How/why did you choose your avatar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ed O'Brien....

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Mine has only been either him or Larry.

Last edited:
karmic_postmark said:

Anitram, I couldn't even tell that was him in your old avatar and I always wondered who it was :laugh:
GoranVisnjic09.jpg
:drool:

:drool:

I'll miss your avatar, anitram.

Maybe I'll have to replace mine so we'll always have him around. :sexywink:

I was browsing around the Net one day, looking for something to replace a Calvin and Hobbes avatar. I don't really remember what made me choose this, but the size fit, and it has some reference to my screen name, so I picked it. It also stood out from the threads.
But I'm looking for something else now. It does look kind of boring and uncreative doesn't it?

Mine is a picture of my dog, Nebo, balancing a lemon on his nose. I always end up using pics of my dog for avatars, and I figured the lemon pic would be a bit more fitting for a U2 forum.

Needle Chill, you can go to User CP (at the top of the page) then click on edit options, scroll down to the bottom of the page, click 'change avatar', and there will be a a place where you can choose a new avatar from a list where you can see the pictures. Click the box beside the one you want and then click submit changes and the new one should show up.

Last edited:
Mine was one of the Muppets penguins, but now it's the French actor Mathieu Kassovitz (probably best well-known in the US for playing Nino in Amélie). :drool:

My avatar is the first painting I sold at the studio, just last year. It's a reaction to the horrific terrorist attacks in Istanbul; the imagery is supposed to show that fascinating city, which is the only city on the planet that's on two continents.

I felt my avatar accurately represented my mental state after having read thread after thread of rumors during the "beach clip era" of the board.
I now feel it represents my mental state after reading thread after thread of the same thing posted by people who choose to not actually read anything on the board and post a load of new topics even though there are already 3 or more threads for what they're going to say, or they just post something stupid trying to stir crap up...

**oh! lookie! there's another Athenian on the board!:wave:

U2dork said:
I felt my avatar accurately represented my mental state after having read thread after thread of rumors during the "beach clip era" of the board.
I now feel it represents my mental state after reading thread after thread of the same thing posted by people who choose to not actually read anything on the board and post a load of new topics even though there are already 3 or more threads for what they're going to say, or they just post something stupid trying to stir crap up...

:lmao:

i know how you feel.

beaker is my favourite, now for a totally different reason. :up:

Back
Top Bottom