Howlong, New South Wales Superthread - Page 52 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-21-2008, 08:33 AM   #766
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
ahh yes, that's it

but seriously, i got TWO hours of sleep. TWO. i'm not exaggerating at all
I'd die. How the fuck are you functioning?
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 08:34 AM   #767
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Who's this Vincent Vega watching our nerdy transport discussions?
I mainly know them from posts in FYM.
__________________

__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 08:37 AM   #768
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I'd die. How the fuck are you functioning?
i have no clue. i brought caffeine pills to work with me i was going to grab an energy drink too, but i need that more this thursday when i have to stay up all night to take my mom to the hospital at 5:30.

my first thoughts when i woke up and looked at the time, i was like "fuck, i didn't even get a full rem cycle!"
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 08:38 AM   #769
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I mainly know them from posts in FYM.
same here.

ooh, actually it looks like they've been idle for ~30 minutes.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 08:39 AM   #770
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
same here.

ooh, actually it looks like they've been idle for ~30 minutes.
Our transport discussion put them to sleep?
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 08:40 AM   #771
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i have no clue. i brought caffeine pills to work with me i was going to grab an energy drink too, but i need that more this thursday when i have to stay up all night to take my mom to the hospital at 5:30.

my first thoughts when i woke up and looked at the time, i was like "fuck, i didn't even get a full rem cycle!"
Bloody hell, Khan! I'm seriously a zombie on any less than seven. Go sleep!
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 08:40 AM   #772
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
What's your suggestion re: expanding Auckland's airport/building a second one.
Let's ignore rail and deal with reality for a bit.

I don't think Auckland needs another airport. Perhaps two daily flights out of Whenuapai on 60-odd seat turboprops to Wellington would be worth trialling.

Auckland Airport will eventually need to expand the international and domestic terminals - my solution in part to this is to put international and domestic in the same building. It's just easier.

The second runway as it stands is a blunder. It's too short for any meaningful international operations, and as it is positioned on the north side of the airport, causes a bit of a problem.

Most international flights to New Zealand come from the north. Most domestic from the south. For some bright reason they've decided to make sure you have to somehow get the international and domestic traffic to cross over in the late stages of approach.

The international terminal is also closer to the access to the new runway, for domestic flights it will add at least 10 minutes of taxiing.

It is future proofed so it can be made longer, but i say they should just build it to the max now so you don't have to force domestic flights to use it just so someone is using it.

Concept: good. Execution: Not so much.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 08:42 AM   #773
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Our transport discussion put them to sleep?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Bloody hell, Khan! I'm seriously a zombie on any less than seven. Go sleep!
i wish i could! i'm at work i had to come in early so i can go to a friend's wedding. a wedding which i'm sure will be at least a little hillbilly
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 08:43 AM   #774
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Concept: good. Execution: Not so much.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 08:44 AM   #775
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 10:56 AM
Oh shit, i wrote another essay. Cringe.
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 08:45 AM   #776
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 08:45 AM   #777
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i wish i could! i'm at work i had to come in early so i can go to a friend's wedding. a wedding which i'm sure will be at least a little hillbilly
Work: the perfect place to sleep!

And I'm honestly glad none of my friends are in serious relationships and looking at marriage, because I'll only grudgingly drag myself along to weddings. What snoozefests.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 08:46 AM   #778
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
i'm serious, it's cute when you and axver talk about your stuff
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 08:47 AM   #779
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 151,047
Local Time: 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Let's ignore rail and deal with reality for a bit.

I don't think Auckland needs another airport. Perhaps two daily flights out of Whenuapai on 60-odd seat turboprops to Wellington would be worth trialling.

Auckland Airport will eventually need to expand the international and domestic terminals - my solution in part to this is to put international and domestic in the same building. It's just easier.

The second runway as it stands is a blunder. It's too short for any meaningful international operations, and as it is positioned on the north side of the airport, causes a bit of a problem.

Most international flights to New Zealand come from the north. Most domestic from the south. For some bright reason they've decided to make sure you have to somehow get the international and domestic traffic to cross over in the late stages of approach.

The international terminal is also closer to the access to the new runway, for domestic flights it will add at least 10 minutes of taxiing.

It is future proofed so it can be made longer, but i say they should just build it to the max now so you don't have to force domestic flights to use it just so someone is using it.

Concept: good. Execution: Not so much.
Your new longest post?

Personally, it just strikes me as ridiculous for a city the size of Auckland to have two airports, so working with the existing one would obviously be much more ideal. It also has good potential for rail access, which I simply had to bring up.

And don't worry, whatever plan they choose will be staggeringly illogical and daft. It's the way of the world.
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline  
Old 06-21-2008, 08:48 AM   #780
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Work: the perfect place to sleep!

And I'm honestly glad none of my friends are in serious relationships and looking at marriage, because I'll only grudgingly drag myself along to weddings. What snoozefests.
god i wish i could go to sleep right about now.

ugh, tell me about it! luckily, this is the only friend of mine who is close to getting married. everyone else is in relationships (seriously, i'm the "single friend") but none of them seem like they're going to get engaged for a while. i just thank god she didn't ask me to be in her wedding, because i wouldn't have been able to afford it, and i'd probably make a shitty bridesmaid.
__________________

__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com