How/why did you choose your avatar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
To go with the username thread, I decided to start this one. Some of y'all have very unique avatars, and I would like to know why, and the significance of them.

I think mine is self explanitory......John Edwards.......:drool:

And it weirds me out :wink: , which one have I got again, Zapp Brannigan or Nixon. Oh right heart suitcase, it has a meaning I am sure of it.

That would be self absorbed and posessive on my part, you use whoever you like (just not Hillary or Reno :wink: )

I used to change mine all the time and now I'm just lazy.

I wanted a sexy chick as an avatar for a change. And Nicole Kidman and I have the same color hair. :wink:

Gymnastics is my favorite thing ever; Carly Patterson has been a favorite of mine for four years now. Also, people used to always think I was a guy so having the gymnast is a bit more female.

I actually just changed mine...my old one was a black and white picture of Ryan Adams with a cigarette and his eyes closed. It's one of my favorite pictures of him.

The one I have now is Ryan's self-portrait...when he wrote to me, he drew that next to his signature. :cute: I might switch back to my old one again though...I can't decide! :lol:

I just changed mine. It's a boy whose picture I took when I was on vacation, and a group of us went to a primary school to bring them some school supplies and money for hurricane relief.

Mine is one of the greatest pics of Edge ever. I was totally wowed by it when I first saw it, asked someone to make me an avatar (a couple of people volunteered but I believe BostonAnne actually made it) and I've had it ever since. The first avatar I had was Edge in the studio room with all the guitars that I think Arun still uses (also a fantastic pic of Edge).

I made it from a still from IGWSHA from Pleba; it's similar to the gesture I make when I've said something I realize was kinda stupid (not that it happens frequently or anything...:shifty: )

From my first time seeing UF in NYC...

I still think I look like Barney in that purple sweater..

well my first one was a little red flying dragon. My Chinese birthsign is a fire dragon, that's why I picked that.

My current one, well I think it's easy to figure out :wink:

Mine is a picture my friend Marie shot at the 10-16-01 Chicago show of Edge. I was about 2 feet away from her when she shot it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom