Howlong, New South Wales Superthread - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2008, 01:11 AM   #451
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:28 PM
What I'd really love is for America to restructure our rail system (and the public transport system in general) and heavily encourage people to use them.

It's a pity that for all the trains that go through my city, none of them are passenger trains. If I want to take a train to Chicago, for example, I have to first drive nearly a third of the way there. Sucks.

Old 06-21-2008, 01:12 AM   #452
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
But in airports I grow docile, go figure.
It's the high school dropouts acting as TSA

Old 06-21-2008, 01:12 AM   #453
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I think they now give out zones, so earlier check ins get you on earlier, but no actual assignments...but I could be wrong.
you're probably right.

ugh, i couldn't stand not knowing where my seat is, or even if i'll get stuck with a middle seat. fuck no i don't want to be sandwiched in between two strangers!
Old 06-21-2008, 01:13 AM   #454
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
It's the high school dropouts acting as TSA
That could be it, or, it might be the random retail establishments.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:13 AM   #455
Blue Crack Supplier

YouTube - TSA Gangstaz
Old 06-21-2008, 01:13 AM   #456
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:28 AM
Quote:
It's always worth it for takeoff and landing.

Runway 23 approach at Auckland - where when you're coming from the west it requires overflying the city, turning over my suburb and then a long final with great views of either the city or towards the Waikato.
Well, yeah, that's a bloody good point, especially when I'm lucky enough to come into Wellington from the north. But 3 hours of ocean? Snooze.

And Ian, I swear to god, you absolutely must do Wellington - Nelson one day soon. Totally worth it for passing over the Marlborough Sounds.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 01:13 AM   #457
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Once Delta and Northwest have merged i wouldn't bet on Memphis still being a hub.....perhaps you could package yourself up and go FedEx.
yeah, when they first started talking about the delta/northwest hub, one of the things they mentioned on the news was whether or not it stays a hub. delta said their hub in atlanta (i think they said atlanta) was far enough away to where memphis could stay a hub too, but it wouldn't be the first time companies merging have lied.

like the company i work for...why yes nothing will change during the merger! or the merger we have the year after this! yeah right
Old 06-21-2008, 01:14 AM   #458
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
That could be it, or, it might be the random retail establishments.
Someone tried to get me to sign up to American Express last time in was in Wellington Airport.

It's hard enough avoiding people doing surveys etc in the city where i'm expecting it.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:15 AM   #459
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
yeah, when they first started talking about the delta/northwest hub, one of the things they mentioned on the news was whether or not it stays a hub. delta said their hub in atlanta (i think they said atlanta) was far enough away to where memphis could stay a hub too, but it wouldn't be the first time companies merging have lied.

like the company i work for...why yes nothing will change during the merger! or the merger we have the year after this! yeah right
I'll bet the CVG hub is screwed too.

And yeah, it's a hub in Atlanta. I think Memphis is destined to have a shitload of flights to Atlanta and connect on from there.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:16 AM   #460
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Someone tried to get me to sign up to American Express last time in was in Wellington Airport.

It's hard enough avoiding people doing surveys etc in the city where i'm expecting it.
oh god.

i'm gonna throw this out there: worst airport i've ever been in: miami international.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:17 AM   #461
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Well, yeah, that's a bloody good point, especially when I'm lucky enough to come into Wellington from the north. But 3 hours of ocean? Snooze.

And Ian, I swear to god, you absolutely must do Wellington - Nelson one day soon. Totally worth it for passing over the Marlborough Sounds.
God, i remember my last trip to Wellington. Perfect visibility, no cloud in the sky and we came into Wellington from the north.......and i had the aisle.

Wellington - Nelson is on the list.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:17 AM   #462
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
What I'd really love is for America to restructure our rail system (and the public transport system in general) and heavily encourage people to use them.

It's a pity that for all the trains that go through my city, none of them are passenger trains. If I want to take a train to Chicago, for example, I have to first drive nearly a third of the way there. Sucks.
You guys got seriously fucked over by the road lobby in the fifties to seventies and it's going to take a long time to recover from it - especially if free market fundamentalists remain powerful in politics. Australia and New Zealand unfortunately followed the US lead, since at the time we were fairly disenchanted with Europe and were looking for a new example. Because, of course, it'd be just too much to ask to go our own way.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-21-2008, 01:19 AM   #463
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
I'll bet the CVG hub is screwed too.

And yeah, it's a hub in Atlanta. I think Memphis is destined to have a shitload of flights to Atlanta and connect on from there.
probably.

edit: fuck me, i was getting atlanta and chicago confused i think.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:19 AM   #464
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:28 PM
Quote:
oh god.

i'm gonna throw this out there: worst airport i've ever been in: miami international.
O'Hare is a nightmare.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:20 AM   #465
Vocal parasite

Quote:
oh god.

Coolangatta Airport on the Gold Coast for me. Now there's an airport that didn't upgrade fast enough. I can't believe you still have to walk out onto the tarmac to board any flight departing from there.

Can't say I much liked Washington Dulles either. My flight from Boston landed in a terminal that wasn't bad, but then I had to transfer to another terminal for my flight to Nashville and it seemed like some hangar that had just been converted into a terminal out of desperation. It was nasty, over-crowded, uncomfortable, shitty PA, and barely any facilities.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread