How Much time do you spend listening to music a day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
On the average how much do you listen to music? I thought it would be semi-interesting to hear how much others listen to music.

I personally listen to atleast 3 hrs of music a day on average I'd say. I usually listen to atleast one complete album a day. Sometimes two, and the rest are usually mp3's or random songs I want to hear.

Some days (like today) I listen to way more than that, and somedays I dont listen to much. I'm not really counting when music is just on in the back ground and I'm not paying attention to it (like when my roommates are listening to something), or when I'm in the car (radio). I'm probably going low on my average, but I think it's pretty close.

Just try to average it out.

Last edited:
Listening solely to music? Around 3 hours on average. Though when I've got new music (like I do now) I sometimes spend much more. most of the time it's through headphones

If we're just talking having music on while doing other stuff, I probably listen to around 5-6 hours a day

I'm in school a lot
but whenever I'm home I'm listening to music
when I'm studying
when I'm on the net
when I'm cleaning and cooking
and when I'm sleeping

only time I'm NOT listening to it, now that I think about it, is when I'm watching TV

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I wish I could listen at work, but on average about 2 hours a day during the week and up to 6-7 on the weekends (each day). :hyper:

*wishes she could listen to some now :sad:

It's the same here for me. I don't have much opportunity to listen to music at work, so the only time I can really listen to music is when I'm driving home from work (which is currently about 1 hour drive) or during the weekend.

Thankfully, I like my CD collection so the music that I do hear is great. :)

C ya!

Marty

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
i'm seriously considering bringing in a little mini cd boombox. :| i can't take the silence. :crack:

As long as you listen at a reasonalbe volume... Oh wait, this isnt the Office Space thread.

I'd say at least 3 hours. I have music on all the time--even listen to it when I shower and brush my teeth!

I used to listen to music for around 10 hours a day but I've gotten kind of burnt out on music, plus, like HelloAngel, it distracts me when I'm doing work. So it's gone down to a few hours a day.

i listen to music whenever i'm not in class, talking to someone, or watching a movie

i bring my discman everywhere, which probably explains why i spend a fortune on batteries...

IWasBored said:
i listen to music whenever i'm not in class, talking to someone, or watching a movie

i bring my discman everywhere, which probably explains why i spend a fortune on batteries...

perhaps you should invest in a charger :censored: :censored: :mad: :(

I always have music on when I'm on the Internet at home, and that's two or three hours a day most days. I also usually have music on in the background if I'm reading or washing the dishes or doing other household chores, plus I almost always listen to an album before going to bed. I also sometimes make long road trips for work, which can add as much as two hours of music listening to my day. So on the average I think I listen to about 4 hours of music per day.

Everyone at work is tired of listening to my U2 so I put on the headphones. 3 to 5 hours a day. I've started playing Coldplay some - and others - when I don't have the headphones on. I don't have a sound card at work so it's either headphones or the radio. Wish I could listen to Radio Free Virgin, but a las no sound from my computer. How many here have checked out RFV? Its fly tunes. Edge, & Bono have picked out some of their choices of what they listen too. I just discovered it this weekend, so I may be behind the times. Just got this computer recently. Trying to play catch up.

Back
Top Bottom