How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa Claus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Hewson-So then who is that guy in the mall who wanted me to sit on his lap?"
Michael Jackson? did he offer you a beer?
Apparently Santa was driving a taxi in Grafton 2 nights ago. Times are tough.
I know I was a bit peeved when I realised I had fallen for the Santa story. In a way though it was good to realise he was only human, because up until I was about 5 years old he would annually scare the daylights out of me.Somewhere there is a photo of Jolly old santa, my 3 older sisters and me, about 2 years old and just on the verge of screaming in terror.:scream:
The whole expose of the Santa thing kinda resolved the issues I had with my sister blantantly claiming she had seen easter bunny in our room. That realisation kinda coloured everything she told me after that.

Truth is ...out there.

I was jaded about pretty much everything before I started 1st grade. I knew there couldn't be a Santa Claus when some kids got shiny new bicycles and mini-bake ovens while others only got a new box of crayons and a coloring book. It just didn't add up.

My son's preschool teacher is Finnish
So somewhere I have a letter that Santa sent from there. He has a different name, can't recall it right now. So just maybe........

There is a special box for letters to santa in the post office in town. I almost sent him one last week...about a puppy.

Bonochick said:
I never miss a chance to remind Dad about what a monster he is for having lied to his precious children...telling us there was a Santa Claus...;)

Dad: Honey, have I ever lied to you?

BC: Well...there WAS that whole Santa Claus thing...

Dad: Are you ever going to get over that? All parents do it!

BC: That doesn't make it right!!!!!

:laugh:

:heart: Dad :heart:

You sound just like my brother! He brings this up every Christmas. He claims having been lied to about Santa made him distrust everyone. :wink:

I believed in Santa until I was around 9 or 10. I think I got suspicious when I noticed the paper used to wrap presents from Santa was the same as some paper that I saw stashed in a corner of the closet. And then I overhead my parents talking about which gifts they bought were going to be marked from them and which ones were going to be marked from Santa. I felt kind of sad, but I can't say I was devastated. I didn't let on I had figured out the truth - I'm not sure if I just wasn't ready to give up that last bit of my childhood or if I was just afraid of getting less presents! Anyway, the following Christmas my mom broke the news to me that there wasn't any Santa - and I said I kind of thought there wasn't. And then I got to help keep the secret from my little sister, which was fun.

I never believed in Santa :reject:

I did believe in the Tooth Fairy for a while though... until I saw my mom sneaking 50 cents under my pillow

daisy believes in santa. i tell her im his assistant. she tells me to make sure i tell him she wants a guitar for christmas.

Back
Top Bottom