how will YOU survive without hockey?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GibsonGirl

ONE love, blood, life
With the hockey season out indefinitely, how are you going to get your usual hockey fix? To be honest, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. And if things aren't sorted out by April, I'm going to be even more lost. What's April without the playoffs? NOTHING!

So in order to fill this hockey void, I'll probably end up watching more local games than I usually do. In the past, I've blown off the local teams completely, especially if they happened to clash with any NHL games on TV. In this sense, the lockout might have one positive effect - it could get people out of their living rooms and into their community's hockey rink.

I might finally get off my ass and attend some DU games. :up:

But then again, I probably won't because no one will take me. Just like every other season. :|

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
seeing as i haven't sat down and watched an entire hockey game from begining to end since the early 90s... i don't think the lockout will bother me that much :shrug:

BLASPHEMY!

AvsGirl41 said:
I might finally get off my ass and attend some DU games. :up:

But then again, I probably won't because no one will take me. Just like every other season. :|

If I lived in Denver, I'd take you to hockey...but sadly I don't. I wouldn't mind taking an attractive lady like yourself to of all things a hockey game....that would be sweet!

ive been to one nhl game in my life. whalers vs blues.

since then, i havent watched a hockey game in person or on tv

Oh, I forgot to mention my other way of surviving - by playing NHL 2004 on my PC!

canadiens.jpg

kovalev1.jpg

nymarkov1.jpg

perreault1.jpg

theo1.jpg

DaveC said:
Too bad you're going to lose with the Canadiens.

You sould be playing with a real team, like Toronto.

:wink:

I wouldn't exactly say that... :wink:

standings.jpg

Sure, it's only a lead of 6 points, but it's a lead!

Edgeman said:

If I lived in Denver, I'd take you to hockey...but sadly I don't. I wouldn't mind taking an attractive lady like yourself to of all things a hockey game....that would be sweet!

:sexywink: :flirt:

Ooooh, I forgot about my NHL video games. I must dig them out....

GibsonGirl said:

Curling is beyond weird.

I'm not a curler, but from what I can tell it's pretty hard. The rock weighs something like 42 pounds. And scraping the ice to get the rock to slow down/curve looks like it takes some real skill.

Nice choice Gibsongirl, the Habs rule!!

Luckily here in Canada (on cable anyway), they're playing repeats of past NHL games, that should keep us occupied for a while! :)

ladywithspinninghead said:
Nice choice Gibsongirl, the Habs rule!!

Luckily here in Canada (on cable anyway), they're playing repeats of past NHL games, that should keep us occupied for a while! :)

Yep! They've got plenty of classic games playing on ESPN Classic Canada and NHL Network... Loads of Habs games from the 70's to keep me happy. :drool: There's something magical about watching Guy Lafleur score goals, that's for sure. Even more magical than watching them raise that cup...

Plus there's some minor league hockey that comes on TSN sometimes, but it's rather boring. :|

Back
Top Bottom