How Old School are you? (Interference wise)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
Memory thread:

Remember when I beat AchtungBubba to 2000 posts and I was the #1 poster, he was ticked off at me. And then I lost most of them anyway somewhere along the line, who knows what my real count is.

In other news, finals are almost here and it's time to fool around and procrastinate. Sound off.

I remember big post-count messup back in the day. Don't remember you beating bubba. I do remember Skeek posting insanely many posts in the old school era (maybe even over 2000!!!! ;) )....and rougerum was the bad guy, though I liked him....

i too remember the big post count mess-up. can't remember if or how many posts i lost.

i remember the big switch-over too. one forum :hyper: what a trip. i also remember fym being closed for a while because some people forgot how to argue respectfully.

i also remember back when io's threads were numbered :mad:

i remember rougerum. he was interesting. very cool to chat with at one time. i was sad to see him go.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I remember when people actually used the chat.
me too! that was what prevented me from getting addicted to the blue crack earlier. i still was going in chat all the time. now over the past couple years i've popped in there and no one is there..

KhanadaRhodes said:

me too! that was what prevented me from getting addicted to the blue crack earlier. i still was going in chat all the time. now over the past couple years i've popped in there and no one is there..

I remember the days of chat as well and when you weren't a mod yet! The Duran Duran jokes, when Achtung Bebe (?) was pulled on stage... the old days. I don't know how any of my class work was done.

J-Tree said:
I remember the days of chat as well and when you weren't a mod yet! The Duran Duran jokes, when Achtung Bebe (?) was pulled on stage... the old days. I don't know how any of my class work was done.
:yes: i remember all the simon jokes, especially. 2001 simon... :giggle:

i also remember posting a thread in pleba with pics of john and nick. :drool:

i was around this place since back in 1998..... in the days of the Etch-a-Sketch design! when there was no chat and a threaded forum page. my how we've grown. ;)

I remember those purple (?) cocktail glasses on the background. I actually remember a lot, from way before I joined too.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i also remember fym being closed for a while because some people forgot how to argue respectfully.

i also remember back when io's threads were numbered :mad:

I remember those.

I remember when bang and the clatter was called yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon or something like that and there were few (or maybe any?) subforums.

icelle said:
i remember rougerum. he was interesting. very cool to chat with at one time. i was sad to see him go.

He also used to like to kick cats.

i wont deny that...i remember the thread he created under another username.

there was that side i didnt like, how he really wanted to get a rise out of anyone who he could piss off.

but there was another side to him that i knew. he was cool to me.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I remember when people actually used the chat.

I actually came looking for chat, not the forums (although it wasn't all that long ago really). What the heck happened to the chat here anyway? I was astonished it was so dead. I finally gave up on it.

I remember IO when it was actually about the band. Then there was "Treasure" and that "Million Dollar Hotel" forum...lol.

I remember "Jolly Joker," where someone posted it's password and told everyone to post with it.

Melon

I remember everyone arguing over what the title should be for the then-unnamed ATYCLB. Titanium Soul was a favorite, but for some reason Bikini had a strong following.

I remember using chat fairly often. At one point rougerum thought I worked for Principle Management. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom