Howlong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:laugh:

Can't say i know about the carparking problem, we usually just get dropped off.

We now usually make sure there's somebody to just cruise by and drop us off/pick us up because dealing with the short term carpark can be such a hassle!

I got two coworkers to borrow my DVDs and watch it all....they both loved it. Of course, cos it's amazing.
:ohmy: you trusted people with your dvds? if i knew someone wanted to get into the show, i'd tell them to use netflix or maaaaybe i'd invite them over to watch it.

let's just say i've had too many experiences with "are you done with my stuff yet? it's been two months" "uhhh....i don't know where your cd is now..." :scream:

So Sorry means we're sorry, but you still don't count?

I guess we'll have to see about that one, won't we? I was watching a documentary a few nights ago about life in some Northern Territory communities, and ... it's another world, it really is. I don't know how Australia can pass itself off as a first world country when people live like that, but it does a damn good job of making the entire problem invisible to almost everyone.

And for the benefit of everyone not familiar with the Aussie situation, Aborigines were only counted as people in the census from 1967. I still cannot get over that during my parents' lifetime, Aborigines were considered not even worthy of being counted in the census.

:ohmy: you trusted people with your dvds? if i knew someone wanted to get into the show, i'd tell them to use netflix or maaaaybe i'd invite them over to watch it.

let's just say i've had too many experiences with "are you done with my stuff yet? it's been two months" "uhhh....i don't know where your cd is now..." :scream:

I loan out a lot of movies and such. I'd not loan it out to people I do not trust to watch it sooner than later. If I loan it, it likely means I'm not in a rush to re-watch it, so if I like them, and they do not get to it immediately, no big deal.

I guess we'll have to see about that one, won't we? I was watching a documentary a few nights ago about life in some Northern Territory communities, and ... it's another world, it really is. I don't know how Australia can pass itself off as a first world country when people live like that, but it does a damn good job of making the entire problem invisible to almost everyone.

And for the benefit of everyone not familiar with the Aussie situation, Aborigines were only counted as people in the census from 1967. I still cannot get over that during my parents' lifetime, Aborigines were considered not even worthy of being counted in the census.
:yikes: jesus christ. i knew about some of the issues with aborigines, but i didn't know there was a time when they weren't counted! ridiculous.

Ghost Towns? Like Cumby, Texas?

:laugh:

Next time we reach the end of a thread and you're around, I promise we'll go there (unless the next thread is #100, in which case we're going to Vaduz).

I loan out a lot of movies and such. I'd not loan it out to people I do not trust to watch it sooner than later. If I loan it, it likely means I'm not in a rush to re-watch it, so if I like them, and they do not get to it immediately, no big deal.
either i just have a hard time trusting people, or my friends are all sloppy/lose track of things easily. hard to tell. i think it's a bit of both :sigh:

btw when did you change your location?

It's the beauty of having a whole desert to hide them in.

:yikes: jesus christ. i knew about some of the issues with aborigines, but i didn't know there was a time when they weren't counted! ridiculous.

Fuckin' cattle and sheep were viewed as more important than the Aborigines!

As much as John Howard would like to present this place as the "lucky country" and blast anybody who says otherwise as having a "black armband" view of history (you have no idea how mad that label makes me), Australia has one of the most sordid and disgusting histories of any Western country. For the last 200 years, this has been anything but the lucky country for its own bloody native inhabitants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom