How many different types of music do you like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stargroovin70

Babyface
Obviously, we all have some common taste, or we wouldn?t be here? but I think it?s fascinating how people can like a certain type of music but then all have different tastes in other music ~ I?m curious to see what the mix is like here.

Mmmm.........fresh brains.........:laugh:

Hey, stargroovin'...if you want to check out the type of music Interferencers like besides U2, I would check out Just The Bang And The Clatter, a sub-forum of Lemonade Stand.

As for me...I :heart: Ryan Adams.

Everybody: WE KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, okay! :shifty:

I like lots of music though...lots of genres...I'm all over the place.

Yeah, well, music has never been fond of you, so sucks to your ass-mar!

Have a nice day! :wave:

almost everyone claims to listen to "all kinds of music". some people are really kidding themselves.. actually probly most people if you find out what all is available. Me, I don't like all kinds of music, rather I like all good music ;)

My oft listened to genres (not easy to classify at all) are:
trance, rock, chill-out, hip hop, ambient, post-rock, worldbeat, house, deep house, breakbeats, trip hop, acid jazz, instrumental type soundtracky stuff, celtic, tambourine solos, new age, oldies, and stuff.

i really like classical but don't have much and i think i'm getting into jazz (i recommend cinematic orchestra). i like old time country and folk but don't listen to it much, i used to not like rap but that's gone totally 180 on me.. right now i'm listening to roots manuva. it's phat.

i have.. thought it was interesting but it didn't move me too much. maybe i will start raving about it in a few months when i give it 3rd and 4th chances.. we shall see

it would be easier for me to tell you what i don't like. i don't like country, i don't like rap, i don't like a lot of mainstream rock bands (see your local corporate station's playlist for those), or crappy pop.

i don't really like jazz too much, but i can listen to it on occasion.

Genres are confusing, so I thought I'd just list a bunch of artists I like:

Bruce Springsteen
Talking Heads
REM
INXS
Jeff Buckley
Roy Orbison
The Beatles
Simon and Garfunkel
Marvin Gaye
The Doors
Aretha Franklin
Sarah McLachlan
Kate Bush
Chris Isaak
Eric Clapton
The Police
Pink Floyd
Peter Gabriel
The Clash
Elvis Costello
Coldplay
The Doves
Johnny Cash
Bonnie Raitt
Prince

I also love classical music. I went through a period where that's about all I listened to. Now I'm back to listening to mostly rock music.

Last edited:
Bono's shades said:

Bruce Springsteen
Talking Heads
REM
INXS
Jeff Buckley
Roy Orbison
The Beatles
Simon and Garfunkel
Marvin Gaye
The Doors
Aretha Franklin
Sarah McLachlan
Kate Bush
Chris Isaak
Eric Clapton
The Police
Pink Floyd
Peter Gabriel
The Clash
Elvis Costello
Coldplay
The Doves
Johnny Cash
Bonnie Raitt
Prince

Ditto this list (I haven't heard of the Doves, and haven't really heard anything by Kate Bush...but I like all the other artists on your list...you've got good taste in music).

Originally posted by Bono's shades
I also love classical music. I went through a period where that's about all I listened to. Now I'm back to listening to mostly rock music.

I haven't listened to a lot of classical music...but I've heard a little here and there...*shrugs*...I don't mind it. It creates interesting pictures in my mind.

I listen to music from pretty much any genres. Granted, there's some that I listen to a lot more than others (I don't listen to much jazz...not because I don't like it, but because I just never think to pick up CDs from jazz artists or download jazz music-but I do like the little jazz I've heard).

Basically, the only stuff you really wouldn't catch me listening to is a lot of the pop music along the lines of the guy groups like BSB and *N Sync and them as well as the Jessica Simpson stuff and all that (I did go through my teenybopper phase when I was, like, 13, but I grew out of that), and you wouldn't catch me listening to a lot of the new "country" music out today (still love what Tom Petty said about a lot of the "country" music out today-"Today's country music is just really bad rock packaged as country music")-the stuff my parents and grandparents would've listened to, that is country music.

And you wouldn't catch me listening to pretty much any pure disco music.

Other than that...I'm really open to any of the other types of music out there.

Angela

Vision--Close-Minded

Everyone tells me I'm close minded
Why don't you listen to this, you might like it
You're some hypocrite if you say you don't buy it
I'll tell you right now that I'm never gonna try it
Give me what I want or there's gonna be a riot

What am I to do
Close-minded
What am I to do
Close-minded

Make no mistake, there's no compromise
Just try and see it through my eyes
I'll tell ya one more time that ya better keep quiet
If it's not punk rock, I'm never gonna like it

What am I to do
Close-minded
What am I to do
Close-minded

[spoken]You know, everybody's always saying, "you're really close minded. You only listen to one type of music. You only go to one type of show." And I say, "well you know what? This is the type of music that we grew up on. This is the type of music that we play. Punk rock is our way of life. It's how we choose to live, and everyone else's opinion is worth nothing. Don't worry about what I listen to, worry about your own life. 'Cause I'm not going to change for you or anyone. I can't help it if you don't like it, and it's up to me if I don't want to listen to anything else. it's what's in our blood. It flows through our vaines. So save your breath, 'cause we're here to stay."

Why don't you listen to this, you might like it
You're some hypocrite if ya say you don't buy it
I’ll tell you right now that I'm never gonna try it
Give me what I want or there's gonna be a riot

i don't listen to "types of music"...i just pick and choose musicians/groups...i never listen to the radio cause none of my favs are on it...these are the groups you MOST OFTEN find me listening to, but i like others...

u2 (duh)
jeff buckley (2nd fav)
rem
radiohead
oasis
doves
pete yorn
clash
bruce springsteen
sting/sting and the police

and that's about it. maybe i'll like someone else more later *shrugs* but i'm kind of picky...all mainstream pop music makes my skin crawl...

I listen to mainstream pop a lot. Depends on what you consider mainstream really, but I can count Kylie Minogue, Pet Shop Boys and Oasis as part of my favourite artiste repertoire.

Bono's shades said:

Bruce Springsteen
Talking Heads
REM
INXS
Jeff Buckley
Roy Orbison
The Beatles
Simon and Garfunkel
Marvin Gaye
The Doors
Aretha Franklin
Sarah McLachlan
Kate Bush
Chris Isaak
Eric Clapton
The Police
Pink Floyd
Peter Gabriel
The Clash
Elvis Costello
Coldplay
The Doves
Johnny Cash
Bonnie Raitt
Prince

Oh man great list. I love a lot of the bands you listed. Coldplay rocks! Hey, do you have the Weekend Players CD. If you're into Coldplay, you'll probably dig them.

well, as for types of music, i like:

• rock
  • pop
  • dance
  • hard rock
  • techno
  • synth pop
  • progressive rock
  • jazz
  • classical
  • hip hop
  • rhythm and blues
  • rap
  • swing

methinks that's it for now. :scratch:

I've gone through the jazz, new age, techno, rave, etc. phases. And ofcourse rock and alternative.

Now, I just :heart:, aside from alternative and rock, chillout, electronica and world. I only listen to one R&B and one hiphop artist.

I more or less listen to everything (except country to be honest) I would like to add some more classic music and jazz to my collection at somepoint in time.

Usually on in my car or computer at work:
rock or alternative or whatever you want to call it these days or
some form of electronica - kinda into the downtempo stuff these days

Hey Bono's Shades, I was wondering if you'd heard of Weekend Players? As a fellow Coldplay fan, I thought you might know them or like them. It's a really cool album. I've been listening to it since I heard it on KCRW. I love her voice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom