Howie Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
Like or dislike? I had a roommate who was obsessed with him, so I tend to like listening to him when I get nostalgic. His live solo work is quite impressive!

Melon

I like him, and think it's real shame that he doesn't have more recognition. I find his music really unpretentious, and he pulls it off well live too. He's a better version of John Mayer.

Well, having been in Boston for two years, I had heard about him all over the place. I guess he isn't very well-known outside of New England then.

Melon

I've seen him live twice, and I like him better live than on record (which isn't bad, either). He would be a big hit if he was marketed properly, especially to the John Mayer crowd, like beau2tifulday mentioned. :up:

I saw him at this radio station concert I went to, I went to see Sarah McLachlan. It was a very small venue and I was in the third row. It was riveting to see him play those foot pedal things - pardon my ignorance, I have no idea what the official name is :der:

I love that song Collide, in spite of how Dawson's Creekish it is :wink:

I think he's Australian...?

I also adore "Collide." If you buy the expanded version of Stop All the World Now, there's an alternate recording of it at the end.

Nope, he's not an Aussie, Pax. He's from Maine. His first album was called Australia.

Yeah, it's a common mistake, it seems. I've read several news articles where they have said "Aussie" or "Australian-born" or something along the lines of that.

HelloAngel said:
I saw him open for Tori Amos in Tampa and was very impressed.

I saw him open for Tori in Denver and liked him. But then didn't we hear something creepy about him awhile back? I can't remember what it was but it negatively affected my opinion for a short time and now I've obviously gotten over it since I can't remember what it was. :huh:

I dig him and he's great live. He played at the ACL festival, he was the only one all weekend to brave the stage completely solo. He has a pedal board that allows him to loop his playing and singing. By the end of the song it sounds like he's playing with a full band. He also closed with a little snippet of 'One'.

Bonochick said:
Yeah, it's a common mistake, it seems. I've read several news articles where they have said "Aussie" or "Australian-born" or something along the lines of that.

it's that damn sticker!!

music-wise, he's one of those people i've been trying really hard to avoid like the plague because of the kind of music i think he plays. so mabye it's out of sheer stupidity or stubborn-ness, but i have no clue what his stuff sounds like.

mmm howie day =)
his music is perfect for cruising along on a perfect sunny day with the windows rolled down, the wind in your hair, and the music blasted up for all to hear

Back
Top Bottom