Howlong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the story on this My Brother... Thing?

It's a reference to a tendency in WTAHNN around the release of a new album for there to be a proliferation of threads with absolutely stupidly vague titles (like "my brother..", which tells you sweet fuck-all about what the thread's about), and for these threads to be about really dumb things like "my brother hates the new album, how can I prove him wrong?"

There there, we all were fooled by that song. It did have a fairly killer video

I honestly hated - and still hate - the video for WITS. It strikes me as some 14 year old trying to prove they have "diverse" music taste and mashing together a bunch of clips with no real cohesiveness or reason. I'd consider it to be one of U2's very worst videos.

I honestly hated - and still hate - the video for WITS. It strikes me as some 14 year old trying to prove they have "diverse" music taste and mashing together a bunch of clips with no real cohesiveness or reason. I'd consider it to be one of U2's very worst videos.

I LOVED that video. Could anyone with a computer have made it? Yes. But still...there was something

It's a reference to a tendency in WTAHNN around the release of a new album for there to be a proliferation of threads with absolutely stupidly vague titles (like "my brother..", which tells you sweet fuck-all about what the thread's about), and for these threads to be about really dumb things like "my brother hates the new album, how can I prove him wrong?"

Jesus I hate threads like that

Honestly, the Auckland vs Wellington "arguments" were so good that I really only think the Kunstmuseum can challenge it as my favourite Interference memory. They made me laugh until I cried and my sides ached.

I should see if I still have Timo's e-mail and make him come back. Of all the people who don't post any more, I'd say he's the one this forum misses the most.

From a post I made in Zooropa round 5:

- EDGE IS A BETTER SINGER THAN BONO
- Does Edge sing this line?
- WOW BONO HITS A C SHARP
- Bono's Vocal Moments on the New Album

- Louder =/= better, Eno!
- Deluxe edition out of stock??!?!!!
- U2: screwing their fans - say NO to DELUXE!

Love how that joke is still going strong today.

God, that thread. I forgot about that :lmao:

IT'S NOT REAL UNLESS IT'S ON WIKIPEDIA!

That thread brought massive lulz.

We should totally compile our own Interference Hall of Fame sort of thing for this stuff.

IT'S NOT REAL UNLESS IT'S ON WIKIPEDIA!

That thread brought massive lulz.

We should totally compile our own Interference Hall of Fame sort of thing for this stuff.

The great moments:

Fake Edge
Kunstmuseum
Annihilation Tour

I'm sleepy and drawin a blank

reading through the annihilation tour thread, I am so sad that that occurred at a time in which I was disenchanted with Interference and stopped posting.

The great moments:

Fake Edge
Kunstmuseum
Annihilation Tour

I'm sleepy and drawin a blank

Some of the Superthreads have been absolutely hysterical too. Like when we were forum gypsies and rocked up to the bizarrest threads.

reading through the annihilation tour thread, I am so sad that that occurred at a time in which I was disenchanted with Interference and stopped posting.

It's safe to say I would have pretty much drifted away from this site if it weren't for the postwhorehouse. There's precious little that interests me these days on EYKIW or FYM or wherever.

It's safe to say I would have pretty much drifted away from this site if it weren't for the postwhorehouse. There's precious little that interests me these days on EYKIW or FYM or wherever.

The Postwhorehouse brought me back :cute:

I think the Vagina Superthread (I think that's the one anyway) has to go down as a forum classic simply because we finished it in under 10 hours. I imagine no other thread has ever gotten to 1,000 so fast, and only the setlist parties for the new tour will challenge (and likely pass) its record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom