How many of us are dealing with wind chills in the negatives?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
It seems that our Canadian folks are freezing their asses off.

If it makes you guys feel better Atlanta will be in the teens tonight and we are expected to have wind chills at -5 tomorrow. :huh: :angry:

and it looks like the ATL may have a White Christmas.

[q]That`s right! The possibility now exists that some parts of the South from Texas to the Carolinas will see snowfall just before and during Christmas Day! Another strong push of arctic air is taking shape for later in the week, and as moisture moving northward from the Gulf of Mexico and the Pacific Ocean interacts with the cold air, snow could develop as far south as Dallas and Atlanta!
iws5.jpg
[/q]

Last edited:
I noticed that on the Weather Channel earlier this morning. It's gonna get cold in some areas east of here.

We've got fairly warm temperatures here right now-I think they said it was supposed to get near 60 degrees today :)mad:...NOT IN DECEMBER! Grrrrrrrr!). But it's supposed to get cold this week.

*Prays like mad that we'll see snow for Christmas*

Angela

I'm sure it could be possible in some areas. Heck, it even snows within San Diego County. You just have to drive out to the mountains which is... I dunno... an hour away?

Last week we had winds upwards to 80+ miles/hour. The coast had 5-8ft waves every 8 seconds. Anyone wanna hit the surf? :hyper:

Wind chill is actually above 0 right now :hyper:
Temp=10 degrees
Wind Chill=2 degrees
Let's all sing "We're having a heat wave, a tropical heatwave.........":hyper:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
It seems that our Canadian folks are freezing their asses off.

If it makes you guys feel better Atlanta will be in the teens tonight and we are expected to have wind chills at -5 tomorrow. :huh: :angry:

Actually, the temperatures where I'm at up here are in the comfortable 50F range (even with the windchill). That's right, I'll be living it up during this most non-white christmas. Gauging conditions in the past, my sympathy is vacant dear MVD.

:sexywink:

I jest. Hope it gets warmer.

remember canada is on the metric system, so -5 to us is really like 26/27 american degrees...

speaking of -5, it's 0 here now with a windchill of -5. it's kind of mild for this time of year, actually.

*jealous of beli... i'm a summer girl*

Yes, I am friggin' cold and no matter what temp I set the thermostat, it's still cold in here with the drafty windows.
I've got the sweater on and the cats are fighting over who gets to sit in the lap tonight.

dandy said:
remember canada is on the metric system, so -5 to us is really like 26/27 american degrees...

speaking of -5, it's 0 here now with a windchill of -5. it's kind of mild for this time of year, actually.

*jealous of beli... i'm a summer girl*

Oh cool. It was just the original poster, MissVD ( :huh: ) is from the USA so I jumped to conclusions. LOL

It will be 36 C here on Christmas Day. Were having fish, salad, and a pool party :up:

beli said:

MissVD ( :huh: )

:yikes:

beli said:

It will be 36 C here on Christmas Day. Were having fish, salad, and a pool party :up:

sounds like heaven to me... except for the fish. not a big seafood fan. but if i could have a pool party on christmas, i really wouldn't care what was for dinner.

:up:

i haven't checked the numbers ... but chicago is damn cold today. but that's how we like it up here. cold, windy, and snowy. bring it on...

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

why the :huh: face after my username?

LOL. I just typed it short thats all, and it was a revelation, an amusing one, what your initials are. Im sure you have noticed it before but I dont believe I have typed your name before. No sirey, must do it more often. I like you. I am also rambling and its 7:43am and my baby is chewing on the modem cable so if I suddenly disappear you know what happened.

Given its only early in the morning and I have the air conditioner on full bore and Im sitting here in my underwear (blue), yes I would say its a heck of a lot warmer.

Please. Send. Cold. Stop.

Today's been one of the coldest winter days so far this year:

-31 C, or about -20 F.

Not bad compared to last year, when we were bottoming out at -40 to -45 for about a week or so.

It's Winnipeg though; as scary as it sounds, I'm almost used to it.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
"what the hell is the point of the wind chill factor anyways? ohhh well it's 23 degrees out, but with the windchill it makes it feel like it's 2 below... well then it's fucking 2 below, asshole! i don't need to know what the temperature would be if conditions were perfect."

-lewis black

Amen. :bow:

It's really not so bad though... Or maybe I'm in denial. I was outside wearing just a sweater collecting shopping carts from the parking lot at work this afternoon. Unpleasant, but not unbearable. :shrug:

I like the cold more than the heat though; when it's cold you can always add more layers. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom