How/why did you choose your user name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a combination of a very very late night, a football (soccer) match that was on earlier during the day and the fact that I didn't think I'll ever post here in the first place, resulted in bayernfc (for a now mediocre football club). :|

And no, it's not after Bayer's Aspirin.

Last edited:
I took my name from Cypress Hill Dj Muggs :bow: :love:

0303_muggs_d.jpg

so i just wrote a "Y" at the end :D

Last edited:
Its the meaning of my name.

Last edited:
I love U2 and I live in the San Fernando Valley of California. So I'm u2valleygirl. Like some of you, it was really late at night and I had to think of something fast.

my name is a shortened version of my usual cyber-space alter ego, dandygaga. it got shortened to dandy here because my email messed up when i first tried to register. i didn't have the patience or desire to contact the mods to get it straightened out, so i just re-registered with this name.

why dandygaga? it's a running joke with one of my oldest friends. she used to work at a coffeeshop back in the late 80s (back before the european coffee mania hit canada), and her work had a contest for this fancy ass cappucino/espresso machine with some crazy italian name that we could never pronounce or remember properly, so we just called it the dandygaga (it was something along those lines....). when i entered cyber-world, i went with it because i wasn't apt to forget the name, and because it wasn't already taken by everyone else.

like most things in my life, it needs a long winded explanation...

Last edited:
There's an instrumental track by Depeche Mode called "Easy Tiger". I thought the title sounded cool.

And there are the many derivatives: simplekitten, easycheetah, challenginghousecat, easypussy, sluttykitten, junglecatwhoisnotdifficult... :|

kobayashi is the pragmatic lawyer for kaiser sose in the film 'the usual suspects'.

and 'the usual suspects' is a good movie.

and kobayashi sounds cool.

I'm a big Audrey Hepburn fan. On my wall in my living room, I have a giant still from her infamous movie, "Breakfast at Tiffany's" in which she plays the unforgettable Holly Golightly. Hence, Golightly. Grrl is just an alternative to girl.

I chose my name while living in Georgia. I was in grad school and was missing my home state of Oklahoma. I wanted a name that was U2 related and Oklahoma related, so I chose "Heartland," as many people consider Oklahoma to be part of the American heartland, and I love the song. I put "Girl" on the end because I was new to messages boards, and it seemed to be a popular thing to do. :wink: My friends on here call me HG or HLG, which I like. :)

Because I liked the Colorado Avalanche and was dumb enough to proclaim it in my screen name. I have regretted it ever since last season. :|

dsmith2904 was my old AOL screenname. I tried to choose something else, it wasn't available, so they assigned me that based on my name. I've since taken the name with me wherever I go because it's easy to remember.

Many moons ago when I first became a U2 fan I held my breath and waited for their first tour of my fandom....to my dismay it didn't come to America! It was the Lovetown tour hehe.

Also my memories of that tour via Propaganda are some of my most vivid and cherished ones of my long running love of U2.

And, well. LoveTown just kinda gives off good vibes :)

Last edited:
Of course everyone knows I love U2 and cats. When I made the name, my cat had just had kittens in a box beside the computer. So that's where it came from.

I used to go by SicilianGoddess long ago.. and people just started calling me Sicy and I thought it was cute so it stuck!

Mine's based on wishful thinking!! :reject:
Your Blue Room is such a seductive, intoxicating song - I remember thinking the first time I heard it, "Damn!! I wish I was the girl he's singing to in that room!!" Ergo, when I found this site.... :wink: And considering how much time I spend here now, in the House of Blue Crack, seems I've grown into the name very well!! :lmao:

Last edited:
Well, I love Larry Mullen Jr. and the first time I saw U2 live was during the Popmart tour. Larry wore a shirt that said "hitman" on the front and in interviews, he would say that he "hits things for a living", so I thought it would be a cool nickname.

It's also part of my e-mail address, so in chat rooms or e-mails that aren't U2-related, I sometimes have to do some explaining about how I"M NOT AN ACTUAL HITMAN :rolleyes: (why would anyone advertise that anyway?). I'm also NOT a man either!

So, in conclusion:
Not a hitman
Not a man
:love: Larry is a hottie! :drool:

I picked mine based on my last name. I was thinking of Blue Sky, after Bullet also but I thought BR sounded better. BR is not even one of my favorite U2 songs!! :lol: Most people think I picked it because its my favorite or something. Not the case at all.

Back
Top Bottom