How often do you change your avatar/sig???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I find something I like and keep it for awhile usually...I can't see changing my current ones anytime soon...though I have been making some new Ryan avatars. :tongue:

I change mine every 3-4 months or so.. and my avatars are usually of the nebulae/star cluster/constellation variety. Nature produces some of the most amazing visuals! :)

I get confused when people change them - BC I still miss your band camp avatar :sad:
I tend to become more familiar with people's pic than their name, kinda like real life where I'm great with faces and not so great with names. I've only made one change to my avatar since I started, no plans to change it in the near future....

I get confused too when people change their avatars. :laugh:

I rarely change mine. My sig has been the same.. and I love my avatar, it really expresses me so I dont think I'll be changing it soon.

btw Mr. Presley.. gettin kind of big there with your sig.. :silent:
Maybe you can leave the pic on the left off?

I change it very often. About once a week when I'm in the mood for it. :yes: I love putting on new avatars. :mac:

bonosloveslave said:
I get confused when people change them - BC I still miss your band camp avatar :sad:

Awww...I miss it too sometimes...*lol*...'twas a gift from Sicy! :)

I still have it saved at home...maybe I'll have to switch it later...I'd at least still have my Ryan sig!! :D

I just changed my avatar after about 4 months. I'll go back to it one day.

I liked the flower picture.

Actually, I hope to one day have any entiore collection of Sweetest Thing (video) pics to use as avatars :sexywink:

I just changed my sig too cause Manda gave me the little stars and then I remembered one of my fav quotes.

I change it every so often to keep life interesting.

--I like change.

Sicy said:
btw Mr. Presley.. gettin kind of big there with your sig.. :silent:
Maybe you can leave the pic on the left off?

Sorry! Am I outside of the rules with this??? I just wanted both pics to be involved....my old one was shrunk down though....i will lose one if you want.......

I've had my current avatar for almost the entire time we've had them, but switched to a custom Larry one that Phuzzie made for me. Though I absolutely love that one, I missed my "evil handmaiden" one, so I switched back. ;)

My sigs I change every time the mood strikes, but I think I'll keep my current one a while.

Last edited:
It confuses me too when people change their avatars. :der:

Hmm.. depends. Back in June when we first got the new board, I changed mine really often -- sometimes every few days, but usually a new one every week. Lately though I've been only changing it once every month or so.

I always have the problem of not being able to come up with good sigs :p And I am neurotic and want my avatar and sig to be somewhat coordinated. Yes, I've got problems. ;)

Last edited:
I change my sig all the time, but my avatar not as often. My old penguin one is still my favourite (thanks, LM/BV!! :hug: ), so I'll probably go back to it soon.

Elvis Presley said:
Sorry! Am I outside of the rules with this??? I just wanted both pics to be involved....my old one was shrunk down though....i will lose one if you want.......

Sorry I dont mean to keep picking on you, its just that now with those pics and your text it makes the whole thing quite big.

Try this size for the chefs.

Attachments

• u2chefs.jpg
    u2chefs.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 6
guilty!

I definitely change my avatar wayyy too often. Maybe 3 times a week? gah! :help:

one day soon I'll go back to my BonoSATSScream avatar :drool:

and my sig, yah I change that too much too- like 2x a week. :coocoo:

Sicy said:

Sorry I dont mean to keep picking on you, its just that now with those pics and your text it makes the whole thing quite big.

Try this size for the chefs.

No problem....hows this????

when the mood strikes and if that aligns with

when the mood strikes and if that aligns with the time of day when my connection speed isn't dead slow, i do it. Sometimes our connection makes it impossible to open things like that.
Usually some event will make me think a different avatar is more appropriate. I don't have a sig. at the moment...waiting for inspiration.

I adore:tongue: the smilies:wink: I try:eyebrow: really hard:yes: not to use them:yes: ....but:mac: :drool: :huh: :wave:

i got rid of my avatars completely cos people either thought it was constipated or knitting with its boobs and it was pissing me off.

:mad:

Lilly said:
i got rid of my avatars completely cos people either thought it was constipated or knitting with its boobs and it was pissing me off.

:mad:
:( I liked your avatar.

meegannie: Your new avaatr with Capper is so cute! :cute:

i haven't changed my sig since fall of 2000 when U2 did the Breakfast with U2 on the KROQ Kevin and Bean morning show.

i've changed my sig more recently than i changed my avatar, which i used to change a lot and should probably start doing more. :tongue:

my sig is probably also on the verge of being too big, lol.

i like how some have pics of artists with a song quote on it. i may do that too, but it's just so hard to narrow it down to one little line...

I'm on my 4th avatar now. I get pretty attched, so I don't like changing it too often. As for my sig, I change that a little more regularly but still not too often.

Okay...by request...the return of band camp chick! :D

It does suit me, doesn't it? :tongue:

One time..............

Back
Top Bottom