Howlong, New South Wales Superthread - Page 53 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2008, 08:48 AM   #781
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:06 PM
Failpage Australia seriously has the worst search feature EVER. It seems to be unaware of the previous year. I couldn't get any results for NIMBY more recently than last June, even when I told it to search only the last month's posts.

So I told it to search the last month's posts for "train".

No threads or posts met your search criteria

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 08:50 AM   #782
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i'm serious, it's cute when you and axver talk about your stuff
I was laughing at how i'd summed my essay up, and wish i'd done the same in my exams:

In conclusion, Noelle Neumanns Spiral of Silence theory does have it's criticisms but is highly accurate. Concept: good. Criticisms: not enough. Execution: Great!

Old 06-21-2008, 08:51 AM   #783
Vocal parasite

Quote:
god i wish i could go to sleep right about now.

ugh, tell me about it! luckily, this is the only friend of mine who is close to getting married. everyone else is in relationships (seriously, i'm the "single friend") but none of them seem like they're going to get engaged for a while. i just thank god she didn't ask me to be in her wedding, because i wouldn't have been able to afford it, and i'd probably make a shitty bridesmaid.
I bloody well hope none of my friends ask me to be their best man or any of that shit. I've no idea what to do. And I hope if I ever get married, it's to somebody who has similar ideas to me about how a wedding should be small, done on the cheap, and nice and easy. Fuck relatives who expect to be invited to some huge event.

As it stands, all my good friends are single. I'm the only one who's been in a really long term relationship. Actually, I tell a lie. One close friend in Georgia is actually engaged, she's six months younger than me, and I'm skeptical the marriage is a good idea, but hey, at least I don't have to go.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 08:51 AM   #784
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Your new longest post?

Personally, it just strikes me as ridiculous for a city the size of Auckland to have two airports, so working with the existing one would obviously be much more ideal. It also has good potential for rail access, which I simply had to bring up.

And don't worry, whatever plan they choose will be staggeringly illogical and daft. It's the way of the world.
yeah. the memphis metro area (combining all adjacent cities) is as big as auckland, and we don't have two airports. in fact, the one we have is so small, it's laughable. imo.

when i think of cities "deserving" of two airports, i think of huge cities. stuff like chicago, new york, and london.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:51 AM   #785
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Failpage Australia seriously has the worst search feature EVER. It seems to be unaware of the previous year. I couldn't get any results for NIMBY more recently than last June, even when I told it to search only the last month's posts.

So I told it to search the last month's posts for "train".

No threads or posts met your search criteria

Could it be the inverse of Interference? Everyone secretly hates trains and talks about U2 and Coldplay instead?
Old 06-21-2008, 08:52 AM   #786
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
I was laughing at how i'd summed my essay up, and wish i'd done the same in my exams:

In conclusion, Noelle Neumanns Spiral of Silence theory does have it's criticisms but is highly accurate. Concept: good. Criticisms: not enough. Execution: Great!
Old 06-21-2008, 08:53 AM   #787
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Could it be the inverse of Interference? Everyone secretly hates trains and talks about U2 and Coldplay instead?
what else is there to discuss than U2 and U2 part two lolz
Old 06-21-2008, 08:54 AM   #788
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Well, that would explain all the threads bashing the Public Transport Users Association!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 08:55 AM   #789
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

holy shit, seven posts brought over from the last page. it's so kooky that it does that
Old 06-21-2008, 08:55 AM   #790
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Well, that would explain all the threads bashing the Public Transport Users Association!
in my tiredness, i thought that abbreviated to puta
Old 06-21-2008, 08:55 AM   #791
Vocal parasite

Quote:
when i think of cities "deserving" of two airports, i think of huge cities. stuff like chicago, new york, and london.
Yeah. New Zealand's the kind of country that if it were a little more compact, you could just about serve ir with just one major airport on each island.

If Auckland and Wellington were 400km rather than 700km apart, you could just whack some huge fucking airport halfway between them and put in high speed rail from each city to the airport.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 08:56 AM   #792
Vocal parasite

Quote:
holy shit, seven posts brought over from the last page. it's so kooky that it does that
Yeah, I really wish it wouldn't do that.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 08:57 AM   #793
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Yeah. New Zealand's the kind of country that if it were a little more compact, you could just about serve ir with just one major airport on each island.

If Auckland and Wellington were 400km rather than 700km apart, you could just whack some huge fucking airport halfway between them and put in high speed rail from each city to the airport.
high speed rail

that would be a good idea, though.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:57 AM   #794
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I bloody well hope none of my friends ask me to be their best man or any of that shit. I've no idea what to do. And I hope if I ever get married, it's to somebody who has similar ideas to me about how a wedding should be small, done on the cheap, and nice and easy. Fuck relatives who expect to be invited to some huge event.

As it stands, all my good friends are single. I'm the only one who's been in a really long term relationship. Actually, I tell a lie. One close friend in Georgia is actually engaged, she's six months younger than me, and I'm skeptical the marriage is a good idea, but hey, at least I don't have to go.
Two of my friends have been in a long term relationship since 2005. For a number of reasons, i don't really think they have a real future together, so i'm not worried at all about being involved in a wedding. Especially because he's planning on joining the Army (i'm still WTF on that) and he doesn't really put up with her shit.

Otherwise the rest of them are just as great with the opposite sex as i am.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:58 AM   #795
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, I really wish it wouldn't do that.
it's weird. i wonder why it does that. like, if that one post hadn't been made that kicked everything over to the next page, would those seven posts just stayed on the other page? or would they have eventually been pushed over?

Tags
superthread