad just for being themselves, but if they're thinking of doing something daft, I figure they need to be called out ahead of time.

Usually these phone calls just descend into us piling shit onto things we didn't like back in high school.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #845
Vocal parasite

Quote:
What shitted me off was when Kate would chide me after these calls for apparently being "bitter" and not getting over things I didn't like at high school. No, the topic just came up, so we spoke about it, and we don't believe in just discussing positive things. The fact it comes up regularly is not a sign of bitterness, just sign of a topic we have in common!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 09:46 AM   #846
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
What shitted me off was when Kate would chide me after these calls for apparently being "bitter" and not getting over things I didn't like at high school. No, the topic just came up, so we spoke about it, and we don't believe in just discussing positive things. The fact it comes up regularly is not a sign of bitterness, just sign of a topic we have in common!
bitter? lol, that's hilarious! sometimes people want to bitch about something. it doesn't necessarily have to be a recent event. the only way i would think someone is bitter about something is if THEY constantly brought it up. otherwise, who cares? a lot of people think high school sucked, it's not like the day you graduate you can't talk about it unless it's a positive memory.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:49 AM   #847
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:56 AM
Morning
Old 06-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #848
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

hey april
Old 06-21-2008, 09:51 AM   #849
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

fuck, i'm fading fast...time for some caffeine
Old 06-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #850
Vocal parasite

Quote:
bitter? lol, that's hilarious! sometimes people want to bitch about something. it doesn't necessarily have to be a recent event. the only way i would think someone is bitter about something is if THEY constantly brought it up. otherwise, who cares? a lot of people think high school sucked, it's not like the day you graduate you can't talk about it unless it's a positive memory.
Yeah, exactly. It was as if since she had positive memories, everybody else had to as well. I loathed high school. It was terrible on most levels. And when I talk to some of my friends who had similar experiences - well, it's something we've got in common, and it's a topic that easily comes up if we start reminiscing about anything. "Remember when Johnno did this ...?" "Oh yeah, that was funny, I can't believe the school let him get away with that!" "Yeah, they were usually such arseholes about that sort of thing." And the shit-slinging begins.

Plus, I've got to admit, we kind of enjoy it.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 09:53 AM   #851
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryMullen's POPAngel View Post
Morning
Evening.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 09:55 AM   #852
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:56 AM
I'm falling asleep. Night
Old 06-21-2008, 09:56 AM   #853
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, exactly. It was as if since she had positive memories, everybody else had to as well. I loathed high school. It was terrible on most levels. And when I talk to some of my friends who had similar experiences - well, it's something we've got in common, and it's a topic that easily comes up if we start reminiscing about anything. "Remember when Johnno did this ...?" "Oh yeah, that was funny, I can't believe the school let him get away with that!" "Yeah, they were usually such arseholes about that sort of thing." And the shit-slinging begins.

Plus, I've got to admit, we kind of enjoy it.
i have some good memories of high school, but for the most part i didn't like it either. then again, nothing was as bad as middle school was when i moved here, but still.

and exactly. it's something you all share in common, so it's bound to come up. i don't know about her, but i find i talk about the things i share in common with my friends. i wouldn't ask you "so yeah, it sucks to get traffic tickets doesn't it?" because that would be a fucking retarded thing to say.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:57 AM   #854
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
I'm falling asleep. Night
night

wow, i just noticed you stayed up past 11!
Old 06-21-2008, 09:59 AM   #855
Vocal parasite

Have a good one, Ian!

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread