How would you rate these actors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason_L

Babyface
Hey guys! I'm new to this wonderful site and would like to ask everyone, how would you rate some of these fine actors in the scale of 1 to 10, and if you can be bothered then tell a reason, why you rated them that way too, ok here goes:
Robert Redford
Sean Penn
Brad Pitt
Johnny Depp
Tom Hanks
Jimmy Stewart
Russell Crowe
Marlon Brando
Robert De Niro
Edward Norton
Al Pacino
Kevin Spacey

Thanks!

Robert Redford- 10
Sean Penn-7
Brad Pitt-7
Johnny Depp-7
Tom Hanks-9
Jimmy Stewart-15
Russell Crowe-8
Marlon Brando-9
Robert De Niro-20
Edward Norton-8
Al Pacino-19
Kevin Spacey-9

I guess I gave them all high marks because they are/were all fine actors, esp. Pacino and De Niro!

Anyway, I am not real good at rating people, but I noticed Harrison Ford was missing.

Oh well, welcome aboard there Jason_L

[This message has been edited by z edge (edited 05-04-2002).]

Robert Redford - 10
Sean Penn - 9
Brad Pitt - 7
Johnny Depp - 6
Tom Hanks - 10
Jimmy Stewart - 9
Russell Crowe - 10
Marlon Brando - 9
Robert De Niro - 10
Edward Norton - 9
Al Pacino - 9
Kevin Spacey - 9
Toby McGuire (sp) - 10
Harrison Ford - 9
Tom Cruise - 8
Robert Downey Jr - 10

Added a couple.

CK

[This message has been edited by Ty Willingham (edited 05-04-2002).]

Hi Jason_L and welcome to Interference!

Robert Redford-15
Sean Penn-6
Johnny Depp-6
Brad Pitt-8
Tom Hanks-20
Russel Crowe-15
Jimmy Stewart-20 He was from my hometown!
Marlon Brando-12
Robert DeNiro-15
edward Norton-8
Al Pacino-15
Kevin Spacey-10

Originally posted by tiny dancer:
Hi Jason_L and welcome to Interference!

Robert Redford-15
Sean Penn-6
Johnny Depp-6
Brad Pitt-8
Tom Hanks-20
Russel Crowe-15
Jimmy Stewart-20 He was from my hometown!
Marlon Brando-12
Robert DeNiro-15
edward Norton-8
Al Pacino-15
Kevin Spacey-10

I'm not sure if i understand your rating system
smile.gif
So if you are rating them out of twenty, then eight means bad right? Aah, thats why i said in the scale 1 to 10!
Don't mind me though, thatnks for the welcome!
smile.gif

Robert Redford 9 (longevity has really moved him up the list of great actors I think)

Sean Penn - 8.5 (only problem is, in a lot of films his performance is brilliant, but the film itself falls short)

Brad Pitt - 8 (still underrated as an actor, as he's still trying to shed that heart-throb image but doing a great job of it, I've liked just about every film he's done the last few years)

Johnny Depp - 7.5 (has had some great perfomances, but inconsistently)

Tom Hanks - 9.5 (I still would like to see him play some evil character at some point, I think that's the only thing he's never done)

Jimmy Stewart - ? (haven't seen much of his work)

Russell Crowe - ? (silly me, I haven't seen any of his movies!)

Marlon Brando - 9.5 (great in his prime, but an absolute disaster now)

Robert De Niro - 9.5 (as much as I love him, I'm a little skeptical of some of the film choices he's made of late, though I did love "Meet the Parents")

Edward Norton - 9 (he's played a lawyer, a nazi -- only to transform the character completely by the film's conclusion, a sichzophrenic, a thief/handicapped-retarded person all in one, a priest, an anarchist... you name it, he'll do it)

Al Pacino - 9 (great at certain characters and films, but doesn't have much versatility)

Kevin Spacey - 8.5 (consistently a very solid performer, but other than "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" and "American Beauty," he really hasn't done anything that spectacular)

Sean Penn - 9
Brad Pitt - 8
Johnny Depp - 7
Tom Hanks - 8
Jimmy Stewart - I know who he is and all, but I'm not sure I've ever seen any of his movies
Russell Crowe - 9
Marlon Brando - 6
Robert De Niro - 9
Edward Norton - 8
Al Pacino - 7
Kevin Spacey - 9

A "10" would mean absolute perfection in every single movie. None of them have accomplished that, though the "9's" have come really close. Hey, The Wanderer since you haven't seen any Russell Crowe movies, may I suggest renting LA Confidential, Mystery Alaksa and The Insider. Three entirely different roles done beautifully.

Robert Redford 7.8 He's an incredible film presence and a legend at what he was good at, but I don't think he ever truly stretched himself as an actor. He does a brilliant job of playing Robert Redford.

Sean Penn 8 Brilliant actor but his films are never all that remarkable which lets him down

Brad Pitt 7.5 Along with Leonardo DiCaprio, a great actor who isn't given a chance because of his looks. I think he could amaze us in years to come.

Johnny Depp 6.8 I think hes over rated to be honest. Ive seen some great performances but sometimes I think he tries to hard to be arty.

Tom Hanks 8 Tom is in the same league as Harrison Ford and Robert Redord. They do what they do brilliantly, but have never shown us how they cope with a big stretch of characters. Maybe Im being a little harsh here as he was stretched with Forrest Gump and the charcter in Philadelphia, I just wish we'd see some deeper more conplex characters. I feel the same way about Harrison Ford who is my fave actor.

Jimmy Stewart 7 He was great at playing himself again, as were all those old time actors. Im harsh I know but I have a thing about developing characters.

Russell Crowe 9 Just watch Romper Stomper. I am not a huge Russell fan but I think hes an incredible actor.

Marlon Brando 8.7 Mr Method, incredible
Robert De Niro 9.5 All time great. The man is a genius. I love him doing comedy actually. Meet the Parents and Analyze This were fabulous.

Edward Norton 9 What a talent. He is going to just astound us as he gets older. Now Edward is a true character actor. Sigh...brilliant

Al Pacino 9 Again like De Niro, so wonderfully adaptable and capable, he can make scenes come alive.

Kevin Spacey 8.9 The man is a god of acting.

Harrison Ford, Gregory Peck, Leonardo DiCaprio, Steven Dorff, Ralph and Joseph Fiennes and Jude Law should be in this list.

------------------
I am a cowgirl of funk

*Last Train to Bono*

How strange. I rated a list of actors almost identical to this one at a Madonna forum. Anyway...

Robert Redford 6
Sean Penn 8
Brad Pitt 5
Johnny Depp 7
Tom Hanks 8
Jimmy Stewart 10
Russell Crowe 9
Marlon Brando 10
Robert De Niro 7
Edward Norton 8
Al Pacino 5
Kevin Spacey 9

------------------
Pink elephants and lemonade.
Dear Jessie, hear the laughter running through the love parade.

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers: Emily's Wallpapers

Robert Redford 7
Sean Penn 8
Brad Pitt 6
Johnny Depp 7
Tom Hanks 7
Jimmy Stewart 9
Russell Crowe 7
Marlon Brando 9
Robert De Niro 9
Edward Norton 8
Al Pacino 9
Kevin Spacey 9

Robert Redford - hm, I've not seen him in enough movies to rate him as an actor.
Sean Penn - 10 +!! One of the best actors in the world.
Brad Pitt -6
Johnny Depp -8
Tom Hanks -8
Jimmy Stewart - who?
smile.gif

Russell Crowe - 6
Marlon Brando - 10
Robert De Niro - 9
Edward Norton - 9.5
Al Pacino -9
Kevin Spacey - 10

there's my list
smile.gif

Originally posted by Jason_L:
I'm not sure if i understand your rating system
smile.gif
So if you are rating them out of twenty, then eight means bad right? Aah, thats why i said in the scale 1 to 10!
Don't mind me though, thatnks for the welcome!
smile.gif

Well on mine I still consider 1-10 in the manner you referred to, but I had to give De Niro, Pacino, and Stewart higher because they RULE!

Esp De Niro!
and
The Wanderer, did you not like 'Analyze This'? Though not his best work by far, shows he can do comedy
biggrin.gif

Heat was a double blessing with the both of them.
'Sleepers' (i think thats it) was a great yet small performance.

Robert Redford- 9
Sean Penn- 9
Brad Pitt- 8 he could be James Dean! ...in a movie.
Johnny Depp- 7
Tom Hanks- 9
Jimmy Stewart- 8
Russell Crowe- 9
Marlon Brando- 10 *his old stuff, I mean*
Robert De Niro- 9
Edward Norton- 6
Al Pacino- 8
Kevin Spacey- 7

Originally posted by PrincessBadgirl:

Brad Pitt- 8 he could be James Dean! ...in a movie.

Yes i'm sure he would do a fairly decent job at it, but he's not quite like James Dean though!

Robert Redford
Sean Penn
Brad Pitt
Johnny Depp
Tom Hanks
Jimmy Stewart
Russell Crowe
Marlon Brando
Robert De Niro
Edward Norton
Al Pacino
Kevin Spacey

Thanks![/B]
Well, robert redford:i can appreciate that hes a v.good actor, but hes never done anything for me(plus,i could never understand how, in Butch Cassidy&the Sundance Kid, she picked him over Paul Newman! i mean whats that about atall?!)soo,7

Dont know enough about Sean Penn to talk about him, but i guess around 5 1/2

brad pitt: always thought he was just a pretty boy(even though i d idnt think so) but after seeing films like Se7en, Meet JOe Black etc,i gotta admit, the boy can act!8

Johnny Depp:never gonna be one of the greats.good in E scissorhands tho.8

Tom Hanks: one of my favouritist actors ever!my joint favourite MODERN actor,along with Liam Neeson,im not gonna talk about him cuz i wont be able to stop!100000

Jimmy Stewart:love him in Harvey.7

Russell Crowe:dont see all the fuss about his looks,and hes not a nice person in real life(from what i know)but really was FANTASTIC in A Beautiful Mind.9

Marlon Brando:really dont like him.From the 50`s trio of Brando, Clift and Dean(poor Newman didnt get in til later)Dean is my fave(my joint fave of all time) i really like Clift(v.sad) and really HATE Brando

This is gettin a bit long,so i like the last 4, have no strong feelings either way!

Back
Top Bottom