how many kids would you like to have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never been very important for me. I'm blissfully happy with the person I am with, it would be great to have a family with them someday but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

2-3. I think Mrs. Utoo and I are on the same page there.

Now what to name them is another thing altogether!

Growing up, I always loved large families like the Waltons and Von Trapps, and I wanted a lot. I used to sit around and make up names for them and imagine what they'd all look like. I ended up with 3, and sadly in this world that's about all I can deal with emotionally or financially.

probably two, though I might adopt one of them because I don't think i'll be too thrilled with the whole pregnancy and childbirth thing. I wouldn't want to have just one because all the people that I've met that were only childs were kind of weird (no offense to anyone that's an only child, I'm sure some of you are normal).

ILuvLarryMullen said:
probably two, though I might adopt one of them because I don't think i'll be too thrilled with the whole pregnancy and childbirth thing.

It's not so bad. It freaked me out when I was pregnant and realized no matter what happened it was going to be gross and hurt. But it's really not so bad. Most ladies in the world are "mom" and they're okay!

I wouldn't want to adopt someone else's kid. I wanted kids, but I wanted MY kids, the decendants of my ancestors, I want to look at them and go, oh she takes that after so and so.

I couldn't put up with the kid of a total stranger. If anyone does, good for them though. It's good someone would take in a kid nobody wanted.

U2Kitten said:

It's good someone would take in a kid nobody wanted.

Or children who have had their parents die, or were ill and couldn't look after them....

Muminki said:

Or children who have had their parents die, or were ill and couldn't look after them....

Oh, I'd gladly take in the kid of a relative or friend if I had to, but the kid of a total stranger, that just freaks me out. But like I said if others want to do it more power to them.

I'd like to have 4. I'll have the first two, wait several years and then have the second two, kind of like how Bono and Ali did it. But I'll probably wind up with 2, maybe 3.

U2Kitten said:

Oh, I'd gladly take in the kid of a relative or friend if I had to, but the kid of a total stranger, that just freaks me out. But like I said if others want to do it more power to them.

I was trying to say that not all orphaned children are just kids that nobody wanted.

I wasn't talking about whether or not you felt like you could adopt a child, none of my business. :)

0 to 2.

Either that, or have 1 and then die heroically in a drag racing accident when the child is around 8 or 9 years old. He will have to drop out of boarding school and work in a bottle factory, polishing glass bottles. Builds character.

Last edited:
I was an only child and always felt kind of lonely, so I'd say two. No more than that, though.

I currently have one--Jack Flash. He's orange and purrs a lot :wink:

At least 2, not sure of a limit. Depends on space, money, and what we're doing at the time.

We've got friends who have 13, all biological, from a single marriage. And now there's 12 grandkids and counting...

Back
Top Bottom