How Old School are you? (Interference wise)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i remember when i got yelled at for being a stupid newbie and turning randooooom into a monster, when there weren't multiple permanent chat threads in LS.

I remember 'Yesterday I Woke Up Sucking A Lemon'.

Sicy's FTP.

My Clash thread which introduced me to mofo and IWB, and later Lady Lemon.

The 1000 Post Count Salute to IO that quickly became farcical and irritating.

Good stuff.

yertle-the-turtle said:

The 1000 Post Count Salute to IO that quickly became farcical and irritating.

do you mean the official count to a million thread in IO?

that was the greatest thread of all time until some people decided to derail it

we would have been in the record books!!!

i wonder what number we'd be on now if we had kept it up :hmm:

Elvis continues to claim he has the One Giant Forum archived someplace and he's going to let people access it, but I don't think it's much of a priority. :wink:

Ah, I remember.

Merged forum
Numbered IO threads
Zoney doing his very thorough identification checks for all IO newbies
The Oodles
Monkey pants
Spatulas

:heart:

pax said:
Elvis continues to claim he has the One Giant Forum archived someplace and he's going to let people access it, but I don't think it's much of a priority. :wink:

Ah, I remember.

One Giant Forum! :love:

welcome back swallow.

I remember when you got IO all riled up, and I think we kicked you out!

Or maybe it was just an Unofficial Ban.

But it was still "It's Official."

So it was an official, unofficial ban.

I have no idea where I am going with this...

I remember Salome starting the IO threads and nobody even noticed till IO #7 or something like that.

I also remember "The Joker" but forgot the password.

When I was bono-vox

When the forum was one big forum and some people lost post counts and whined about it

When I was afraid to post in IO

When ABEL (I think) copy and pasted the same sentence over and over again in her post in an IO thread and broke the forum :hmm:

When 15, 000 posts was unheard of/ a really huge deal

The forum looked different

The poetry forum was quite different

When I was too afraid to speak to Salome because I thought he was really sarcastic and mean :lol:

When there wasn't 34723847987492387428937 sub forums

When basstrap started randomdom and everyone complained and then someone made a does anyone actually read all of that randomdomdodmodm thread.

When PLEBA was safe to visit :shifty:

I feel like I've been here a long, long time :|

Who can forget naming the Popwhore?

Becoming a refugee like 3 years ago and thinking it quiet the feat.

Zooropamanda

Melpop's story in PLEBA, Mrs. Edge's Stories for PLEBA girls, and wondering if the Edge used a bedazzler on his tshirts. (cant remember the last time I went in there).

She ls Raging said:
and wondering if the Edge used a bedazzler on his tshirts. (cant remember the last time I went in there).

*I* even remember that one.

Wow, I used to go in PLEBA. Like, more than once every three months because one of the other mods is on vacation or something.

She ls Raging said:
Who can forget naming the Popwhore?

Becoming a refugee like 3 years ago and thinking it quiet the feat.

Zooropamanda

Melpop's story in PLEBA, Mrs. Edge's Stories for PLEBA girls, and wondering if the Edge used a bedazzler on his tshirts. (cant remember the last time I went in there).

I remember when Manda got little jumping stars in her sig and gave everyone the links to them and some of us added them to our sigs.

melon said:
I remember IO when it was actually about the band. Then there was "Treasure" and that "Million Dollar Hotel" forum...lol.
omigor i remember that too!

i too remember the bedazzler threads in pleba. and i remember actually going to pleba! back in 01 and 02 i used to actually post there :hmm:

Oh, one thing I do remember that I will talk about. Having among the first few posts in Lemonade Stand. That was a good day for me.

pax said:

*I* even remember that one.

Wow, I used to go in PLEBA. Like, more than once every three months because one of the other mods is on vacation or something.

PLEBA used to be funny and mostly jokes etc... it REALLY has changed a lot over the last few years, its actually kind of scary... :no: When I first came here, I think that was the only place I posted.

Last edited:
I've been lurking about Interland for years... actually first registered in 2000, then again in 2001, but was too scared to post messages since my past experiences with fan forums weren't pleasant (that's also why I hardly ever post in the U2-related forums.)

She ls Raging said:

PLEBA used to be funny and mostly jokes etc... it REALLY has changed a lot over the last few years, its actually kind of scary... :no: When I first came here, I think that was the only place I posted.

why does everyone dislike Pleba?? as an old-time AND current Pleban, i have to say that it's still a funny and fun place. or maybe i'm just a "scary" girl! :ohmy: :huh:

easytiger said:
I've been lurking about Interland for years... actually first registered in 2000, then again in 2001, but was too scared to post messages since my past experiences with fan forums weren't pleasant (that's also why I hardly ever post in the U2-related forums.)
:eyebrow: do you remember what your other usernames were?

Uh, I remember thinking you Johnny Swallow were some big perv because of the link in your signature!! (the mullets)...and thinking Zoomerang96 and you and Wanderer were all in on it and perhaps were the same person...

I'm sure I apologized way back in 2000 for that but yeah, sorry about that! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom