How much does it cost for more memory on your pc?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you can't get 40 gb of memory. all computers don't recognize more than 2 gb, and most don't even recognize past 1 gb. do you mean a 40 gb hard drive or what?

memory is ram, if that helps.

KhanadaRhodes said:
you can't get 40 gb of memory. all computers don't recognize more than 2 gb, and most don't even recognize past 1 gb. do you mean a 40 gb hard drive or what?

memory is ram, if that helps.

I mean like adding more memory to my pc. I want to upgrade an extra 40gb.

Sicy said:
Hard drive is not memory.

Mullen, there are three types of computer memory: hard drive, RAM, and cache (they get smaller and faster, respectively).

By 40GB you must mean a new, or second, hard drive. You can get either an internal or external (connect via firewire or USB). I would check out newegg.com because their prices are usually way lower than popular stores like Best Buy or CompUSA. By upgrading 40 GB, do you mean adding 40GB or adding whatever brings you to 40GB total?

Mullen4Prez said:
Adding 40gb to my 80gb drive. So I want to go to 120gb.

if you want an external harddrive then look on e-bay. I got mine from there and didn't find a cheaper harddrive anywhere. You can get them on there for about £80.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

DVD-R just reads DVDs, where as "RW" means it can write/burn a DVD.

No, both type of discs are writeable.

A DVD-R can only be wriitten to once. The data cannot be removed after it has been burned.

A DVD-RW can be rewritten to and the data removed, in the same fashion as a hard disk. This is not unlimited however. Depending on the brand of disk there is a finite times a disk can be rewritten to but it's usually over 1,000 times.

ewen said:

No, both type of discs are writeable.

A DVD-R can only be wriitten to once. The data cannot be removed after it has been burned.

A DVD-RW can be rewritten to and the data removed, in the same fashion as a hard disk. This is not unlimited however. Depending on the brand of disk there is a finite times a disk can be rewritten to but it's usually over 1,000 times.

I was referring to the drive itself, not the discs.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

That's a recording tape. You need a hard drive. Like...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822154624

You could also get a 40GB internal for less than $50.

:lmao:

I'm not laughing at you LivLuvAndBootlegMusic, I'm just laughing at Darren (Mullen4Prez) finding a backup cassette and your cool, proffesional reply to him.

This is why people like you work in IT helpdesks rather than me. I might have a BEng in Computing but I score -100 in patience.

many people here can testify.

sorry about the DVD thing, I misread.

btw, Darren.....are you winding us up? :lol:

ewen said:

:lmao:

I'm not laughing at you LivLuvAndBootlegMusic, I'm just laughing at Darren (Mullen4Prez) finding a backup cassette and your cool, proffesional reply to him.

This is why people like you work in IT helpdesks rather than me. I might have a BEng in Computing but I score -100 in patience.

Hehe, yeah. Well, you don't wanna unintentionally insult people's intelligence or anything, so you just gotta say it like it is and change the subject :D

And I've heard worse....like, "Hi....um....I got this CD I need to use so where does it do in and which way does it go in?" Me..."OK, it goes in the part that's NOT the screen...the black box on the floor w/ the bright green button....yes, that's it, the part NOT the screen....then press the 'open' button and set the shiny side facing down."

Back
Top Bottom