Howlong, New South Wales Superthread - Page 50 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2008, 07:48 AM   #736
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I'd ignore him. But I'm a bastard.
The thing was, he was a good friend but creepy and disgusting. One time when he had a cold he wiped his nose all over his hand and blew his nose on his hands, wiped it under the desk and then PICKED UP MY BOOK AND STARTED FLIPPING THOUGH IT. The disgust.

If he isn't so creepy and disgusting, knowing him would be just fine. It's hard to tell.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:52 AM   #737
Blue Crack Supplier

Oh god. The Great Circle Mapper can tell you how long a route will take if you input a speed.

If i'm sad enough i can calculate how many aircraft i'll need for each route by determining enroute time + time on the ground.

Could be fun, might re-invigorate my interest in writing

Old 06-21-2008, 07:54 AM   #738
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
The thing was, he was a good friend but creepy and disgusting. One time when he had a cold he wiped his nose all over his hand and blew his nose on his hands, wiped it under the desk and then PICKED UP MY BOOK AND STARTED FLIPPING THOUGH IT. The disgust.

If he isn't so creepy and disgusting, knowing him would be just fine. It's hard to tell.
... bloody hell. I'd just stop talking to somebody if they did that to my stuff. That's nasty.

See, the one hanger-on my group had at high school who was creepy and disgusting was also a bad friend and indescribably stupid (did you know LOTR is sci-fi? No, nor did I!). I have no qualms about being an arsehole to him now.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 07:57 AM   #739
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Oh god. The Great Circle Mapper can tell you how long a route will take if you input a speed.

If i'm sad enough i can calculate how many aircraft i'll need for each route by determining enroute time + time on the ground.

Could be fun, might re-invigorate my interest in writing

I laugh, yet I'm thinking of the kind of rolling stock I'd need for these train services I'm proposing. I'm looking at something like this, just adapted for New Zealand conditions and capable of up to 200km/h rather than just 160km/h:

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 07:58 AM   #740
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
... bloody hell. I'd just stop talking to somebody if they did that to my stuff. That's nasty.

See, the one hanger-on my group had at high school who was creepy and disgusting was also a bad friend and indescribably stupid (did you know LOTR is sci-fi? No, nor did I!). I have no qualms about being an arsehole to him now.
That incident was pretty much the end of things.

I don't there there is anyone from school that i'd be an arsehole to, because i can't think of anyone i have a personal grudge with. Even him, i think, because i don't think he's completely 100% there, mentally.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:02 AM   #741
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

I laugh, yet I'm thinking of the kind of rolling stock I'd need for these train services I'm proposing. I'm looking at something like this, just adapted for New Zealand conditions and capable of up to 200km/h rather than just 160km/h:

Oooh, nice.

I'm having some inner turmoil over some of my fleet ideas.

I want to use the 777 for long haul routes, but i need a sub-fleet of A330s to run my Wellington-Auckland tech stop-long haul routes because there isn't a hope in hell of getting a 777 in or out of Wellington. Let alone parking the fucking thing there.

The problem with a sub-fleet is needing to double up on spares, training etc but i think Wellington long haul is vital.

Might not be so bad if i decide to go Airbus for my smaller, medium-range aircraft though.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:04 AM   #742
Vocal parasite

Quote:
That incident was pretty much the end of things.

I don't there there is anyone from school that i'd be an arsehole to, because i can't think of anyone i have a personal grudge with. Even him, i think, because i don't think he's completely 100% there, mentally.
I disliked a number of people rather strongly and would have no problem with being a complete prick to them. Especially the guy who said the Holocaust was a good thing as far as the persecution of homosexuals, the handicapped, gypsies, and communists was concerned, and then told me that I had an attitude problem when I called him out for being a hate-filled fuckwit.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 08:06 AM   #743
Blue Crack Supplier

I also wouldn't have midnight departures that fly right over my house :shakingfistatpassingplane:
Old 06-21-2008, 08:09 AM   #744
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Oooh, nice.

I'm having some inner turmoil over some of my fleet ideas.

I want to use the 777 for long haul routes, but i need a sub-fleet of A330s to run my Wellington-Auckland tech stop-long haul routes because there isn't a hope in hell of getting a 777 in or out of Wellington. Let alone parking the fucking thing there.

The problem with a sub-fleet is needing to double up on spares, training etc but i think Wellington long haul is vital.

Might not be so bad if i decide to go Airbus for my smaller, medium-range aircraft though.
It's a shame you can't just build the fleet yourself! Shame I can't have trains built in New Zealand either, but the days of New Zealand constructing its own locomotives pretty much ended with the end of steam. Hutt and Hillside (Dunedin) workshops exist mainly for maintenance now.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 08:10 AM   #745
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I disliked a number of people rather strongly and would have no problem with being a complete prick to them. Especially the guy who said the Holocaust was a good thing as far as the persecution of homosexuals, the handicapped, gypsies, and communists was concerned, and then told me that I had an attitude problem when I called him out for being a hate-filled fuckwit.
Good god. That's appalling.

I'm glad most of the people (fuck, it may have been all) i knew at school were pretty Liberal in their views, so all class debates usually ended up as a big circle jerk with us all agreeing.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:11 AM   #746
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I also wouldn't have midnight departures that fly right over my house :shakingfistatpassingplane:

God, if anything remotely akin to my ideas actually went ahead, I'd love to see the NIMBY brigade come out in force. "OH NO YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY DUPLICATE THE LINE OUTSIDE MY HOUSE, ALL THE TRAIN NOISE! AND 200KM/H? MY KIDS COULD DIE!!!!" Hey, Mr NIMBY, if your kids get killed by a 200km/h train, they were probably going to get killed by an 80km/h train anyway. At the end of the day, it's called natural selection.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 08:12 AM   #747
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
It's a shame you can't just build the fleet yourself! Shame I can't have trains built in New Zealand either, but the days of New Zealand constructing its own locomotives pretty much ended with the end of steam. Hutt and Hillside (Dunedin) workshops exist mainly for maintenance now.
If i could the planes would be capable of seating 500 in First/Business/Premium Economy/Economy layout, able to carry plenty of freight. Short airfield capability with about a 10,000 nautical mile range and instead of oil it would be powered by love.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:14 AM   #748
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Good god. That's appalling.

I'm glad most of the people (fuck, it may have been all) i knew at school were pretty Liberal in their views, so all class debates usually ended up as a big circle jerk with us all agreeing.
Since my school was ostensibly Protestant, we had our conservative faction. I don't think this particular fellow really had any political views, though. He was just astonishingly stupid and thought homosexuals were gross and communists must be evil and handicapped people are creepy. He didn't even realise the Holocaust had happened or that it was worse than 11 September 2001 until I told him. In grade 12.

And I love how all of my university tutes tend to just turn into a leftie agreement session.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 08:19 AM   #749
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

God, if anything remotely akin to my ideas actually went ahead, I'd love to see the NIMBY brigade come out in force. "OH NO YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY DUPLICATE THE LINE OUTSIDE MY HOUSE, ALL THE TRAIN NOISE! AND 200KM/H? MY KIDS COULD DIE!!!!" Hey, Mr NIMBY, if your kids get killed by a 200km/h train, they were probably going to get killed by an 80km/h train anyway. At the end of the day, it's called natural selection.
I'm not complaining as such, because when we were looking at the house a plane flew over. 99% of the time it's really cool, but it's crazy that with the noise abatement procedures in Auckland we still get them going over at midnight after having quiet landing planes coming over all day.

And yeah. That extra 120km/h isn't going to make a difference.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:20 AM   #750
Vocal parasite

Quote:
If i could the planes would be capable of seating 500 in First/Business/Premium Economy/Economy layout, able to carry plenty of freight. Short airfield capability with about a 10,000 nautical mile range and instead of oil it would be powered by love.

And here I was, thinking that being able to build trains in my own workshops would just be handy because it would avoid the whole "damn, we need to ship it across a huge fucking ocean" factor.

But I suppose if I can join in on the dreaming, my trains would be able to carry 300 seated passengers in four carriages; one first class, two regular, and one regular/buffet, with the buffet providing a nice selection of hot meals and drinks and stuff. They could run at over 200km/h, come to a smooth stop within 50 metres, never be late, and be powered by my vitrolic rants and hyperbole so that Interference need not suffer it.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread