How much has the weather changed in your area?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
obviously with this whole Global Warming, we were ALL warned about, its suddenly happening sooner than I thought.......but how much has it changed in your area?

Over here in Belfast its gotten wetter these past 2 summers.......in fact its almost like the four seasons are moving on and out of sync with when they should properly be happenin.......but yes, less sun shinin here and more rain..............we have only had like 1 - 2 glorious hot days here, which have been great but its now depressin that its gotten worse.....

I know that 10 years ago the summers were real summers, even 15 years ago, lots of hot sunny days.....now its like we get some late July, August, then thats it......................its depressin....!!!!

And the Winters I find are colder, they say UK would be gettin like 'Russian winters'...........mum said supposed to be milder and warmer Winters but I dont feel it.........we havent had snow mainly here for many years but for the past 2 have.......

ah well.......

its just a shame our young generation are growing up into this fucked up environment

:(

A real shame hey.

i tink it is warmer in winter maddie cus last winter there was like one icy day and i loved it cus i didnt have to slip on me way to school every single day :D

I am sick of rain but hey hey look its sunny- well kinda sunny today :D

And there are sooo many more floods here now and storms!!!!!! *shudder*

BV <---Afraid of growing up into this fucked up environment

:huh:

Well I know BV but when ur TRY-ING to get a tan its fucking harder these summers!!!!

Sure today, but look up at them grey mofos comin over with the threatenin words off 'Get soaked my me very soon u Belfast mofos' and Im tired of it!!!!!!

:scream: :mad: :scream: :mad: :scream: :mad:

yes, well when ur 180 years old BV everyday will be pure rain rain rain rain and yep, more rain here............:no:

for fukity fuk sake!

Summers here seem unchanged wrt heat, but it's been really dry for the last three or four summers.
On the other hand, winters have been really unpredictable. Typically, they have been warmer than normal, with considerably less snow than when I was young. Most of the lakes around here stay open, with very little freezing.
However, we seem to be seeing harsher cold when it actually does come. Two winters ago, there was a period of about three or four weeks where the temp did not get above freezing, which is extremely rare here.
I can't say for sure that this is global warming; this area tends to run the gamut of weather patterns, and drought cycles are very real. But I tend to think that warming is contributing.

Newfoundland weather is alwasy unpredictable anyway.

We can have four seasons in one day.

Basstrap said:
Newfoundland weather is alwasy unpredictable anyway.

We can have four seasons in one day.

much like Minnesota.

"If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes...it will change."

Honestly...we've only been recording the weather for...how long? a hundred years or so? And the earth is significantly older than that. I would hesitate to assume that swings like this are completely out of the ordinary.

The weather in area is really really weird! Summer & Spring never really start here. What happens is that winter comes and it rains off and on every week that keeps happening until all of sudden its summer. We have been getting more normal temps. this year. Last year @ this time it was in the 80s but now it in the late 90s early 100s.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom