How well do you know geography?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it really depends on the order in which you get the states. The second time I did it, I got them all right because I started with the east coast instead of the midwest.

There's a Europe quiz at http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/European_Geography.htm (the intermediate one is the same format as the US one) I somehow managed to get 98% on that one too, but again, I think it was luck of the draw as I got Croatia and Poland early on, and those made most of the other countries easy to place for me. :shrug:

I got 94%, 3 mistakes with an error of 6 miles, but this was not because I didn't know them, I know them ALL and most cities in them too. They gave me Arkansas and Colorado first and it was hard to place them exactly right on the bare map even though I know their location. Then I dropped Oklahoma when the cat jumped on my keyboard and my mouse dropped it :scream: But really, am a state fanatic and I would never miss any on a test.

american quiz: 45/50, 90%, average error of 52 miles. not bad for a canadian, eh? :wink:

europe: 37/44, 84%, average error 111 miles. stupid lichtenstein and san marino in my first countries to place. :mad:

fun stuff!

US: 84%, average error 30 miles

Europe: 41%, average error 680 miles
i think my mouse was a little more sensitive on the european one, sometimes the country would turn red before i even let go of the mouse, i think i really made more like 50% not that it really matters :mad:

45/50 90% avg error 20 miles.
The first few states make a difference, it started me with Oklahoma, I know where it goes but didn't nail it exactly as I just had to place it somewhwere above Texas and hope I lined it up right...if you get coastal states first its much easier.

US: 48/50 96% Avg Error 9 Miles (missed Arkansas by a lot and Nevada by the tiniest amount)
Europe: 44/44 100% Avg Error 0 Miles (i pwnz0rz euro geography :wink: )

US: 98% 49/50, I got Iowa to start out with and missed it barely, average error 2 miles.

it really depends on which you start out with though.

i'll do the europe one later.

92%, 12 miles. I had to do Colorado and Wyoming without any states they touch! :mad: I got 100% in another try though.

U.S. Score: 94% 46/50
average error--6 miles
Europe Score (level 3): 98% 44/45
average error--11 miles

I'm a map fanatic. I've been fiendishly fond of maps since childhood, European maps in particular, for some reason since I'm from the U.S. I screwed up on four states; then in Europe I botched with Malta. I'm going to try the harder European one.

verte76 said:
I've been fiendishly fond of maps since childhood

I used to be as well. I was never very artistic so at daycare, we'd get these posterboards to paint and I would always copy mapes freehand from the encyclopedia. I can't draw on my own, but it's scary how well I can copy-to-scale!

america: 92%, average of 15 miles, 261 seconds...i didn't know it was timing me... i attribute that to the fact that it started with missouri and iowa :madspit:

europe: you don't even want to know. but they started me with andorra and FYROM, two countries i didn't even know existed :huh:

edit: that was europe leve 3 (62%)...i got a 72% on level 4 :huh:

Last edited:
70%, with an average error of 70 miles.

Clearly I need to study my Eastern seaboard more.

And actually, it's a little unfair, I accidentally let go of Texas and Alaska before sticking them exactly and it docked me. :mad:

Man, it's too sensitive. So I clicked on the *border* of Serbia instead of the middle. :mad: 35/44 on Europe...

This is more useful than my Geography class.

You know you're in the shitter when they give you Kansas to start with.

98% with an avg. error of 9 miles on U.S.A.

I guess that A.P. Geography class is paying off

U2Kitten said:
I got 94%, 3 mistakes with an error of 6 miles, but this was not because I didn't know them, I know them ALL and most cities in them too. They gave me Arkansas and Colorado first and it was hard to place them exactly right on the bare map even though I know their location. Then I dropped Oklahoma when the cat jumped on my keyboard and my mouse dropped it :scream: But really, am a state fanatic and I would never miss any on a test.
:lol: Same thing happened to me...I got Nebraska first and I know where Nebraska is but not EXACTLY! I dropped Alabama like a centimeter over the already-placed Mississippi and they said it was wrong. :mad:

88%, 34 miles! That was fun in a nightmares-of-7th-grade-geography-quizzes sort of way...

IWasBored said:

europe: you don't even want to know. but they started me with andorra and FYROM, two countries i didn't even know existed :huh:

FYROM is (Former Yugoslav Republic Of) Macedonia, if that makes things any clearer. :)

Back
Top Bottom