How old are you in internet years?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BONO'ppetit

War Child
That is, how long have you been on the internet? (I don't mean at one time :der: )

If you count webtv--which is what I started out with--6 years. If you're in denial about the whole webtv affair--which I am--then I'm only 3 years old.
biglaugh.gif

phanan said:

Wow, someone who was there at the start. That must have been one expensive computer. :wink:

Unless it was work-related, of course.

9 years for me.

Used the computer on campus, they had huge labs of them (UofI)
My first computer was a Commodor 64, good for typing and Pong!

I remember when it was basically just newsgroups and e-mail.

greeneyedgirl said:

And I'm still just surfing, and I still haven't figured out how to use half the stuff I should be able to do with this damn machine :wink:
Ah! So in other words, you're telling us that you're old, but you've only messed around a bit, you still haven't gone all the way.

LOL Don't mind me. I'm in a mood today. :whistle: :p

Last edited:
16 years - started 1989 on campus when the Internet was Telnet and Gopher.

Of course this was 4 years after I saw U2 for the first time in 1985 for the UF tour.

I wonder if there is a way we could figure out a way to relate that to human years. Kind of how we do with dogs. So each internet year will equal that of a humans. hmm

U2IrishOne said:
I wonder if there is a way we could figure out a way to relate that to human years. Kind of how we do with dogs. So each internet year will equal that of a humans. hmm
Funny you should ask. To my calculations, considering I spend way too much time here and learn very little, I figured that in human years, that makes me about 16 months old. :eek:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom