How many of us are dealing with wind chills in the negatives?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And at the opposite end of the spectrum:

CURRENT CONDITIONS

MARBLE BAR (Western Australia)

Mon, Dec 20
44.8°C

Last updated:1:30:00 PM
Wind: 24.1 kph 140° SE
Rain: from 9am 0.0 mm

That's an 80 degrees temperature difference between Ottawa Airport and Marble Bar....

:) :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Current conditions:

16.4 degrees F
wind chill: 0 degrees
winds gusty NNW 37mph

:no: :yikes:

This is NOT normal weather for southeastern VA cotton field country. We're dyin' here! This is very rare and no one is used to it. Half the time our winter temps don't even go below 32 F at night much less during the day. This sucks. I am sorry for all of you who live with these conditions all the time, and I wonder how you start your cars. I guess if you're used to it, but I couldn't stand a whole winter like this! :scream:

Last edited:
Tania said:

CURRENT CONDITIONS

MARBLE BAR (Western Australia)

Mon, Dec 20
44.8°C

Last updated:1:30:00 PM
Wind: 24.1 kph 140° SE
Rain: from 9am 0.0 mm

That's an 80 degrees temperature difference between Ottawa Airport and Marble Bar....

:shocked:

wow, that's a little warm, even for my tropical yearnings.

ladywithspinninghead said:

Want to trade places?? :drool:

LWSPH:

Come on over. Apparently, about 450 people live in Marble Bar, so there is always room for one more.:wave:

Personally, I prefer the beach:drool:

Hi Dandy:

Yep, for me too.

The temp in Marble Bar is going to be 40 degrees plus for the forseeable future..... (always is over summer)

They drink a lot of icy cold beer up in the Pilbara (northern WA).:)

DiGi said:
wind chill is -8 in DC right now. I am going to florida on the 28th. I cannot wait.

Heh, they're not doing so hot (literally) either at the moment. It's 35F in Pensacola and 56F in Naples (very Southern Fla).

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Heh, they're not doing so hot (literally) either at the moment. It's 35F in Pensacola and 56F in Naples (very Southern Fla).

Italian girl said to Joey Tribiani (Friends)..."you should see my Naples.."

Joey, grins and answers, "Ii'd travel 5 thousand miles to see 'dos..."

sorry... :eek:

U2_Muse said:
I've found the last couple of Decembers to be fairly warm (I can't say specifically about last year, as I was in NYC at this time, but the rest of December seemed unusually warm). I remember walking around on Whyte Ave and the temperature being something like +9. So I guess we can't complain to much... at least until January. :wink:

Yeah, so I looked out my window after I posted last night, and saw the wind and snow. I guess I should actually check the weather before I start talking about how great the weather is here! The benefits of being in the basement - you don't have to look outside!
Were you here last January? I'm a bit worried considering the mild weather we've been having lately. -45 plus wind :yikes:

i will not complain about our weather right now then, in light of the frigidity going on in ontario and out west... it's zero here, which is plenty chilly enough.

-45!? plus wind?!?!?! :yikes:

Last edited:
I don't know how cold it is here, but it's too damn cold. I looked forward to being in the south for a reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

U2Kitten said:
Current conditions:

16.4 degrees F
wind chill: 0 degrees
winds gusty NNW 37mph

:no: :yikes:

This is NOT normal weather for southeastern VA cotton field country. We're dyin' here! This is very rare and no one is used to it. Half the time our winter temps don't even go below 32 F at night much less during the day. This sucks. I am sorry for all of you who live with these conditions all the time, and I wonder how you start your cars. I guess if you're used to it, but I couldn't stand a whole winter like this! :scream:

Heh, yeah, coming from northern Iowa, I'm definitely used to it. Sure, trying to start your car in the morning can be a pain, and sure, trying to manuever icy or snowy roads can be quite the adventure, but my family's adapted well to it. I can see where it'd be hard for you, though (I've always gotten a kick out of seeing people in areas who don't usually see snow or really cold weather react when they actually get it-it just amuses me for some reason). I've felt MUCH colder temperatures than what you're feeling now, too. I remember once when I was little, school was closed one day, not because of a snowstorm-no, it was a beautiful day outside in that respect-but because it was bitterly cold. Our actual temperature was, like, -40 something, and our wind chill was -60 something. Yeah.

By the way, happy day for me-it snowed last night :dance:. Not a lot of snow on the ground, probably about 2 or 3 inches or so, but hey, it's something at least. And since it's not gonna be very warm for the next few days, that means it'll stick. Now if it can just stay cold on Christmas Day, we're good to go :up:.

As for our temperature right now, last I checked it was about 35 degrees and we had a wind chill of 22.

Angela

At least there is no snow here in Toronto. That's about the only saving grace at the moment.

It snowed here last night, we only got an inch, but we got that inch in about an hour. It hasn't gotten out of the teens, with 30 mph winds. We couldn't open my mom's car doors this morning, and as I was scraping my car, even with gloves, my hands would go numb. I would go inside, warm up, then go back out. Repeat. And this is Richmond Virginia! We never get this cold!

dandy said:
-45!? plus wind?!?!?! :yikes:

It's NOT like that here right now, though it is pretty windy and cold!
For about a week last Jan/Feb, it was like that (-45 plus wind). I was living in a rural area at the time and with the wind chill the temp was -65! No one should have to go to work/school in that kind of weather - I can't believe my car started!
Anyway, I'm just hoping that we don't get similar weather this January! :no:

Heh, yeah, you sure sound like you're suffering, you poor thing :p.

lmjhitman said:
For about a week last Jan/Feb, it was like that (-45 plus wind). I was living in a rural area at the time and with the wind chill the temp was -65! No one should have to go to work/school in that kind of weather - I can't believe my car started!

That is a miracle, indeed. Wow.

I remember one year staying overnight in a city for some reason or other, and it was VERY cold then, and the next day, when we went to get in our car, our seats, the steering wheel-basically the entire car inside and out and everything that we had inside it were COLD. Freezing cold. Even our blankets that we kept in the car were cold.

Originally posted by Imjhitman
Anyway, I'm just hoping that we don't get similar weather this January! :no:

My dad said that according to the people here in my town, January and February are the months where our area gets the coldest weather and most of our big snow. So we're gonna have to get prepared for that soon if that's the case. They can even see snow up through June sometimes out here (not a LOT of snow, just a few inches or so, but still...that would be odd).

The nice thing about living in the apartment building that we live in, though-we're on the second floor, so we don't have to worry nearly as much about pipes freezing up, and we don't have to pay the heating bills (the people who run the apartment building pay that stuff). So the only concerns we'll have are trying to start the car in the morning and trying to drive on icy or snowy roads (and considering how hilly some of the roads are out here, that could be a bit on the tricky side).

Angela

7F regular
-8F windchill

we got about 4 or 5 inches of snow last night.

The annoying thing about Sunbelt Decembers is that it can be freezing one day and warm the next day. It's very cold today but it's going up to 60+ tomorrow. It's exactly the kind of weather that gives you the flu!! :madspit: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

verte76 said:
The annoying thing about Sunbelt Decembers is that it can be freezing one day and warm the next day. It's very cold today but it's going up to 60+ tomorrow. It's exactly the kind of weather that gives you the flu!! :madspit: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

that's new england in october, i hate it.

5F
-11F windchil

yay! :crack:

and the funny thing is my heater isn't even on. this building stays so warm that it's actually nice in here without the heat on and the windows closed.

I woke up to freezing rain today! I was almost an hour late to work and I have a less than 15 minute drive normally.

:madspit:

One of my coworkers has to take her son to school on her way to work so she ended up have a 3 hour drive today :yuck:

And it's only the beginning of the season.....

:heart: Minnesota :heart:

Re: Anyone else freezing their ass off?

Nate Dogg said:
Welcome to Florida!...good thing the cold never lasts here.

Everytime I walk to work I'm repeating in my head "secondtolastwinterheresecondtolastwinterhere..."

So, what are some nice cities in southwestern Florida? :D

lmjhitman said:
Yeah, so I looked out my window after I posted last night, and saw the wind and snow. I guess I should actually check the weather before I start talking about how great the weather is here! The benefits of being in the basement - you don't have to look outside!
Were you here last January? I'm a bit worried considering the mild weather we've been having lately. -45 plus wind :yikes:

Oh, that wind yesterday was horrific! I couldn't sleep until 2:30 this morning because it was keeping me up. Then I had to shovel four foot snow drifts off my sidewalk. :madspit:

I was here last January -- and taking public transportation every day when it was that cold out. I won't soon forget it.

Back
Top Bottom