Howlong, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you know nothing of these people, how can you know that you'd meet them in U2 Heaven?

That's a good question. The answer is simple...the Aussie Posse rules. They are always fun to be around. Cin for example introduced me to Red Dwarf (12?! You lost your virginity at 12?! You wouldn't have been old enough to have a golf membership.) :lol: They are just too cool and would love to hang out with them.

That's a good question. The answer is simple...the Aussie Posse rules. They are always fun to be around. Cin for example introduced me to Red Dwarf (12?! You lost your virginity at 12?! You wouldn't have been old enough to have a golf membership.) :lol: They are just too cool and would love to hang out with them.

There's no gap between being fun and being celestial?

btw, i need some opinions: if i have to be up at 5:30, should i go to bed now or just wait till 1 am?

i'm leaning towards 1 am because i mean hell...five hours of sleep is nothing. 30 minutes less won't make or break me. but i just want to make sure that's not a stupid way of thinking :uhoh:

btw, i need some opinions: if i have to be up at 5:30, should i go to bed now or just wait till 1 am?

i'm leaning towards 1 am because i mean hell...five hours of sleep is nothing. 30 minutes less won't make or break me. but i just want to make sure that's not a stupid way of thinking :uhoh:

Once you are around the 5 hour mark, what's the difference?

Coolangatta Airport on the Gold Coast for me. Now there's an airport that didn't upgrade fast enough. I can't believe you still have to walk out onto the tarmac to board any flight departing from there.

I'm going to throw some thoughts down here, because i'm bored.

Firstly, what Gold Coast Airport is now is paradise. I remember going there on Freedom Air and it was a fucking prefab shack. But you already know that. Could still benefit from a bit more gate space.

Secondly, there are a shitload of reasons for no airbridges.

1) They're expensive. To buy, install and operate.
2) Airbridges need two story (at least) buildings to work. Gold Coast Airport is one story and doesn't need to be any more without adding to point #1
3) Low cost airlines like to use both front and rear doors as it makes boarding and disembarking faster - and Cooly is almost exclusively low coast airlines. They also don't like point #1
4) Gold Coast climate is conducive to walking across the tarmac
5) It's common in a lot of places - i walked across the tarmac to board a Pacific Blue flight in AUCKLAND. Europe as well.
6) See #1

:lmao:! Brittany don't insult him, I need him to hook me up with a job after college :wink:

Hey NSW, how bout them Cubs :D

I'm going tomorrow....nice walk-off today, we were watching at work.

My Yanks lost, sadly, their nice winning streak has halted.

Ha, I can definitely get you an internship! :)

I'm going to throw some thoughts down here, because i'm bored.

Firstly, what Gold Coast Airport is now is paradise. I remember going there on Freedom Air and it was a fucking prefab shack. But you already know that. Could still benefit from a bit more gate space.

Secondly, there are a shitload of reasons for no airbridges.

1) They're expensive. To buy, install and operate.
2) Airbridges need two story (at least) buildings to work. Gold Coast Airport is one story and doesn't need to be any more without adding to point #1
3) Low cost airlines like to use both front and rear doors as it makes boarding and disembarking faster - and Cooly is almost exclusively low coast airlines. They also don't like point #1
4) Gold Coast climate is conducive to walking across the tarmac
5) It's common in a lot of places - i walked across the tarmac to board a Pacific Blue flight in AUCKLAND. Europe as well.
6) See #1

Ian...again this is a rather long post for you. Two days in a row. Should I be worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom