how many holes have you had in your teeth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sicy said:
Mine dont bother me so I dont see any reason to have them removed :reject:

If they are in straight, you could have them pulled rather than removed surgically. It's way cheaper and not that bad if they're in straight. My dentist said this procedure is very simple, a lot easier than a filling, and it takes about 5 minutes tops (unless you're my second wisdom tooth and so insanely impacted the dentist throws his back out, hehe). The first time I had it done, I walked home afterward.

I have a chipped bottom tooth towards the front. Nothing filled in, it's just there.

I've had other teeth with filled holes, maybe three or four.

I had my wisdom teeth (all 4) removed under general anaesthetic, and I can't complain. Seriously no problem, it's a bit uncomfortable because you can't eat solid foods for a few days, but otherwise I had a pretty easy time of it.

If you have 32 teeth it means that you have your wisdom teeth. It is possible for your wisdom teeth to never form, I only had 3. I have a friend who had 5 and one of them punctured his sinus :yikes:.

I just had a crown finished earlier this week on a tooth that had a root canal. I have fillings on most of my molars. I'm sure I probably have a couple of cavities, but no dental insurance so I guess they'll be there for a while. I also have really sensitive teeth due to grinding so I never can tell when pain is from a cavity or if it's just sensitivity.

More than i can count :( I had 6 in 2 months at one stage. I brush my teeth and do all the right things, but my dentist reckons some people are just more susceptible than others.

I have to go back again very soon as at least 2 of the fillings have fallen out and i can feel little gaps where they were :( Not looking forward to it - I hate the dentist:mad:

Only two fillings however, since an unfortunate car accident while in college my mouth is a series of crowns and bridges.:drool:

smoking a pack of cigarettes each day greatly reduces the risk of cavities. i bet all the zero-people in here smoke wildly. :tsk:

I only have one filling, but I had loads of cavities in my baby teeth. I don't really know why because I've always eaten well and I'm really obsessed with oral hygiene. It always annoyed me that my brother could go for weeks without brushing his teeth :)yuck: ) and have no problems. :angry:

U2Man said:
smoking a pack of cigarettes each day greatly reduces the risk of cavities. i bet all the zero-people in here smoke wildly. :tsk:

Never a cigarrette in my life.

Nevertheless, I got a form of asthma :(

You can have wisdom teeth from 0 to 6.
It's not that much of an exception to never develop any wisdom teeth, but six wisdom teeth are a rarity :)

fly so high! said:

I was 0 until 21+, i have 2 but prolly on my way for a third, also i need my wisdom teeth out :|

Now I'm 21 as well, and I was at the half-year check at December 27th.
My dentist said my teeth are perfect :)

Last edited:
fly so high! said:
Perfect teeth:drool: You know........i dumped a guy once for having awful teeth......i know that may seem shallow...but having nice teeth is a big deal!

I understand that perfectly well.

I've had one cavity. I didn't let the dentist use novocain or anything when he drilled. I was more afraid of the shot in the gums than the drill. :crack:

I have great teeth. :D I never needed braces. :drool:

i had like 4 shots with the most lethal anaesthetic known to mankind when i was drilled :madwife:

BonosBaby12 said:
With my top 2 wisdom teeth I can have the dentist pull them. The bottoms ones though grew in horizontal and are impacted.

The dentist may still be able to pull the horizontal ones, if you'd rather do it that way. My second one was completely horizontal and impacted into my jaw, but my dentist likes a challenge and I swore to him I wouldn't freak out being conscious. It took a long time and felt like my whole face was being pulled off, but with the novacaine shots you don't feel any sort of pain. If you're not bothered or grossed out, it's not a big deal. The pulling of the tooth was far worse than my straight one because he had to do a lot of drilling and cracking to break it from the jaw (whilst I was awake), but with this one he gave me one suture which helped a lot in the end. The straight tooth he just pulled and left open, so I basically had a dry socket for a long time. It itched more than it hurt and took forever to heal, bled for several weeks. The impacted tooth he put in a stitch and I think that helped it start heeling immediately. No pain or itching at all, and I never took prescription meds, just some Tylenol for a day or two because of the headache from being held in a headlock for 15 minutes.

