How many CD's do you have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Just wondering how big everyones collections are respectively. How many cd's, mp3's, tapes, records, what eva floats your freaking boat. I know how all of us big music fans like to brag about our collections.

I truthfully dont even know how big mine is right now, and I cant check (roommate is asleep).

I have about 70 U2 cd's alone. I'll figure out the actual numbers ASAP.

I have about 430 mp3's on my computer right now. I delete a lot of them, or burn them onto cd's or md's, or erase them when I get the albums, so I never have huge amounts of mp3's. This is actually the most mp3's I've ever had at one time.

Music fans bragging about collections? Naahhh, never. :D
I'm a music fan and I don't brag about it. I only have about 270 CD's and 150 single-CD's. Of course, this is just my collection of original CD's, not counting CD-R's (mostly U2 bootlegs (60), but also some Bruce live material).

Having a shitty (non-broadband) connection I don't have many MP3's. Don't know exactly how many, but if it's 50 it is a lot.

But bragging? No...

C ya!

Marty

I haven't counted for awhile but I'd say I have around 450 or so. That's including boots and CDR's.
As for MP3's. I don't hold on to many, because I have a very small hard drive and not so great speakers for my computer, so if they don't get burned on to a CD then they usually get deleted. I proabably have around 75.
I personally don't want my CD collection to get bigger than 450. I am constantly cleaning it up and getting rid of stuff. I buy too many, so when a new one comes in, somethings gotta go. I only want to own CD's I actually still listen to.
I got bored with collecting U2 boots. There are still some more I'd like, but again, why have so many you can't possibly ever listen to them all. :der:

People who have like over 100 boots must never move ever. :crack:

Last edited:
355 cd's total, 70 of those being U2 or U2 related.

I keep on selling cd's back, because I dont have enough room for them here in my room in this apt. I need to move into a new place where I dont have to share a room. Then they'll probably acumulate more.

9 concerts/ band related movies on video and DVD.

Have about 20 or 30 albums recorded on minidisc that I dont have the CD's of. Believe it or not, you can actually rent cd's in Japan, it was great.

My roommate has about 200 or more cd's and he has complete different stuff than I do too, so it feels like I have a lot more cds sometimes.

Last edited:
I have a bag full of stuff I carry everywhere, and right now, I have around 115 CDs in there. :der: I haven't counted how many CDs I own in a long time, but it's probably over 200 if I count bootlegs.

i've got about 150 cassette tapes, i don't know how many vinyl records...about 25 maybe...

probably about 200 non-burned cds and about 40 burned ones...

but i usually buy my cds used or get free cds when extras come into the radio station...i got a copy of "brainwashed" (george harrison) that way.

God...I don't know. A little over 200 non-burned cds. Probably 20 burned cds. About 80 boots. So 300 total, I guess. I'm not sure how many mp3s I have, but last I checked it was about 1000...damn. :crazy:

CD's: at least 47.

absolutely no bootlegs.

just a few mp3s.

5 albums, much scratched and dusty. :sad:

gazillian cassettes, and 1 DVD (the only one i will EVER need)!

ain't technology a bitch!

:mac: better for the masses, that kind of headache...:shrug:

over 100 cds, over 1000 mp3s.

I burn them, but then hate the mix I've collected a few months later so I stopped burning CDrs and just collected mp3s.

This would be better if I had an mp3 player....

About 300 cd's: 80 U2 related.

50 12" LP (U2 and their bootlegs) 20 7" singles, but there is no patridge family in my pear tree

Prolly around 50 actual CDs.. maybe a bit less. It's hard to say. Then I have 10000 mp3s that add up to almost 1000 hours of continuous music

Back
Top Bottom