Howlong, New South Wales Superthread - Page 54 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2008, 08:58 AM   #796
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yeah. New Zealand's the kind of country that if it were a little more compact, you could just about serve ir with just one major airport on each island.

If Auckland and Wellington were 400km rather than 700km apart, you could just whack some huge fucking airport halfway between them and put in high speed rail from each city to the airport.
But because of that extra size, we're very dependant on air travel.

Fine with me. I'd hate travelling 200kms to do any plane spotting!

Old 06-21-2008, 09:00 AM   #797
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Two of my friends have been in a long term relationship since 2005. For a number of reasons, i don't really think they have a real future together, so i'm not worried at all about being involved in a wedding. Especially because he's planning on joining the Army (i'm still WTF on that) and he doesn't really put up with her shit.

Otherwise the rest of them are just as great with the opposite sex as i am.
oh geez. that reminds me of the couple that are getting married tomorrow. he was in the army (i guess? it could've been the air force for all i know) a couple years ago and has reenlisted for active duty or whatever because they need more money. he's going to get himself deployed to iraq (he already knows he's going back there) for MONEY. i'm sorry, but putting my life at risk like that isn't worth the extra bucks to me. i could elaborate on the stupid things i think they've done, but there's no point.

Old 06-21-2008, 09:01 AM   #798
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
come on, if the airport were 200kms away, you know you'd just move to that city instead
Old 06-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #799
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
oh geez. that reminds me of the couple that are getting married tomorrow. he was in the army (i guess? it could've been the air force for all i know) a couple years ago and has reenlisted for active duty or whatever because they need more money. he's going to get himself deployed to iraq (he already knows he's going back there) for MONEY. i'm sorry, but putting my life at risk like that isn't worth the extra bucks to me. i could elaborate on the stupid things i think they've done, but there's no point.
That's madness.

It's a safe move in New Zealand - you might get deployed to build roads in Afghanistan at the most dangerous.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:02 AM   #800
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
come on, if the airport were 200kms away, you know you'd just move to that city instead
Or it depends how high speed that high speed rail is
Old 06-21-2008, 09:05 AM   #801
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
That's madness.

It's a safe move in New Zealand - you might get deployed to build roads in Afghanistan at the most dangerous.
tell me about it. and her friend's boyfriend who was also there, i think in the same troop too, is thinking about going back for the money. such shitty reasoning imo.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:05 AM   #802
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Or it depends how high speed that high speed rail is
it'd travel 200kms per second
Old 06-21-2008, 09:05 AM   #803
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:40 AM
Quote:
Two of my friends have been in a long term relationship since 2005. For a number of reasons, i don't really think they have a real future together, so i'm not worried at all about being involved in a wedding. Especially because he's planning on joining the Army (i'm still WTF on that) and he doesn't really put up with her shit.

Otherwise the rest of them are just as great with the opposite sex as i am.
One of my friends blew a great opportunity he had with a "girl". She was hairier than any man I knew, hence "girl", but the two suited each other well. He just never made a move despite her being obviously interested, and now she has another boyfriend.

And oh god, one of my friends decided to join the air force, which would've kind of suited him, so our dear hanger-on friend decided he had to as well. Let's just say he failed abysmally, while my actual friend was only rejected on obscure medical grounds.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 09:06 AM   #804
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
it'd travel 200kms per second
That's not high speed rail.

That's rail on crystal meth.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #805
Vocal parasite

Quote:
it's weird. i wonder why it does that. like, if that one post hadn't been made that kicked everything over to the next page, would those seven posts just stayed on the other page? or would they have eventually been pushed over?
I've found when this place has gone dead-thread on me, I may have a 12 post page, then I'll refresh a few minutes later and suddenly the last 2 have bumped over to a new page.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #806
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
tell me about it. and her friend's boyfriend who was also there, i think in the same troop too, is thinking about going back for the money. such shitty reasoning imo.
Exactly. Money is important....but i'd rather flip burgers for it than risk my life for it.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #807
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
One of my friends blew a great opportunity he had with a "girl". She was hairier than any man I knew, hence "girl", but the two suited each other well. He just never made a move despite her being obviously interested, and now she has another boyfriend.

And oh god, one of my friends decided to join the air force, which would've kind of suited him, so our dear hanger-on friend decided he had to as well. Let's just say he failed abysmally, while my actual friend was only rejected on obscure medical grounds.
when i first saw the "girl" in quotes, i figured she was a blow-up doll and thought to myself "oh, he must be talking about liam" and hairy? ewww, that's why god invented wax.

haha, that's hilarious. thank god the kid was rejected, the last thing this world needs is more unqualified people joining the armed forces of the world. unless it's in iraq, am i rite!
Old 06-21-2008, 09:09 AM   #808
Vocal parasite

Quote:
But because of that extra size, we're very dependant on air travel.

How long does it take you to get to the airport?

Because high speed rail running at an average speed of 300km/h including stops will get you to the airport in 40 minutes.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 09:10 AM   #809
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Good/Bad.

The last thing we need is people flying planes or operating guns just because someone else is.
Old 06-21-2008, 09:10 AM   #810
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I don't suppose they need this money due to a stupidly expensive wedding?

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread