How much tequila? !?@3@

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Numb1075

ONE love, blood, life
OSLO, Norway (AP) -- A 32-year-old Norwegian bartender was sentenced to six months in prison Wednesday for serving a customer so much tequila that he fell into a coma and died.

According to a district court in the southwestern city of Hokksund the bartender, whose name was withheld, pleaded guilty to serving 34-year-old Leif Henning Nilsen 19 shots of the strong Mexican liquor in 90 minutes at the Spiseriet restaurant in May 2004.

Nilsen lost consciousness and died three days later.

The court said it could not hold the bartender accountable for the death itself, but sentenced him to prison for illegally serving alcohol to a clearly intoxicated person.

The ruling said the bartender intentionally contributed to the excess by drinking shots of water, tricking the victim into what he thought was a drinking contest.

"In the court's opinion, it is hard to imagine a more serious case of excessive alcohol serving," said the ruling, which also revoked the bartender's right to have any job that involves serving alcohol for five years.

The restaurant was in Vikersund, about 35 kilometers (20 miles) west of the capital, Oslo.

19 tequila in an hour and a half:ohmy:

can't believe the bartender was doing shots of water and saying it was tequila:shame:

That is really irresponsible on the bartenders part. I cannot have two shots of tequilla without feeling like I am going to pass out. I am sure that guy had not idea that this would be his last drink.:shame: Sad really.

elevation2u said:
hmmm, while I agree the bartender was irresponsible...the drinker hismelf wasnt exactly what I would call responsible.... .:huh:

well when you get drunk you really do think about whats responsible, thats why its against the law for bartenders to sell alcohol to people who are drunk.

if a bartender serves someone until they get drunk, and then that guy drives and gets into an accident, the victim can sue the bartender.

Chizip said:

well when you get drunk you really do think about whats responsible, thats why its against the law for bartenders to sell alcohol to people who are drunk.

if a bartender serves someone until they get drunk, and then that guy drives and gets into an accident, the victim can sue the bartender.

Yeah, but except in cases like this, where it's very apparent how drunk a patron is, it is very difficult to sue a bartender b/c there is really no way to prove if the bartender knew how intoxicated a patron was. Especially if there is more than one person serving that person.

Man, I like tequila but 19 shots is unreal. I wonder why he wasn't cut off. :(

WildHoneyAlways said:

Yeah, but except in cases like this, where it's very apparent how drunk a patron is, it is very difficult to sue a bartender b/c there is really no way to prove if the bartender knew how intoxicated a patron was. Especially if there is more than one person serving that person.

Man, I like tequila but 19 shots is unreal. I wonder why he wasn't cut off. :(

thats why you just sue the bar, thats where the real money is anyway :sexywink:

i dont think ive done 19 shots of tequila in my whole life. im not a big fan :yuck:

That is so-ooo disturbing ... what kind of bartender has someone get totally intoxicated on an over abundance of alcohol ?? :tsk:
He should have stopped serving the customer way before and called him a cab. :yes:

I only drink tequila if it's mixed in a drink (such as a margarita) :up:

I once had a shot of Mezcal several years ago because my friend dared me to swallow the worm. :help:
I actually did it and almost choked ... :sad:
I swore I'd never drink any Tequila by itself again after that experience ... as worm or no worm it's still a bad reminder ... :yuck:

Carek1230 said:
:yuck: is right! worms.....:yuck:

:hug: MsMofo

Well, I did say it was a bad reminder. :up:
I still can't believe it either I was so young and kinda naive !! :yes:
The bar was actually giving away T-Shirts that said "I ate the worm" ... Come to think of it,
I still have the shirt too !! :ohmy:

Geez!!! That's horrible! :sad:

Reminds me of this one time at a party, when I was still on-campus at Rutgers, I was so drunk that I started drinking tequila straight out of the bottle! :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom