How Many Credit Cards Do You Have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I only have four-from the major companies. I have no store credit cards, because I know it would be far too tempting for me. I figure if I can't afford to pay for it now, I probably shouldn't buy it.And everytime I go into any store now, it's the constant sales pitch for their store card, and 'instant credit'.

Credit card debt scares me- I try to use mine only for certain things you need them for, like online ordering and travel, and of course concert tickets.

And credit card companies make me :madspit: I always pay my bills on time, but I'm sure the first time I don't they'll be all over me like white on rice. :rolleyes:

I have two and I have learned that I should not use them. Mainly because I am terrible about remembering to pay bills and then get in trouble with the company and wreck my credit rating. :huh: I finally paid off my spontaneous U2 expenses (Boston 4 took a big chunk) and since then I haven't used them at all. I keep them around for security in travelling, in case I were to run out of money, but other than that I prefer to use my debit card. At least that way I know I can afford it. lol.

I hate bills

I have two but one is never used.. just as overdraft protection for my bank account.

I would never get store credit cards and I will never understand why people have more than 1 or 2 credit cards. I mean you can use one credit card for everything right??

Basstrap said:
zero
I don't trust myself :huh:

I never wanted one, but I had to get one so I could build up a credit history. For some reason that I can't understand, no credit history is apparently worse than a bad credit history. :huh:

I have one credit card. I'm only 20, and I wanted to build credit, so I got a credit card about a year ago. I only charge things that I know I can afford, and I pay off my balance every month.

I have two. I find it better than having just one because I like to pay all my balances off in full and having two credit cards makes it easier for me to pay them off right away.

Sounds like it's the same thing as having one card but if they both have a balance of say $300 bucks on each, one is due mid-month and the other is due at the end of the month so the payments are split. If they were both due at the same time then it wouldn't make a difference but since it's otherwise I feel it easier to pay them off.

I used to have alot of store credit cards but when I got engaged and we started looking for a house I cancelled all of them. The two that I have now are considered liabilities on my loan application, imagine if I had all of them still!!!!

3 major ones: Visa Platinum, Mastercard, and Discover Platinum.
A couple of Dept. Stores: Macy's and Filene's...which usually get used only around Christmas.
I always pay my balance, so I find them a useful tool, but you do have to be very careful not to overspend just cause you have credit cards.

I have one and I try to only use it for stuff that I really need to like online ordering and stuff.
I do find myself getting very tempted by stuff though and have to keep very strict control over myself so I dont buy it on the credit card.
I would never have store cards as I couldnt trust myself. :no:

I just have one. I have it to build my credit rating and to use when buying stuff online. Plus, using a credit card is easier than writing a check or always having to have cash on hand. I make sure to never charge more than I can afford, though.

I have two (well three, but one's overdraft protection on my checking account). I don't use them that often. One I haven't touched in over half a year, the other I try not to use too much, but it does come in handy.

Umm...just 2 I guess...seems like I have more. I do have a couple from dept stores, but I just got them to get a discount, and now they are hidden away so I won't use them. I only really use one main credit card. The other is an amex, which I got because they are so helpful when traveling abroad.

I have a Visa card and a Boscov's (department store) card. I also have a Visa check card, but that comes right out of my checking account.

One.

I do not trust myself with more. Frankly, I don't even trust myself with this one. On occasion I have to leave it home so I know I won't be able to use it. But that said...

I :heart: my credit card. :cute:

5 majors, no department store. Several years ago, I had 6 or 7 majors and probably 8 department store cards but I was tired of being a slave to the credit card companies and got rid of almost all of them. The ones I have now all have low limits and I pay them off every month when I can. I try to be responsible.

U still wouldn't have won diamond. I was at a fundraising trivia nigth where every now and then you had to do unusual things ( my team won, I think it was the Elvis Presley impersonation..rotfl) anyway, 5 points were offered to the person with the most credit cards on them. I was stunned by how many some people had.

I have one and use it carefully, very carefully. I am rather annoyed with the way they continually try to increase my credit limit. I have unshakable caution when it comes to money, but someone like my husband or one of my girlfriends who wants everything. could get into very serious trouble with that kind of tempatation placed before them. I think there is something potentially dangerous about them. Though handy at times, very.

One, and i don't use it much. I have it linked to my checking account so that the minimum balance automattically comes out of my checking so that I don't forget to pay it. It's also set up for overdraft protection.

Back
Top Bottom