I'm glad I did them both this way. I observed what most of my friends went through after having them surgically removed and no thank you! Mostly I'm glad I didn't mess with the anesthesia or the Vicodin. A lot of people told me it makes them feel sick and barf. I was able to walk home after my procedures and had to eat soup for four days, could not rinse my mouth for a week, but I never felt groggy or sick. Also, I have this weird fascination with dentistry, so it's kind of cool to be conscious and see what's going on.

U2Man said:

I started smoking when I was 11 yrs. old and had my first cavity when I was 18. As of now ... I have a total of 4 fillings.

I quit smoking 3 yrs. ago and haven't had another cavity since ... so there goes your theory !! :wink:

Liesje said:

The dentist may still be able to pull the horizontal ones, if you'd rather do it that way. My second one was completely horizontal and impacted into my jaw, but my dentist likes a challenge and I swore to him I wouldn't freak out being conscious. It took a long time and felt like my whole face was being pulled off, but with the novacaine shots you don't feel any sort of pain. If you're not bothered or grossed out, it's not a big deal. The pulling of the tooth was far worse than my straight one because he had to do a lot of drilling and cracking to break it from the jaw (whilst I was awake), but with this one he gave me one suture which helped a lot in the end. The straight tooth he just pulled and left open, so I basically had a dry socket for a long time. It itched more than it hurt and took forever to heal, bled for several weeks. The impacted tooth he put in a stitch and I think that helped it start heeling immediately. No pain or itching at all, and I never took prescription meds, just some Tylenol for a day or two because of the headache from being held in a headlock for 15 minutes.

I'm glad I did them both this way. I observed what most of my friends went through after having them surgically removed and no thank you! Mostly I'm glad I didn't mess with the anesthesia or the Vicodin. A lot of people told me it makes them feel sick and barf. I was able to walk home after my procedures and had to eat soup for four days, could not rinse my mouth for a week, but I never felt groggy or sick. Also, I have this weird fascination with dentistry, so it's kind of cool to be conscious and see what's going on.

The dentist I was going to regularly wouldn't pull the bottom teeth. However Im looking around for a new dentist so once I find one Im going to see if they will pull the bottom ones. This option sounds sooooo much better than the surgery! Things like this never seem to bother me. Would really prefer to get around having to take prescription medicine too if I can. One of my friend's had his done by a surgeon and I remember him saying that he couldn't handle the side effects of Vicodin. Plus based on your experience with the impacted tooth it doesn't seem like you had much to deal with afterwards :hmm:

Thanks for the tip! :)

I have had so many cavities it's ridiculous. :| I've always brushed, flossed, used mouthwash 2 times a day. I also have a toothbrush and floss at my desk at work just in case I need it. It must be my family because we all have had a lot of dental work.

In jr high/high school, I had braces for 3 years with tons of little rubberbands. I could barely speak when they were in. I had to get 4 teeth removed just to get braces put on. I didn't have a single cavity the entire 3 years I had braces but I had tons before and after. A year after my braces came off I had to get all 4 wisdom teeth removed. I had a lot of pain from one of them until they were removed. I have asthma. The oral surgeon I went to would only give me gas to put me out. He said I had to be somewhat awake during the surgery in case I had any breathing complications. They gave me tons of gas so I was practically out anyway. I didn't have a single problem with being awake during the surgery. I also didn't have any problems at all once I got home. The worst part of the whole wisdom teeth experience was they used real stitches so I had to go in to get the stitches removed. That hurt like hell! :scream: I think they use ones that dissolve now but I could be wrong.

My teeth were so crooked and messed up before all of this! :( I haven't had to get any major work done since all other than fillings since high school.

Last edited:
Liesje said:

I would still feel more comfortable using an oral surgeon (which I did before braces) because they have several years more of training than a dentist. The dentist may lack the board certifications for teeth removal that an oral surgeon has.

ntalwar said:

I would still feel more comfortable using an oral surgeon (which I did before braces) because they have several years more of training than a dentist. The dentist may lack the board certifications for teeth removal that an oral surgeon has.

Fair enough. In general it's good to research your options. My dentist was the best available here and we pay him more than the others cost because he's fixed teeth other dentists and surgeons said we had to have pulled or crowned. My mom calls him an artist when it comes to teeth. He's been doing this for 40 years and just retired this month because his back problems began to affect his work. I was more comfortable discussing options with him than some oral surgeon I'd never met and who'd never done work on my mouth before. IMO, I'll trade training and certifications for more experience and actually listening to the patient.

Back
Top Bottom