How should I get my haircut?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
Interferencers...I need your help!

I can't decide how I should get my hair cut. :shrug: I thought about getting just a trim, but I want it to look nice since I'm going to my cousin's wedding the end of this month.

I usually like a paige boy or bob-style haircut. I'm possibly leaning towards something a little different, but I still want something simple, doesn't take a lot of styling. I just like to blow-dry my hair and go.

Here's a pic of what I look like now...

334%3B49%3A323232%7Ffp34%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A6%3D42%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C4%3A69%3A45ot1lsi

So pleze help me decide!

Post any pics or ideas you might have!!! (preferrably pics :D)

Thanks!

Re: shave it

I agree with Sicy you should dye it lighter, but I'm not so sure about the perm! :huh:

Something totally different:

model_21.JPG

Something spunky ala Halle Berry:

halleberry1.jpg

Take a pic :

cyber3.jpg

Or just cut it to resemble Ali Hewson! hehehe

Last edited:
Re: Re: shave it

SweetOnU2 said:
Or just cut it to resemble Ali Hewson! hehehe

I did that last time!!! I kid ye not! I actually took a pic of ali to the hairstylist :silent:

ABEL~

I think something like that 021 pic that Monica posted would be cute!

I think I need to get a haircut too...it's a little longer than this length right now...

Winhome.jpg

But I'm afraid because it's finally grown out so long...2 years ago, I had it cut too short, and I cried forever. But I feel like I need somethin' different...but I do like my long hair.

Blarg! :scream:

Last edited:
oh ABEL colour is brilliant!!! You really should consider red or blonde highlights :D
I'd go for a cut up into your hair over your ears and put red in.
I once thought purple was a lovely colour and somehow managed to meet a fella that same night. We got married a while after. Be daring! you never know what will happen to you after doing such a small thing :D

Same with you miss BC :evil: Go for a shoulder length with foils...

*opens up a salon in LS where no one is interested anyway in her opinions :D*

ABEL said:
Interferencers...I need your help!

I can't decide how I should get my hair cut. :shrug: I thought about getting just a trim, but I want it to look nice since I'm going to my cousin's wedding the end of this month.

I usually like a paige boy or bob-style haircut. I'm possibly leaning towards something a little different, but I still want something simple, doesn't take a lot of styling. I just like to blow-dry my hair and go.

Here's a pic of what I look like now...

334%3B49%3A323232%7Ffp34%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A6%3D42%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C4%3A69%3A45ot1lsi

So pleze help me decide!

Post any pics or ideas you might have!!! (preferrably pics :D)

Thanks!

yeah light it up lighten it up

Abel, I think your hair would look good with a cut kind of like the 021 pic, but a little shorter and more layers around the face and light layering at the ends and your bangs kind of brushed to the side (I have bangs, too, by the way. I wish I could grow them out, but my face is too round without them!).

I think highlights would look good too, or even a temporary dye like Casting just to make your colour a little brighter. Then again, I used to be a hair dye addict. ;)

I have to say too, that I TOTALLY want that short red hair w/ blonde highlights. Short hair is SO hard to take care of on me, though! :sad:

meegannie said:
I have to say too, that I TOTALLY want that short red hair w/ blonde highlights. Short hair is SO hard to take care of on me, though! :sad:

Please meegannie, don?t get short hair. You would not look awful with it, but it would kill some of your female charme. Please don?t do it. Your hair is beautiful you are beautiful stay like you are.

Do u wanna hear my hair story?

Keep it long ABEL!!! Enjoy it while it lasts.
I have had long hair since I started primary (except for a Bowie type red spike in Y8...it grew back quickly)
But**sniff sniif**
I have found out the reason why women get their hair cut short when they turn 40. Should I tell? is this sacred knowledge? It has started to go grey( and the grey hairs is so diffrent to the other hair, really has a mind of it's own) I have to/want to dye my hair now, and it just is a matter of economics...longer the more expensive.

A woman who hadn't seen me for a while...first thing she said the other day "you've had all your hair chopped off" *sniff sniff*

Hub bought a fund-raising voucher book from the local Christian radio station...full of freebies, a lot of them hair salons. I have never been so trimmed ,conditioned, waxed and pampered in my life...plus the bonus of meeting nice people...deadset, the truly extraordinarily joyous thing I witnessed in the hair dresser the other day..but that's another story.
I just had foils put in...never again!!! My hair is too dry for bleaching.....so I'm in search of THE low maintenence, suitable hairstyle myself ABEL. Think I need a fringe
Good luck.

One quick story...I finally let my son get his hair plaited. We found a salon called "THE EDGE" that did corn rows.(no U2 fans there..I checked):)

Re: Do u wanna hear my hair story?

cass said:
One quick story...I finally let my son get his hair plaited. We found a salon called "THE EDGE" that did corn rows.(no U2 fans there..I checked):)

:lol:

Re: I agree with Sicey

z edge said:
Shave it bald :madspit:

:angry: :larry:

:madspit: right back at ya :sexywink:

My best friend and her husband shaved their heads bald a couple years ago, kinda just for fun, but they also donated their hair to one of those places that makes wigs for cancer victims.

They looked pretty funny, lol :eeklaugh:

you should go for highlights at least Abel....they're usually not as drastic as you think (that's of course unless you want them to be). i think highlights and a short "sassy" cut would do you well. most women, i find, don't look as good with a short haircut (i sure as heck know i can't pull it off from experience)...but certain women are exceptions. you have relatively thin hair (it appears)...and a short, layered haircut might give you more volume and open up your face.
good luck :)

Did you see that?
Gomez's Hamburger?!!!
There is a Nasa photo in our local newspaper today. I find it a bit unsettling...lol hmmm what do you reckon?

If at some point you do take up zedge's suggestion ( I have been tempted at times on a serious bad hair day) let me knit you a beanie.

seriously check out that thing ,it's a star on it's way to becoming a nebula. The Hubble telescope took the pic. I heard the funniest Hubble telescope joke the other day... and I thought of you.

PS: I was over-reacting before in this post, probably due to my to recent....loss...of hair and youth::D Layers and streaks do look good. go all out for the wedding. Have a splendid time. Best wishes to the bride and groom. Cheers

lol cass, no I haven't seen it, but I will look into it :lol:

I'd never really considered highlights before, but if I ever did get highlights, I'd get red, cuz I've got red highlights in my hair already, so I'd get something to emphasize those...However, this time, for the wedding I don't think I'll do the highlights or anything too drastic...I'd hate to get something I didn't like, and then have to wear a beanie to the wedding :ohmy: :lol:

I found this pic, I was considering something like this, except with bangs, I gotta have bangs...what do y'all think of this?

334%3B586723232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A6%3D42%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C73976%3C7ot1lsi

Last edited:
ABEL honey, I can see you are cursed with baby fine, thin, pin straight hair like me :grumpy: :lemon: :slant:

Shoulder length is good, keep the length but put in some long layers all over for movement ('swing') and volume when you blow dry. Have the haidresser put some shape in the layers around your face and neck...make em whispy as well as your bangs...longer bangs and whispy...easy to blow dry and go, just use a round brush.

Now colour...foils are a must...red is a good idea as many have suggested...helps accentuate the cut and brighten up your face. The other great benefit is that a little colour adds some body and volume.

AND...a wedding is the perfect time to be bold...:cool: :up: :tongue:

GO FOR IT!!!!!!

LMAO@"cursed"......I know exactly what you mean Ali.
I have beens searching for a pic too ABEL.
How about this?

Attachments

• mmmmmadam.jpg
    mmmmmadam.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
well I got my haircut today :lol:

I guess it doesnt look that much different than what I had before...I took the picture I posted earlier along, the one with the layers, and it wasn't until after I got home that i noticed she didn't layer it quite as much as in the pic. But that's ok, I still like it. I'll try something more different, or tell her to layer it more next time.

here I am :yes: :lol:

334%3B64%3B523232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3A6%3D42%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C7526669ot1lsi

MOHAWK!!!!

chicks dig it man...
and by chicks I mean me.
Don't you want to be on the ham's good side?

Noti before I even opened this thread I knew that's what you were going to say.

Sicy said:
Cute ABEL.

Looks like it has more body.

thanks Sicy...I said that too, that it looks like it has more body is exactly what I told the hair stylist :lol:

Back
Top Bottom