How many of us are dealing with wind chills in the negatives?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guess I better not bitch about my area probably getting snow (3"-6") Wendesday or so and then the temps dropping to 0 (F) after reading other people's posts....

But I have electric baseboard heat and one of my heaters in this room (the main living area, of course), went "flash, BOOM, smoke", so that's not working (the circuit breaker tripped, so there is no fire risk...but no heat either). So until I get that replaced I use a couple of space heaters when I'm in here and let it get cold when I'm not (it will drop to mid 50's overnight -- of course, now it's going to get colder, so it will drop even more).

But as replacing it costs money I'm not planning on doing that until after the new year...and now it's going to get cold. :madspit: On the good side...my electric bill should be low for this month. :wink:

Last edited:
ladywithspinninghead said:
Well, it's warmed up here in Ottawa!
It was -44 this afternoon but it's now a balmy -38!! :)

Oh, well, break out the shorts and tank tops, then, huh? :wink: LOL.

I discovered tonight that my sweater I'm wearing does its job quite well. We go into a store, and I'm sweating after a while, 'cause it's so warm in there. Then we come back out, and I'm thankful to have it on, 'cause otherwise I'd be freezing.

Bless whoever invented sweaters.

Angela

-5°F
windchill-16°F

hooray!

i actually do like living in new england though.

TUESDAY OVERNIGHT

TEMPERATURE: -31°C
CONDITION: Mainly clear
P.O.P.: 0%
FEELS LIKE: -44°C
WIND: NW 20 km/h
HUMIDITY: 96%

Oh, the walk to the bus stop tomorrow morning will be mah-velous. :rolleyes:

beli said:
Is 96% humidity as uncomfortable in cold weather as it is in hot weather?

wow, i'm not exactly sure what numbers constitute hellish humidity here, but that sounds really bad :huh:

i've decided i really like the negative windchills - it makes 20-degree weather feel warm.

Actually, here's a pic of Canadian snow from my best friend's driveway a couple of winters ago:

jamessnow-vi.jpg

I've seen snow like that before :). I remember when I was a kid, t there'd be days where I'd be playing outside and have snow up to my waist or so.

maro_chik said:
TUESDAY OVERNIGHT

TEMPERATURE: -31°C
CONDITION: Mainly clear
P.O.P.: 0%
FEELS LIKE: -44°C
WIND: NW 20 km/h
HUMIDITY: 96%

Oh, the walk to the bus stop tomorrow morning will be mah-velous. :rolleyes:

Yeow. That is cold.

It's gonna be pretty cold here tomorrow night-saying our lows will be in the single digits below zero, and we could see wind chills around -20 degrees or so.

I've noticed, by the way, while watching the Weather Channel tonight, that parts of the far southern U.S. could see severe thunderstorms tomorrow...that, I would hate for sure. It's bad enough, in my opinion, to have warm weather and no snow a few days before Christmas, but to throw severe thunderstorms into the mix? Uh-uh. No way. Not for me :no:.

It seems there could be a LOT of messy weather over the country the next couple of days-to all who are traveling and may encounter any of this weather, have a safe drive :hug:.

Angela

anitram said:
Actually, here's a pic of Canadian snow from my best friend's driveway a couple of winters ago:

jamessnow-vi.jpg

we had snow like that a couple years ago (posibly the same year this was taken), i remember shovelling the driveway, i dug a 4 foot deep trench to the mailbox......

Last edited:
yeah, canadian snow is freedom hating snow. it restricts free movement, and bah i suck. i really thought i had something there.

maybe i'll just quit by saying snow hates american freedom, so you'd better not move here, mvd. :sexywink:

I seriously threw a big giant hissy fit in my driveway today. My car door were frozen shut and it took me an hour to take care of it. I didn't even drive afterwards because the roads were still too nasty and I was exhausted. Picture me bundled up in a big puffy jacket and literally thrashing around screaming in the driveway....I'm sure my neighbors are scared. :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom