How many words per minute?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Total U2 Nut said:
Slower? You make me look like I type with one bloody finger :lol: The highest I got was 52, when I was concentrating :wink:

lol. I taught myself touch-typing one summer break when I was seven years old because I was bored, and I used to spend hours practicing for fun. (yes, weird, I know). :reject: I'm definitely down from my 100+ speed of yesteryear.

But really, as long as you are able to communicate and get what you need to typed, who cares what your speed is? I know some people who can type as fast as I do but with using just one finger on each hand. THAT'S impressive, imo! :ohmy:

elevated_u2_fan said:

Do you need to replace your keyboard every time you write a letter? :drool:

I'm too lazy to take the test, that and I'm aware my typing sucks. I'm pretty much in the 40-50 wpm range I think...

It was a copy and paste job :wink: No doubt my hands would implode if I typed that fast.....

I'm weird in that I tend to correct my mistakes as I go. I can ususally feel if I mistype something, and will go back and correct it rather than letting spell check catch it.

Even in typing tests.

:nerd:

I was curious to see how fast I was these days, so I took the test:

Your speed was: 108wpm.

You made 3 mistakes, your mistakes are shown in bold text:

:reject:

elevated_u2_fan said:

Thats what I thought, I read it over three times to make sure I wasn't seeing things.:wink:

wpm.jpg

:shifty: :drool:

69wpm, no mistakes. i guess it's fine... typing slower gives you more time to think!

Your speed was: 77wpm.

You made 3 mistakes, your mistakes are shown in bold text

and I'm in a rush - I'll try again later.

First time: 52wpm with one mistake (I corrected some other errors :wink: )

Second time: 47wpm with one mistake (Same reason as the first time).

So I'm the 45-55wpm range....but that's because I get :yikes::crack::hyper: during these tests...cause I feel like I have to do go. I'm not complaining though...my mom is a faster typer than me (Although I do better than my dad...cause he only types with one hand...almost using the One-Finger method).

I think me taking a keyboarding class in High School helped me with the scoring too :wink:

Back
Top Bottom