How NOT to get into the college of your choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indra

ONE love, blood, life
I'm sure my college applications were nothing special, but they weren't quite this bad....

CHARLESTON, Illinois - A poorly packaged college application prompted a call to the bomb squad at Eastern Illinois University.

Emergency crews evacuated a campus building Friday, after a postal carrier discovered a disheveled-looking package heading for the college's admissions office.

"There was no return address, it was poorly written, poorly addressed to the university, there were misspellings," school spokeswoman Vicki Woodard said Saturday. "There was some tape over it. Just the overall appearance was rather strange."

Explosives investigators X-rayed the package and blocked off a nearby street before they discovered the envelope contained only an application to the 12,500-student school.

Woodard said the application came from somewhere in northern Illinois, but would not comment on whether the bomb scare would affect the prospective student's chances of admission.

"I'm sure it'll be processed like any other application at this point," she said.

"I'm sure it'll be processed like any other application at this point,"

Yeah, right.... Anyone want to put money on this applicant actually getting in? :lol:

link

I was planning to send all of the colleges I apply to a stick of dynamite as a gift, but now, after reading that, I'm not so sure I should. :uhoh:

That's hilarious. You'd be surprised the things that students try to pass off as high quality without thinking twice about it. I once had a student turn in a project in a folder he made out of several notebooks covers and a whole lot of tape. It looked like something a kindergartener would put together!

is no one else thinking how tragic it is that a disheveled package with misspellings is enough to cause panic?

"Holy Shit! Another messy dumb student! Quick, call someone!"

:huh:

Back
Top Bottom