How/why did you choose your user name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indra

ONE love, blood, life
So how and/or why did you pick the user name you have?

Mine is indra, and part of the reason I chose it is because I'd just had a great conversation in chat (not the one attached to this site) with someone who used that as his nick, so it had good connotations for me. I also liked the sound of it, and I was trying to do a bit of gender-bending, but that didn't really work, as it seems to be feminine to most people here (see below for a bit about Indra).

In Vedic times, Indra was the supreme ruler of the gods. He was the leader of the Devas, the god of war, the god of thunder and storms, the greatest of all warriors, the strongest of all beings. He was the defender of gods and mankind against the forces of evil. He had early aspects of a sun-god, riding in a golden chariot across the heavens, but he is more often known as the god of thunder, wielding the celestial weapon Vajra, the lightening bolt. He also employs the bow, a net, and a hook in battle. He shows aspects of being a creater god, having set order to the cosmos, and since he was the one who brought water to earth, he was a fertility god as well. He also had the power to revive slain warriors who had fallen in battle.

about Indra

my name sucks dog balls, but it was my first and says "registered: june 2000" which is like totally aewsewomseome!!!1 MAOM!!!!LM!O!O!!OOO!!!!!!!

beli said:
I have had gender bender confusion though. A number of people have thought I was an Eastern European boy. :|

well, on another site I've had people think I am an Australian male...and my user name there is miloguidosmom... :D I think they must have been smokin' something good!

When I was computer illiterate, my friend set up my first email account for me and picked a username of Menomineechick, Menominee being our hometown. I did not like it. Eventually, I got a new account, and since Bono is my favorite member of U2, I switched out Menominee for Bono...Bonochick.

Well I wanted The Fly like I have on some other forums, but I only joined here recently and it was taken. As I joined on the day when Vertigo was coming on the radio for the first time I just combined the two to make "Vertigo Fly" lol. Kinda a rushed name but it's Ok :)

I'm not very creative - 'blue eyes' b/c I have blue eyes, & 123 on the end b/c blue eyes was already taken. I use blue eyes for most of my accounts.

Well, what can I say? I'm using this nickname on various forums and mailing lists since 1997, when I got an email address like that. It's a combination of my name (Martijn) and Popmart.

Easy, not? :wink:

"Vert" is Old French for green and is used in heraldry. I put an "e" on the end to make it feminine. 76 represents 1776, my country's birth year.

my oldest friend nicknamed me Doozer about 20 years ago and she is the only one that calls me that, along with some variations of it -- Doodle, Doozie, etc. The 61 is the year I was born. :D

My original username was bono-vox - I picked it because I didn't think I would stay here that long. When it turned out I had been sucked into the blue crack I picked this one. Mu real name is Laura but lots of folk call me Lara and I like Mr Mullen. :up:

MissMaCo said:

and most of all... I miss my cow :sad:

:laugh:

When I was in high school I was lamenting the fact that I never had a nickname (my name is Megan), so a friend gave me the name meegannie. No one actually calls me that in real-life (except for my father-in-law sometimes but he gives everyone random nicknames!), but it's a username that's not too long for most websites and something that no one else uses, so that's why I use it here. :shrug:

my brother was visiting from new york the night i registered. we were really drunk and we wanted to look at your profiles.

:shifty:

i needed something quick, and that was as creative as i could get after that much smirnoff. 84 is the year i became a fan. i never, in a million years, thought that this place would become such a huge part of my life.

i considered changing my name a couple years ago, but then icelle called me bg and that was that. and now (thanks to jeff) it's evolved into beegee, or beeegeeeee, depending on how drunk you are, and i love it.

how could i be anything but beegee? :D

"GibsonGirl" was my old nickname from Zootopia, so I decided to use it here when the place took a ride on the cuckoo train. People - both here and at the old Zootopia - often misinterpret(ed) the name completely.

To set the record straight, while I do think Mel Gibson is sex on legs, I would never want to be his girl. SO PEOPLE, STOP THINKING THAT I DO. :mad:

I like Gibson guitars. I'm a girl. Put the two together, and what do you get? GibsonGirl. Ta-da!

:D

I've been married to Char for 9 years.
She has changed her name to Bono's American Wife..
I've changed my name to Mr. Bono's American Wife...
I've shortened it to Mr. BAW....:wave:

I considered other names but Mr. Bono's Mexican Husband just didn't fly, neither did Mr. BMH. :yuck:

We've left room for our 17-year old, Son of a BAW, (soon to appear!)...maybe SOB or Little SOB...we don't know...:lol:

Last edited:
I am a petite woman who loves the passion of dance. I always wanted to be a ballerina, and did take dance in my younger years. Because of my height my dream never came true. But all and all that's life.

Back
Top Bottom