How much are you happy in / with your life ? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 08-11-2004, 01:13 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 12:22 PM
How much are you happy in / with your life ?

I'd say 95% for I've just got my teacher diploma so I have a job, my family is in good health, I'm living in a peaceful & democratic country, I have something to eat everyday, I have a place to sleep, I have friends who care for me, the sun's shining... and the 5% remaining, well... I don't know if we can really be 100% happy ! Otherwise, we wouldn't have any goals left !

How about you ?

Old 08-11-2004, 01:22 PM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier
Where did you get this happiness calculator?
*terrible at guessing. Anything*

I am happy though, for much the same reasons as you mentioned (although I don't have a teaching diploma).

Old 08-11-2004, 01:25 PM   #3
love, blood, life
Local Time: 06:22 AM
I am very content in my life, and with the choices I've made thus far. And I will be even more happy next year when I move to NYC in May!!
Old 08-11-2004, 03:13 PM   #4
love, blood, life
Local Time: 03:22 AM
Old 08-11-2004, 03:20 PM   #5
you are what you is
I am going places
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 08-11-2004, 05:42 PM   #6
New Yorker
Quite content, though there are mornings where I feel like I've lost all confidence in myself
Old 08-13-2004, 10:21 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 11:22 AM
Old 08-13-2004, 07:29 PM   #8
Local Time: 09:22 PM
I am fairly happy, there are days when I can get down, but usually that is just my own personal crap getting to me, like "That goal I had at the start of the year of loosing weight, has amounted to anything!!!" but really I have a great place to live, I own all of my posessions, I have a wonderful puppy, absolutely amazing friends, great family and I live in paradise- living on the Sunshine Coast really does make one feel happy, it is hard to stay down for long when you realise how beautiful and lucky we are to live where we do
Old 08-13-2004, 08:40 PM   #9
Jesus Online
Local Time: 09:22 PM
My cup runneth over. 90% full.
<a href= target=_blank></a>
Old 08-14-2004, 12:28 AM   #10
I am decently happy I guess. I think though, rather I hope, that in 18 months, I will be much happier. I am begining to enter a transition phase in my life, have to make some decisions I don't want to make. However I am optimistic that in the end, it will probably work out for the better.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:30 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Old 08-14-2004, 11:34 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:22 AM
75% happy.

- decent paying job
- decent home
- good family/collegues/friends
- decent oppurtunity of travel
Old 08-14-2004, 03:07 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 05:22 AM

I like the house I live in, I like my job, nice boss, friends, good school, boyfriend, new kitten, decent grades, fun vacation, etc.

The main problem is the debt issue with the student loans. I work more than pretty much all of my friends combined and I'm still tens of thousands in debt. I work more than my mom and make more than her and still I'm stuck at the bottom of a hole that gets deeper each year. I say what it feels like is that I'm running faster and faster towards the edge of a cliff and I can't see what's over the side. There could be a nice river to dive into (ie, a good job right away, paying off those damn debts!) or there could be a dry canyon......Anytime I'm not thinking about much I start thinking about the money issues and sometimes it gets me pretty down. I also have issues with the weather here 8 mos of the year, but I'm looking forward to moving on in a few years. I also REALLY miss gymnastics. The first few years of college were so hectic, but now that we've settled in, I'm constantly feeling sluggish and wish I had time to work out for a few hours everyday like in high school.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:58 PM   #14
Local Time: 10:22 AM
I am happy with my life..While I am going places,doing things. I own my house and am making my own home improvements, so I am happy about that, going to school for my culinary degree and enjoying the classes I have taken so far for this course, I like my job, feeding hungry footbal players, trainers, and coachs, just got a new computer, and well, this is definetly a fun, learning, everyday, experince. Am I am Blessed, with plenty of food, clothes, cd's-and I am leaving for 1 weeks vacation tomarrow-so I have LOts to be Thankful for!! So, I would say 100% happy!
Old 08-14-2004, 07:02 PM   #15
Local Time: 05:22 AM
I'd say I'm about 90% happy with my life. In the past year I've gotten through some tough times, and finally feel like I'm getting past them. I'm feeling more confident in myself, and about 150% less shy - which still leaves me fairly shy.

I've got a job that I love, friends that I adore, and a great family.

The only few things keeping me from '100%' happiness is not being in a relationship, and I have the feeling that I'm heading into a challenging year on the school-front. I also kind of wish I could spend more time with my friends.

Other than that, I'm peachy keen.